Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sutemi

The Atrocities Of Tsingis-kahn

One day I was reading the history books about Tsingis-Kahn and his actions in middle-east. I was appalled by the countless of lives he took and how he raised cities to the ground. There was this one bit that really caught my eye, however:

"The middle-east never really recovered from the atrocities of Tsingis-Kahn"

Never really recovered? Do you agree? Was the about 800 years old destruction and sacking of middle-east so massive, that muslims still carry an open wound?

Sometimes I think that if Tsingis-Kahn's son Ögödai would have succeeded in his plan to conquer all europe, how would the things be in our neighborhood nowadays?

PropellerAds

Salam alykum

Yeah ive read that too. The main damage was done to Baghdad i think. A million people slaughtered , buildings smashed , the water system ,irrigation systems destroyed.

What happened there has been compared to a nuclear attack!

Didnt the mongol-tartars become muslim after a while?

They didn't mamange to conquer Europe, thanks to (if I rememenr corectly) the Mamluk Muslims of Egypt who were the first to be able to stop the Mongols advance.

:D

The western Europeans gathered in Portugal, to make a stand against the invading force. The Mongols defeated them and before they could advance north, word was recieved of the death of Genghis Khan, so they returned eastwards.

Even so, a festival is held in Portugal to celebrate the defeat of the Mongols!

Actually they did manage to enter Eastern Europe up to Poland. We should be glad the mongols didnt conquer anymore land and get stronger. The Europeans were happy at first that the Mongols were trampling the Muslims but the old saying "enemy of my enemy" isnt always true

Edited by Tetsusaiga

The mongols favorite tactic was to to destroy the first village/city of a nation they were entering to conquer. They would burn every building and kill every living thing in the city. Then they would send word to the other cities and villages that they would suffer the same fate if they did not surrender. It was brutal but effective, most cities quickly surrendered to the mongols.

The mongols favorite tactic was to to destroy the first village/city of a nation they were entering to conquer. They would burn every building and kill every living thing in the city. Then they would send word to the other cities and villages that they would suffer the same fate if they did not surrender. It was brutal but effective, most cities quickly surrendered to the mongols.

Sounds like the Russian tactics in Chechnya.

The western Europeans gathered in Portugal, to make a stand against the invading force. The Mongols defeated them and before they could advance north, word was recieved of the death of Genghis Khan, so they returned eastwards.

Was it the death of their leader that stopped them? Were they actually defeated in battle?

salaam,

IIRC, the reason why the mongol army invaded muslim lands was because one of their ambasodors was killed when he went to Iran. Genghis was angered by this as he believed (and rightly so) that an ambassador has complete immunity from any such act.

Actually they did manage to enter Eastern Europe up to Poland.  We should be glad the mongols didnt conquer anymore land and get stronger.  The Europeans were happy at first that the Mongols were trampling the Muslims but the old saying "enemy of my enemy" isnt always true

Baloney .......please study your history :

(www.)"http://accd.edu/sac/history/keller/Mongols/states3.html"]accd.edu/sac/history/keller/Mongols/states3.html[/url]