Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swanlake

Commitment To Quran Memorisation

:D

Asalaamu'alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatauh

InshaAllaah these are some points regarding surah al-Baqara memorisation.

1. Commitment

- InshaAllaah,We will use this thread to put the names who express that they want to participate.

If you would like to participate in this Program, please reply to this thread saying:"I would like to participate."

2- Time Frame

- You will have an entire day to memorise 2 aayahs. Nothing else is required from you except that. This is not much if you consider the amount of time we spend here. Imagine how many verses of the Quran we can memorise if we used all the time we come here. We have the time and we have to commit.

3. Steady Pace

- At times you may think some verses are very easy, and want to move on to three aayahs or four aayahs, but I request that we take this slowly and memorize in a consistent manner. Therefore, I ask all users participating to simply stick to memorizing two aayahs of this Soorah. As well, perfecting ones pronunciation and beautifying ones recitation in those two aayahs that are memorized for the particular day.

4. Check-In

- InshaAllaah, a section will be created to post the daily assignments which will be called Qur'aan Memorisation Assignment, and a section will be created called Qur'aan Memorization Check-In, please try to post when you completed your assignment in the Check-In section. In shaa Allaah, there will also be a section called Word for Word meaning of Surah- Al Baqarah (chapter 2 of the Quran), to help those who are having difficulty with memorising the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/glossary/glossary_a003.html#ayah"]Aayaat[/url]. InshaAllaah, you will have the entire day to memorise from 12am to 12am. Please post that you completed your assignment before the deadline in the following format:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/glossary/glossary_a003.html#ayah"]Aayah[/url] 1-2 = Complete: 11:37am

Please only post that in the section, and do not post any comments.I know some may not have access to the forums, or may be busy to log in each day, so if that is your case, try to log in at least every second day and post in the Check-In section that both assignments were done on their specific days.

JazaakAllaahu Khayran.

We will start 2nd of August.

May Allaah Subhanahu Wa Ta3la grant all of us success towards our path in learning the Book of Allaah Subhanahu Wa Ta3la and the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah SaAllahu Alayhi Wa Salaam.

Remember: 'Aaishah radiyAllaahu 'anha narrated that the Messenger of Allaah SaAllahu Alayhi Wa Salaam said: "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately and know that your deeds will not make you enter Paradise, and that the most beloved deed to Allaah's is the most regular and constant even though it were little." - Saheeh al-Bukhaaree

Wa'alaykumassalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatauh

PropellerAds

I would like to participate!

InshAllah..... I would like to participate..........

:D sis!

yes i would like to participate too

I was thinking...is sura Baqarah which is the longest sura in the Quran the best to start off with?

If it were a shorter one, maybe people could get used to the process and how things work and once the sura is finished we could find out if there were any problems.

Sura Baqarah would take ages to learn and many might find it hard to keep up if they are unable to access the forum.

Just a suggestion..

I agree with bro rofi... but shouldnt we discuss this in the other thread?

As the words from a teacher who has been teaching Quran to students for over 12 years (Not me):

"It is advised not to start from the start of Quran, rather start from the back, as the memorisation of the smaller Surah's will increase your accuracy of Tajweed and memorisation of full Quran. Starting from the back is like climbing a strong ladder with supported steps, while starting from the start, is like climbing a weak ladder with a step here and there."

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Asalam alikum,

I think Surah Baqrah is easy, We start from Sran Baqrah or Last surah, in both cases we have to memorize two ayahs a day.

I would like to participate- inshALLAH

Common people. Imagine the amount of time you spend here. 30min (maximum) per day spending on memorising Quran wouldnt hurt you..would it? It is just 2 ayats per day.

Asalam alikum,

I think Surah Baqrah is easy, We start from Sran Baqrah or Last surah, in both cases we have to memorize two ayahs a day.

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

For someone like me and others who have memorised a good amount of Qur'an and know the pattern of tajweed surat Al Baqarah is easy, true akhi. Nonetheless for most of the people here their tajweed may not be as good as they'd like or perhaps they don't know the rules and what not. So for that i'd agree with what broter Mu'maneen said, my muallim says exactly the same thing (but i doubt we are talking about the same teacher here :D )

Sister Swanlake-I'll be honest, there is no need for me to join, not because i'm being lazy or anything :D I already memorize so...

Inshallah we will start tomorow (2nd of August). So far the following members would like to participate:

Swanlake

Teyyar ilfuraat

Keeping Faith

rofi

iftikharalam

Grace_of_Allah

SevenEightSix

And we have 11 votes which means that there are 5 members who didnt tell us that they committed to memorise but voted nonetheless. There are 5 members missing i think.

SO far the vote is going towards the memorisation of Surahs Al-Mulk, Yaseen, Waqiah, Muzzammil, Kahf, Sajada, Ar-Rahman.

Keep voting people here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=17146"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=17146[/url]

This is quite rewarding. Lets do it.

It will pick up after we are half way. I am sure many will regret not joining the group :D. Anyhow if i learn 2 verse a day is much better than nothing at all.

Maybe we should start offering free cars. :D

Yup, even ONE verse is better than nothing.

Yallah, insha'Allah more people will join.

I would like to participate.

Sis Zainab ...will you be in group A or Group B? See below for what they are:-

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=16861&st=60"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=16861&st=60[/url]

Thanks for telling me sis didn't see the new posts there. :D