Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Teyyar ilFuraat

Graphic Design Competition

:D

I want to start a graphic design competition so if you want to participate let me know (here).

My suggestions for a topic:

-Dangers of smoking,

-Iraq/Palestine/the ummah in general,

-Qur'an,

-Salah,

-Parents

-can't think of any more.

If you have any suggestions please post them.

There are no prizes by the way. :D

PropellerAds

I'm in. But you have an unfair advantage if you own some fancy graphics package. Therefore, I think all entries should be done using MS Paint.

Nah. Not much skill involved in playing around with various effects until you get one you like.

hmmm...

The participants are not restricted to using a specific package. Use whichever one you prefer.

There's not much you can do with MS Paint. :D

You could have a series of comps - one for each type of program used...

Ok Ill your ideas sound cool .. I like the smoking one... Ive been dreaming up ideas all night lolz... I just hope I can put it down on work...

I think everyone should be able to use any program they want... cause there is nothing you can do with ms paint... and not everyone has the same programs...

Im using paint shop pro 9... even though I dont know how to use anything on it :D

Allahu alam

Asalamu Alaikum

Giving one single topic limits and produces all together results which can be no good as you'll be seeing almost the same thing on each entry.

I say you give a line, a paragraph, a quote, a poem or something which covers two or three different areas. From there, the individual can then decide how they wish to portray it hence producing a better and a wider range of entries as different people will pick on a different part of the quote/line/poem to express in their graphic.

There should be one compitetion only and any program can be used. For those who don't have access to a high end design package, that's their luck. Having 2-3 different catergories for one competition solely because on different graphics have been created using different packages just sounds silly.

Oh, and asking people on what subjects they think we should base it around is not a very good idea. I suggest you just come in and set something out the blue. This makes thinking and idea time valuble and as you see here, sister Mujahada also has some ideas for a certain subject. Now, to annoy her a bit, you should pick something completely opposite. I mean come on, you want them to have fun right? So set them something they have no idea off.

Sorry to go on like that, but it's the only way I think it should be done.

Okay, boss. :D However, I disagree with you here:

Giving one single topic limits and produces all together results which can be no good as you'll be seeing almost the same thing on each entry.

We don't all think the same way. :D

Asalamu Alaikum

Ok. I say design a graphic around this word, 'smoking'. Now, if I say design a graphic around the phrase 'an alternative to a cig. is a chocolate bar'. Now, judge for yourself which will produce a much wider variety of designs.

Anyway, do as you wish. Don't let me interupt your competition.

'smoking'

You'll get a variety of designs about smoking.

'an alternative to a cig. is a chocolate bar'

All the designs you get will consist of a cig n a chocolate bar.

That's how I see it, brother. What do you think?

You're not interrupting, akhi, all ideas are welcome but at the same time, I hope you accept my point of view too.

Asalamu Alaikum

Hmm, I see. Maybe I just think different.

Well set it then, what you waiting for bro! Insha Allah I'll take part too if it tickles my fancy. :D

what about this

stop_smoking2.jpg

no i didn't draw it :D

InshAllah ill try and come up with something simple.

blaze, please don't promote any illegal activities on this forum as it could lead to a ban. :D

I've started my design and it's looking good...

blaze, please don't promote any illegal activities on this forum as it could lead to a ban. :D

I was asking for the 30 day trail, not for the complete program.

You can download a trail here (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.adobe(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/products/photoshopalbum/starter.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.adobe(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/products/photoshopalbum/starter.html[/url]

I think that's for the photoshop album. I'm not sure if it has 'deign' capabilities...

Anyway, my design is ready. Don't want to go first though hehe. Is there a deadline?

I dont think im capable of partcipating in this comptetition....there basically is none for me, even though i have photoshop i still havent fully utilised it properly.

I think that's for the photoshop album. I'm not sure if it has 'deign' capabilities...

Anyway, my design is ready. Don't want to go first though hehe. Is there a deadline?

I posted one of my designs on the 1st page.