Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swanlake

Goodbye Fellow Muslims From Summer Girl

:D my brothers and sisters,

I firstly like to ask brother dot and my other muslim mods to allow my post to remain, even though sister Swanlake has posted it for me. I would have taken the oppurnity to post it myself in the coming days but I have had my posting rights suspended (by Yank) so I have therefore asked my sister to post this for me.

As the title of my thread says, yes it is a goodbye from me. I know many people come and go from I.F but I felt that the least I could do was tell my brothers and sisters, rather then just leaving as that would be rude :D

I have been contemplating it for sometime, but I guessed now was as good time. I've been here for ages and spent so much time here and the main reason is I feel that I need to spend my time more wisely on other things. If i calculated the amount of time I spent on I.F and added it all together and used that time for something else, i'd could have read a mountain of literature (in various subjects), written pages of articles, short stories (which i do in my spare time) and anything genreally productive. Even in times, when i had assignments up to my neck to do, i'd come on here for a break from the work, only to end up spending more time then I planned (I.F is very addictive :D :D )

I proabaly could cut down my time here but even then, I dont feel like posting much on here anymore. I.F is not as good as it used to be (nothing to do you bro dot as you do a great job and so do muslims members/mods here.) I just feel that I.F is not the same and more time is spent on muslims being reactionary and forced into defensiveness by non muslims who come on this forum only to insult, mock both our fellow muslims, our deen, Allah s.w.t and our messanger (the things anger me the most). We used to have a really vibrant forum, good discussions on current affairs, Islamic and general matters and ideas between us muslims- the main reason why I spent time here and why wouldnt I as this forum contains intelligant, ambitious and devoted muslims, young, old, of both genders.

Its depressing now and our non muslim 'friends' [i say this with intended sarcasm- few exceptions like Kale and a couple of others] who come on this forum, with a supposed 'open' mind to understand Islam (or that was the supposed intention) make flagrantly vile comments, sometimes subtle and sometimes overt on our boards about our deen, support and justify the actions and bloodshed thats inflicted upon on our brothers and sisters and tend to make the recuring pop at Islam including the prophet :D (and theres a large difference from critising and being plain down right rude). Typical non muslim hyprocsy though. Just like the kaffir western leaders, on the right hand they act or appear as 'friendly' and on the left hand they're carrying bullets.

Continued....

PropellerAds

Clear examples such as the one i am mentioning (check quotes) is just a small sample from our 'I.F' friendly non muslims :

Iraq should be part of kuwait, part of syria, jordan ... etc. all the muslim countries should be one.

our bro mentions an important fundemental and aspect of Islam and thats the unity of muslims in the ummah, under one state (khalifa) with no nationalism or division (which was created by the british empire as part of their 'divide and conquer' statergy)

and what is responded with that:

Why does that sound so familier....

"All the German people should be united, one people (ein volk), one empire (ein Reich), one leader (ein fuhrer)"

--Adolf Hitler.

Part of our belief being compared to the NAZISM! The facist, muderous ideology of Adolf Hitler which he used to commit genocide towards over 6 million jews is being compared to Islam?! (highly offensive (not to mention putrid) to say the least) . Its this type of rampant attutides that flow freely on our (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]ISLAMIC FORUM[/url] and has been made acceptable. (Ironically Yank disabled my posting rights for calling Lateralus- non muslim one, an idiot for some ignorant and insentitive comment he made- not that he ever stops! and Yank our 'friendly' christain puts Nazism and Islam on par. But a moderators cant really ban themselves can they?) This is not just one, but im sure my brothers and sisters have seen many similar to that nature or worse that goes by other members.

It kills the atomsphere in the forum and coming here reading the daily ignorance and venom from people which is spreading in I.F is not worth my time or my energy. Why be somewhere which if filled with negativity and spreading those vibes onto YOU, my good brothers and sisters, who didnt join I.F to be insulted along with their deen which they value and hold to their heart.

I hope things do change but either way, my time needs to be channeled elsewhere. Inshallah i will check up on I.F, so you'll see my name floating around and i will still use the pm system to contact anyone if i need to and stay in touch with my girls :D :D

I apologise for any misgiving or grievences I caused you guys. I have said something on occasions which were uncalled for or just generally irrating for the sake of it.

I wish that all of yous, my brothers and sisters stay in peace, you and your familes inshallah and that you stay steady in your deen. :D all the duas you make come true and you remain sucessful in your lives.

Take care folks :D

Inshallah i'll be an active member again.

-Summer girl

I just feel that I.F is not the same and more time is spent on muslims being reactionary and forced into defensiveness by non muslims who come on this forum only to insult, mock both our fellow muslims, our deen, Allah s.w.t and our messanger (the things anger me the most).  (and theres a large difference from critising and being plain down right rude). Typical non muslim hyprocsy though. Just like the kaffir western leaders, on the right hand they act or appear as 'friendly' and on the left hand they're carrying bullets.

:D sister

Sad to see you go, i totaly agree with what you say that this Forum was made for Muslims to increase in knowledge and non Muslims to come and learn about the core teachings of Islam instead of getting it from CNN and Fox news, i have also notice a handful of Non Muslims who inderectly mock Islam with there venemous tounges and nothing is done about is, whereas we Muslims get warnings for little things, there intention is quite clear on this Forum, which is to cause Fitna and insult Islam, they have no intention to learn about Islam, whilst we do our best to educate them about Islam which is our Duty, but the Guidance is with Allah Azawajjal. I just wish this was a Muslim ONLY forum sometimes.

Your brother in Islam

Wassalam :D

Hope you read this

Edited by kandahari

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Yank is a Mod???????????????????? What the heck?

Sister i understand why you are leaving and may Allah(SWT) guide you to the straight path and keep you there! I pray you use your time more effectively.

Fee Amanillah,

Wa'Salam.

Salaam

Sorry to see you go sis :D

But whatever you do I hope your succesful.

Somtimes I find I need a break to do other things. Perhaps you can come back at a later date?

Salam sis

:D

I cannot help but agree with you... people should come in here to learn about Islam, with the intention of learning about it. Not condemning it. And expecting us to apologise for things that we did not do. It is very disheartening.

May Allah guide you on the straight path. Amin.

Insya Allah we will see you in here again soon.

Take good care.

Wassalam.

Assalamu'Alikum,

Yank is a Mod???????????????????? What the heck?

:D warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

Yes Yank only moderates the political section brother, thus he is a mod. If you have any queries about it then you may speak to Amu Dot.

It is sad to see you go sister Summer girl, May Allah (swt) bestow his favor upon you and your family :D

sorry to hear you're leaving sis all the best, come visit sometime innit

take care sis :D

It is sad to see you go sister Summer girl, May Allah (swt) bestow his favor upon you and your family :D

Ameen to the above duaa!

:D the time you spend elsewhere will be beneficial to you!

Do keep in touch Sister!

Political (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]Forum rules[/url] state

"non-Muslims who show hostility or insult Islam and Muslims will be banned too"

Edited by kandahari

Assalamu aliakum

Sorry to see you leave sis. It's true you can spend too much time on here.

Ameen to the duas, may you become a successful writer!

Assalamu alaykum,

I would be lying to myself if I were to deny anything you said Sis Summer Girl.

A lot of times you just have to withhold yourself from posting just because of someone else....but life is full of compromising situations.

It would be great however if you stuck around (unless your banned for good?) for the many good and knowledgable members on the forum and just avoided the ones that cause problems for you. One rotten apple doesnt ruin the whole crop does it? :D

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours, and May Allah grant you the best of both worlds. ameen.

Edited by Kaneeza

From what you've said your leave is very understandable. I was at a similar point some months ago and I felt like this place was becoming too negative. Now, inshallah, I try to stay out of political and IW debates and that helps. So if you come back maybe avoid those.

I hope Allah guides you on to bigger and better things sis :D

AS

Al Salam Alykom,,,,I would say DOT't GO....why give up the debate????

I think it should make you stronger, before you know it, everyone will leave the site, simply 'cause they gave up or not strong enough to hold on....think about it.

As Salaam Aleikum

I can see where you guys and gals feel hurt when a non-Muslim becomes a wolf in sheep's clothing and becomes rude and insulting.

I myself have experienced this, being a Hindu. They ask you questions and you think they are sincerely interested. Then they bite you by twisting your words.

Please believe me, I am not one of those.

All the Best, especially to Summer Girl

from

Devi Sarada

Ameen to dua above. May Allah (SWT) give you the best in this life and the hereafter. Ameen.

Ur posts will be missed and yes I do mean that (not just saying it for kicks)!

Take care.

FeeAmanaAllah

:D May Allah grant you and your family Jenatul-Firdaus! I am sad to read how you feel. I have to admit you are correct on what you say. I sometimes think that it is best if we did not have a political section of the forum as such politics are the bowels of acid some "vipers" use to attack us with.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Assalam-u-alikum

:D sorry to see u leave sis..i've read many of ur posts from time to time and i'm really sad to see u go.

i totally agree with everything u said.

Please all mods don't mind this but if this is an '(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic Forum[/url]' then shouldn't it be run by 'MUSLIMS"(e.g Muslim mods)

salam sis, hope Allah grants u and all of us Jannat-ul-firdos :D Inshallah

Take care

wasalaam...

Your Bro, SJ...

there are a few rules violated in this topic, and I'm afraid actions will be taken against some participating members, including the topic starter. But first, let me clear a few points here:

* this forum aims mainly to make dawah to non Muslims. there are tons of forums dedicated for dawah to Muslims, this is not one of them.

* making dawah to non Muslims is not an easy task.. it requires tolerance, and a friendly, hard to invoke character. Non Muslims can be won by showing simple feelings of gratuity and understanding. I've seen some of the most aggressive non Muslims, who finally turned from enemies into wonderful brothers and sisters in Islam.

* A real Muslim should not whatsoever resort to insulting others. The disabled sister above, not only insulted a non Muslim, but she is obviously refusing to apologize. What kind of an example this shows as a Muslimah? how can that help us in making online dawah.

* Our rules say that once you apologize, mods are committed to reversing their actions taken against you. There is no pride in Islam, and we should always apologize whenever we do or say something un-Islamic toward others.

* This forum is self healing, alhamdo l'Ellah. Our rules were carefully built. Members who feel that they cannot find tolerance in their hearts to work in the field of dawah, which is a duty on every Muslim btw, and who decide to leave, are actually helping this forum in a contineous self-filtration process, leaving only those that really have the courage to face the challenges of the road to dawah, and the quality it takes to call for Islam.