Islamic Forum
male

Someone Is Threatening To Hack Me!

Assalam-o-alaikum my dear brothers and sisters,

Recently I added someone through msn messenger. I thought he was my friend A but it turned out out be some loser (let's call him L) who had made that same id as my friend A!

I don't know anything about this guy L (he has kept his identity a secret quite conveniently) but I do know one thing, HE IS DEMENTED!

This guy L apparently does this so he can get information about my friend A when people talk to L (thinking it is A). L wants to find out all A's secrets! And now he's threatening to do this to me too!

Yesterday, I confronted him. L admitted to me he is a hacker and he told me he can 'very easily' get my hotmail password AND get my families and friends's passwords too. Also says he can easily become 'me' and ruin my reputation telling people I'm 'gay' or something! That jerk! :D I tried to tell him it's WRONG but he wouldn't listen and told me to 'stop giving him lectures'! Well, I knew I couldn't negotiate with a mental case like him but I had to try.

What do I do to protect myself against him? I have activated Windows EP firewall but I don't want to take any chances! PLEASE HELP ME! :D

PropellerAds

AoA!

He also said not to ever block him or change my id!!! Or else he will will hack me just like he hacked into 2 of my friends' accounts. He's not lying 'cause my friends have told me about L's actions. :D That's why he knows about me even though I don't know him!

Assalamu Alaykum

Dear brother my advise to you would be to ignore this person completely, unfortunately there are some idiots who use the internet who make all kinds of hacking threats but they are all baseless and used only to scare ppl.

As long as you have firewall and a virus killer detector i really dont think you have much to worry about.

I would suggest however that your friend changes his msn id so you know when this other person comes on who it is and that its not himm immitating your friend.

hope he goes away soon inshallah

and may Allah grant him guidance to the siratal mustaqeem.

your sister in Islam

AoA!

Thank you so much for your advice, sister! Yes, I do have a firewall and I already I had installed McAfee Anti-virus but still this guy could be a professional hacker who can get past anything (look what he did to my friends!). Anyway, I hope what you're saying is right.

My friend A has already changed his id. But still 50% of the people believe that L is really A! A even tried to send emails warning ppl about L but still he won't stop!

Yes, I do pray for that Allah gives him guidance and that he realises what a grave sin he is commiting.

Jazakhallah once again.

salams brother

just a little food for thought do you really think if this guy was a professional hacker he would want to waste his time and energy with ordinary ppls computors ??? Professional hackers want a challenge like getting into the main frame server computors of million dollar companies not discovering your contacts on msn and readin your mails more advice block him lets see what he does my bet would be nothing. inshallah

AoA!

Hmmm, you might be right, sister. Maybe, I just being paranoid. :D

Has this ever happened to you or any of your close ones, sister?

salams

no mashallah it hasnt really except on the odd occasion when i have been in Islamic chat rooms and ppl come on trying to abuse Islam then when they are losing arguments they make threats of hacking but like i said alll talk.

Salams,

Jazakhallah for everything, sister! I was really worried that he might to something to me 'cause he claims, he has 100's of passwords. Don't know how he did it but maybe those ppl didn't have a firewall right?

I really hope that whatever protection I have would suffice.

:D

block him and change your msn password with a combination of numbers and letters and dont accept any files from him.

Install Zone Alarm to protect yourself..

Dont give out your IP address..

Delete/Block him off your list..

Assalam-ul-Alaikum,

[at] Mansoor Ansari:

Not where I live. :D There are no laws against computer crime in my country.

[at] slave:

Thank you. I will inshallah do all those things.

[at]doomhammer

Zone Alarm? I have heard of it. Lol, I don't even know my own IP address :D. I already have blocked/deleted that guy.

Jazakhallah for all the advice. You don't know how valuable this is to me. :D

Now, I can inshallah solve my problem and move on.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Heres my 2 cents to throw in,

To find out your IP.. just click this link (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.whatismyip(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.whatismyip(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

Your IP is a unique number, alot of websites register your IP when you go on them.

The Zone Alarm is the firewall, stopping unwarrented access etc

I noticed your blocked him, theres a chance he might create another email address for msn and try add you again. So if som1 tries add you and you dont know who it is, i would advice not to allow it. Just be carefull with emails aswell, if there is any that look suspicous.

And yip, like Slave said, its best you change your password.

Hope you dont hear from the person again and its all sorted now insha'Allah

[at]doomhammer-- Zone Alarm? I have heard of it. Lol, I don't even know my own IP address :D. I already have blocked/deleted that guy
here.. (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.zonelabs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp?lid=dbtopnav_zass"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.zonelabs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/store/content/cata...d=dbtopnav_zass[/url]

Also you can post your question in this website. It is run by Muslim programmers etc. They might be able to help you. Post in the "General" section of the forum (link below).

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.mpadc(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forumdisplay.php?f=8"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.mpadc(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forumdisplay.php?f=8[/url]

Its happened to me brother, I changed my email add first, and my MSN account then I kept chaning my password every couple of days. The hacker was unable to track me down then and I was fine. Al'hamdulilah. But I did have a hard time of it though!

Your Muslim Sis

AoA!

Thank you Rynaldo, doomhammer, AaTk and eli_chy05 for your replies. I can definitely use all of that. :D

Zone Alarm definitely did the job. Haven't heard from him since. Guess we all showed him! :D

Jazakhallah khair everyone for your kindness. :D

Brother it will be extremely difficult for the hacker to guess your password (if it contains numerics and letters). He will reach his death bed before he finds out your password. Newbie hackers use unconvetional methods to break into somebody else's account.

Make sure the hacker does not know any of your personal details like your first and last name, birthday, address, country, zip codes, etc. It is most likely the hacker knew your friend A very closely to be able to hack in so easily. Thats why its sometimes a good idea not give your original details when signing up to free services like MSN and others. For your safety please log in to your account and change all details. Make sure you remember the new details incase you need them later.

And yeah, keeping yourself protected with firewall and anti virus is necessary. Research showed it only takes a FEW SECONDS for an unprotected computer to get infected. I've tried it and its true. Before i knew it, i saw some mysterious tasks being executed in my systems tray and eating up my cpu usage.