Islamic Forum
*MuSlIm*

I Went........................

:D

.......and i nearly went deaf! :D

please tell me why arab people make a strange noise at their weddings

what was the noise like? well, it was a cross between woooooooooooooooh and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. very loud. :D

PropellerAds

Asaslamu alaikaum

I went to an Arab wedding and even my Arab friend (the groom) was shocked at the noise made.

lol i know, the wimen do something with there tounges, sounds very evil !!

Asalaamu Alaikum, InshaAllah everyone is in the best fo health wa strong in Imaan =) yea them arab weddings are loud! lol Sometimes they are mixed, I dont go those but still even seperate weddings have haraam in them, May Allah :D guide us all on the right path :D . They are very loud to show their happiness for the new couple, lotsa drama! lol Some ppl dont have loud weddings though & the women do that thing to show they are excited for the new couple, etc. I dont even know why, its just annoyin sometimes. Asalaamu Alaikum

I love that noise... its the best lolz! I can hardly make it though... my tongue is like to slow!!!! lol since its sooo loud at weddings.. I always practice there so no one can hear me :D

Its all cool though... they sometimes do that at funerals and other occasions too..

:sl : Funerals? really?! I've never heard it at funerals , I guess maybe if a shaheed died , then they would do that, but Ive never heard it :D

:sl : Funerals? really?! I've never heard it at funerals , I guess maybe if a shaheed died , then they would do that, but Ive never heard it  :D

yea probably... cause I remember watching these two videos before that when these shahids died... all the women started doing it...

zalagit... oh yeaaa... :D sis

I can hardly make it though... my tongue is like to slow!!!!

Neither can I :D

somalis do that noise tongue wagging thing too at weddings, when the bride comes in/ or bride and groom if its mixed. Sounds pretty cool when you can do it right. It proper high pitched as well.

never heard them doing at funerals!

I love that noise... its the best lolz! I can hardly make it though... my tongue is like to slow!!!! lol since its sooo loud at weddings.. I always practice there so no one can hear me :D

i must admit, i did have a go. but my sister kept nudging me and telling me to shut up :D

lolz jk in libya they call it zaghreet .......i luv that sound.....but just coz i luv it doesnt mean i can do it lolz sounds like im screaching :D

hahah.. i know what ur talking about! been to a lot of arab weddings :D..that sound is kinda like those native red indians haha.. its kinda freaky man.. its all good..

Yeah I know the sound too. It kinda freaks me out because there's like NONE of that in the USA. Ha, I can imagine marrying an Arab girl and my family would be like :D :D :D ha ha ha :D

AS

:D that sound gets old fast! i call it the 'lee lee lee sound'

i make the sound to my friends when we want to have a good laugh.

i made them all promise they will not do that at my wedding! you just get this feeling like :D

:D got to love those arab women

Edited by desertdweller

lol i know, the wimen do something with there tounges, sounds very evil !!

that sound is really scary :D reminds me of native americans before they attack.

when it was my parents cousins wedding, she had invited 2 arab ladies; when it was time for her to leave the wedding hall with her husband, the 2 women started making that noise. all the pakistani women were like :D "what the hell are they doing?" :D

Somalies do that too :D lol. its called mishharad in somali. :D

and yes guys, thats the sound we make right before we attack, so when u hear it u better run for ur life. j/k

my mother can make that sound and i love it :D

(my roots are coming from syria so i'm an arab too :D)

Somalies do that too :D lol. its called mishharad in somali.  :D

they do :D Do they do it at the beginning when da bride shows :D. lol dont you just hate baaranbor (sp?) :D

just remembered what baranbuur was :D

yes, i think they do it in the beginning

Edited by sis Qassab

Somalies do that too :D lol. its called mishharad in somali.  :D

Soomaalis call it alalaas, I believe, not misharad. It is literally based on the rhymes and sounds they make on that special day, especially right after the "nikaax" time when the groom officially marries the bride. Upon hearing in the immediate happy environment that the official "nikaax" is over, Soomaali women go "alalalalala," wiggling their tongues amazingly.

lol :D it was scary for you! Women do it at almost any happy occasion.

You'll be ok just don't stand beisde someone doing it. :D

unfortunately i havnt been to an arab wedding as yet..... :D but i have heard that they make strange, loud noises with their tongues..gosh they must have xtra long/wriggly tongues to make all the noise that they do make :D lol..

well sis :D for sharing ur experience..... :D