Islamic Forum
Arsalan

Islam On Rise In Belgium

Islam on rise in Belgium

BRUSSELS, July 26 (UPI) -- Islam is becoming an increasingly popular religion in Belgium, with some four hundred converts last year.

The Islamic Centre in Brussels says the reason for the increase in Islam converts may be due to more public interest in the Muslim world after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks against the United States.

"People are discovering that we are different from the picture that the media has portrayed," Islamic Centre spokesman Abdel Kadet told the Belgian news agency Belga.

Seventy-five percent of the converts in 2004 were women but this is not necessarily because they need to do so to marry a Muslim man, according to the Islamic Centre. On the other hand, converting for love is far more common when a Belgian man falls head over heels in love with a Muslim girl, Adbdel Kadet said.

Copyright 2005 by United Press International. All Rights Reserved

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sciencedaily(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/upi/?feed=TopNews&article=UPI-1-20050726-09542800-bc-belgium-Islam.xml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sciencedaily(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/upi/?feed=TopN...lgium-Islam.xml[/url]

PropellerAds

:D

some four hundred converts last year.

:D that is such great news! its definitly changed for the better since the last time i was there :D

:D

salaam aleykum

i am from belgium :D i am 20 years old

my family is muslim, my mother is from belgium, but my father is from morocco,i am a mix born in belgium

my mother can t speek arabic but is also a converted to Islam

i cant speek arabic but i am going to learn from my father,but the most important is that i am muslim..

i bear witness that there is only one god, and that is Allah, and Mohammed is this messenger!!!!!

^ Salam!

MashAllah.

Thanks for shareing that with us. Its great to know so many reverts to Islam, and people finding their faith even in this day n age. may Allah guide us till our very end. Amen

We are truly ungrateful for the Iman that he gives us and continues to give us.