Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crystal_sword

Un Peace Keepers

:D dear muslims

UN Peacekeepers in Somalia

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.whatreallyhappened(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/RANCHO/POLITICS/UN/peace.html"]Please Click Here[/url]

PropellerAds

The UN has no sovereignty and tries to assume the sovereignty of nations. This is the biggest reason the US is at odds with the UN. I know, alot of you non-Americans think the UN is a puppet of the US. But that couldn't be further from the truth. Most Americans don't trust the UN. It's a rogue psuedo political body with no true power. Until the last couple of weeks, the US didn't even have a UN Ambassador. And to be honest, I would have no quarrel with the US abandoning the UN entirely.

un is formed to do good worldwide. hence when it dont do wot it has promised to do, then members n the world should correct its weaknesses. neednt wait for the us to lead in the correction work :D

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.un(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Overview/brief.html"]THE UN IN BRIEF[/url]

The United Nations was established on 24 October 1945 by 51 countries committed to preserving peace through international cooperation and collective security. Today, nearly every nation in the world belongs to the UN: membership totals 191 countries*.

When States become Members of the United Nations, they agree to accept the obligations of the UN Charter, an international treaty that sets out basic principles of international relations. According to the Charter, the UN has four purposes: to maintain international peace and security; to develop friendly relations among nations; to cooperate in solving international problems and in promoting respect for human rights; and to be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.

The United Nations is not a world government and it does not make laws. It does, however, provide the means to help resolve international conflicts and formulate policies on matters affecting all of us. At the UN, all the Member States — large and small, rich and poor, with differing political views and social systems — have a voice and a vote in this process.

The United Nations has six main organs. Five of them — the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, the Trusteeship Council and the Secretariat — are based at UN Headquarters in New York. The sixth, the International Court of Justice, is located at The Hague in the Netherlands.

The UN has no sovereignty and tries to assume the sovereignty of nations.  This is the biggest reason the US is at odds with the UN.  I know, alot of you non-Americans think the UN is a puppet of the US.  But that couldn't be further from the truth.  Most Americans don't trust the UN.  It's a rogue psuedo political body with no true power.  Until the last couple of weeks, the US didn't even have a UN Ambassador.  And to be honest, I would have no quarrel with the US abandoning the UN entirely.

Salaam

The UN certainly isnt the greatest organisation in the world. But it has been obstructed by the US a lot in recent years (Basically it wont go along with the US line on issues eg. Iraq war)

I trust the UN a lot more than I trust the US when it comes to international affairs

Edited by PTJ_MrQ

Why do you trust the UN at all? It answers to no one. Most of the ambassadors are people you wouldn't want anywhere near your home.

Did you read the last section of that article? It points out the truth of the UN. Idealism never lives up to its promises.

OK, but im pretty sure that poor boy did not care about all this History... it was the UN Soldiers doing so. not the Ambasdeors.

Im thinking, since its Somalia, Are those US soldiers!?

The UN has no sovereignty and tries to assume the sovereignty of nations.

Lateralus, I think Americans should recognize that while the UN has intervened in instances in which the indigenous people didn't want their help, the US has made the same mistake numerous times as well.

We in the States act as if the UN is an aggressive, arrogant body attempting to shove their interests down the throats of the rest of us. The fact is, many around the world see the US and think the same thing about us.

At least the UN has worked to address humanitarian crises when the US turned the other way. Granted, the UN has botched MANY humanitarian operations -- Rwanda, for one -- but the US has provided NO alternative. If not for the UN, many more people would suffer than what suffer already.

I have serious issues with the UN, but they offer many potential -- and realized -- benefits to the world community. Unless the US decides that it could effectively take it's place, the world needs the UN. And as far as I see it, Americans will never be willing to accept the role of humanitarian, because simply, Americans don't really care about what goes on beyond our borders.

OK, but im pretty sure that poor boy did not care about all this History... it was the UN Soldiers doing so. not the Ambasdeors.

:D crystal_sword

I believe they were.

Unfortunately bad behavour is no longer news when it comes to US Troops.

Peace

:D

my main gripe with the UN is that it is extremelly slow when it come to reacting to different situations.

Wow, what an assumption! YOU DIDN'T EVEN READ YOUR OWN LINK. They were Belgian. How biased can you get? Sheesh. Anything for a bad word against an American, right? I don't know why I even bother to read your posts, crystal_sword.

I believe they were.

Unfortunately bad behavour is no longer news when it comes to US Troops.

You "believe" they were? Even though the article said they were Belgian, you believe they were American, anyway?

You know, I have no problem with well placed criticism of the United States. I'll gladly discuss our failings in a rational manner. But it's baseless accusations, or just plain laziness like this, that get me upset. I have no tolerance for this sort of self-serving trash.

It was Question Laterlus...

this was not a Report on Any1 Except UN so i asked from which nation it was from.

Sheesh. Anything for a bad word against an American, right?

right..

why I even bother to read your posts, crystal_sword.

I dont come on this forum and Post for your Pleasure mate. So dont get Excited when you see my posts because i dont really care of you read it or not..

:D

yes, there were belgian soliders who burnt that boy ALIVE :D :D

but thats not to say american soliders werent involved in toture and rape in somalia cos I know for a fact that they were along with other european UN soliders.

I have to give credit to the americans though, on this occasion there was someone more barbaric than them in terms of toture. The belgian soliders were known to be the most vile and brutal out of the bunch. You only have to ask those that were around at the time who witnessed it.

The pakistani UN soliders were also dispicable and started throw their weight, shooting civilans. Then locals fought back and shot aload of them up in an old stadium ground.

*sighs* American's are just people, like everyone else. You all go to so much effort to single them out.

Nationality doesn't matter in respect to these UN atrocities. The UN has nothing to keep it in check. These soldiers are nothing more than mercenaries. It doesn't matter if they're American, Belgian, Pakistani, or Martian.

American's are just people, like everyone else. You all go to so much effort to single them out.

Yeah, I think that's true.

Just as I -- and the other Americans that I've seen on this board -- have granted Muslims the courtesy of distinguishing between terrorism and Islam, it would be nice for others to grant us the courtesy of distinguishing between bad US policy and Americans in general. Just because a soldier is American does not mean that he/she is out looking to commit an atrocity.

it would be nice for others to grant us the courtesy of distinguishing between bad US policy and Americans in general.

That's not exactly what I was getting at. In this thread, atrocities were committed by pretty much everyone involved. Yet, the original poster claims it was Americans, even though the article said it was Belgians. When this fact is pointed out, someone says, well, Americans were in on it, even though it wasn't reported.

The anti-American bias is so bad, there are many threads I just don't bother joining. It's just too frustrating.

Edited by Lateralus

Right. I'm just saying that anytime American troops are involved in anything, the assumption is that the troops committed a crime, killed innocent people, etc.

If there was a report that US troops were deployed to Sudan to assist the African Union in providing aid to Darfur, I guarantee it wouldn't take 15 minutes before somebody accused US troops of committing some crime.

The concept that US troops are there to do a job -- and that they're not necessarily in favor of US policies -- seems to escape certain folks that I"ve come across here.

Yet, the original poster claims it was Americans, even though the article said it was Belgians.  When this fact is pointed out, someone says, well, Americans were in on it, even though it wasn't reported.

you think everything is reported in the news or documented down???????

I know for a FACT that americans were involved in toture as several of my immediate family were THERE at time, including some who were in the armed forces.

####, you think that you know more then the people who witnessed and exprienced of what happened?

Edited by Yank

I know not everything is reported in the media. But that doesn't mean you assume something has happened. I never claimed to know more than people who witnessed these events. You didn't mention that you had first hand knowledge. Is that my fault? Am I supposed to read your mind? But I'm the idiot, gotcha. I'll just believe every unsubstantiated claim on this board and then I'll be as smart as you.

Assalam-u-alikum

:D why is everybody so mean :D

lol hahaha

wasalaam

Peace Lateralus,

Is that my fault? Am I supposed to read your mind? But I'm the idiot, gotcha. I'll just believe every unsubstantiated claim on this board and then I'll be as smart as you.

I'm sure that is not the point sister Summer Girl was implying. Anyways the incident is so revolting :D :D that these people who do such things should be locked for eternity.

You see Lat, you can't comprehend how the relative of these victims feel. US has a tendecy of being part in almost every war or conflict. That is not to say all Americans should be brushed with the same brush. The minority are usually the ones causing the most havoc and suffering.

Perhaps it is time we stopped playing the blame game, but that can only be achieved if both sides agree on it.

That's not exactly what I was getting at. In this thread, atrocities were committed by pretty much everyone involved. Yet, the original poster claims it was Americans, even though the article said it was Belgians. When this fact is pointed out, someone says, well, Americans were in on it, even though it wasn't reported.

Oh please Dont Go there.

I clearly said it was UN, you can even Scroll UP. even the Title of the link says UN!!!

I asked were those US soldiers involved. not Claim or whatever you want to believe.

This is a forum. And everything we type os Evidence!!

READ!!!

Perhaps I give you too much credit, crystal_sword. I assumed you actually read the article you posted. From now on, I'll remember, crystal_sword posts articles without reading or understanding them. Thanks for clearing that up.

And everything we type os Evidence!!

Huh? I think you don't know the definition of "evidence".

Seriously Laterulus. for Somone with over 1700 posts, you sure dont show much Maturity do you.

My last post, Quote it and tell me whats wrong with it!

Huh? I think you don't know the definition of "evidence".

No Friend, Stockpiles of Evidence of what US Soldiers have done in Iraq. yet yo claim "US Government was wrong, Soldiers are good". Its not The Government thats Abusing Prisonors, its the Soldiers you are supporting.

Latrelus, Quote what the Title says.

I say no more

You said everything you type is evidence. That is not evidence. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word. Call me immature if you want, it doesn't bother me. You're twisting my words to imply that I was talking about the article when referring to evidence. I was not. I was referring to your TYPED WORDS, no the article. Is English your first language?