Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Introvert

Islam in Argentina

PropellerAds

:D

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamerica.com.ar/"]Islamic Organization for Latin America, Argentina[/url]

Edited by ummammaar

Assalam-o-alaikum

Anyone from Argentina please tell us about Islam, that is one place I dream of visiting....in the near future...do they speak english there, I'd like to know more about Argentina

as salam alaikum,

I live in Uruguay which is next to Argentina, and no there are no argentinians here, I think Im the only southamerican in IF.

But I can tell you what I know about Argentina. They speak spanish, as in almost every latin american country.

Any other question?

wa alaikum salam

my thoughts exactly ... whenever i hear of argentina or latin america ...infact ... the only thing that comes to my mind are kafirs and Homo-priests :D ... otherthan that ...i cant think of any ??

Well apart that a lot r kafirs, i like the culture, well not really the wild side, but the dancing, clothes, music, language and hospitality...lol.

as salaam alaikum,

homopriests? where?

Its more dangerous than Uruguay but yuo dont know how dangerous my country is :D . Its ok if you dont go around showing that you have lots of money and are a tourist. If you take a taxi dont act as if yuo are argentinian or he+´ll take you around the whole city. And tell the hotel guy to call the taxi for you.

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

Argentina is a beautiful country. They have breathtaking mountains (forgot what they're called) that I would love to climb. Insha'Allah! Insha'Allah! Insha'Allah!

Isn't it really close to the South Pole? It's an outdoorsmans paradise.

as salaam alaikum, near south pole...well....the southest part of argentina is near I guess...

in Argentina they have the biggest Masjid of SouthAmerica

Oh really akhi? Masha' Allah. I could have never imagined that. Do a lot of Muslims there go to that masjid or it's just big physically? Also, do they hold classes to teach nonmuslims and new muslims, as well regular classes?

as salaam alaikum,

Ive never been there but Ive heard about it and seen pictures as a sister went there. For the amount of muslims in Argentina or in that city the Masjid seems a waste of money, but I guess they are thinking about the future.

They even have football courts!!! I want to go there! And they are planning to put an Islamic school soon, everything inside it. They have classes about Islam and arabic, about teaching non muslims, i dont know, maybe if they ask they can?

I think they're trying to prevent the Muslims from being absorbed in the society and loose Islam...I think that happened to most Arabs in Latin America?

Is anyone from Argentina? I've read that it has approx 800000 muslims there.

SALAAM,

800000 Muslim woow..now thats something i didnt know SUBHANALLAH!!

I have been to Buenos Aires, unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to find any masjids or fellow muslims :D

However as a city, people are generally friendly. The streets look very European (in fact they look almost exactly like Paris!) and there is some nice architecture. I suffered no prejudice at all being a muslim (in fact that goes for many other countries in South America). In fact a lot of people were interested in finding out why some muslims are against the American government (as many South American countries also feel oppressed by the USA and have similar anti-Bush stances).

Thanks for the links above, if Allah gives me the opportunity to visit again, I will prepare time to visit some masjids inshAllah.

Edited by Anj

*link removed as it is of secretarian nature*

Islam in argentina is growing

Edited by amani

I thought that the Muslims there are only those that follow the Sunnah, not those who don't--SubhanAllah.

Assalam-o-alaikum

Anyone from Argentina please tell us about Islam, that is one place I dream of visiting....in the near future...do they speak english there, I'd like to know more about Argentina

Assalamo Alaikom

Spanish is the official language in Argentina, but it seems there are indeed many from Muslim origins (Syria and Lebanon) whose families went to Argentina 100 years ago.

The first batch of Muslims is said to have arrived sometime in 1870, from such countries as Syria, Lebanon, and Palestine, but in recent years the number of Arabs emigrating to Argentina has gone down.

The Director of the center for Islamic Studies in Argentina has said that the country is witnessing as increase in the number of new converts to Islam.

In the Argentinian capital, there is a large Masjid that was built in 1989, but there also are numerous other Masjids in various parts of the country.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Athens/Parthenon/4482/islaminargentina.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Athens/Parthenon/...nargentina.html[/url]

Wa alaykum salaam,

I went to Buenos Aires, capital city of Argentina this year...and I went to the two sunni Masjids they have there. I even stayed for the weekend in the saudi Masjid (biggest in south america), it has its own madrasa. I prayed at the other one too, has an egyptian sheikh, smaller but nice....and by smaller I mean several times our Masjid in uruguay lol, well ours its not Masjid its musalla.

For the amount of muslims there are only a few go to pray...in fajr we werent more than 5. The sisters I think are like anywhere else, I didnt see many but some with hijab some without it. Most brothers without beard as usual. They do have good infraestructure...they even have volleyball, ping pong, arabic classes, library, etc...they treated me well...

Assalam-o-alaikum

Argentina used to be a Spanish colony. After Napeleon in 1810 when Joseph his brother became king of Spain, got independence.

It's a Catholic country with the biggest Jewish community after israel living in there.

I hope that helps...

I think, apart from antartica, South America has the lowest Muslim population among all contninents..isn't it?

most of south america was colony of spain, who were strict catholics. they banned anyone who wasn't catholic entering south america. those who weren't catholic were forced into catholicism. that's the reason why.