Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
- IQRA -

Relation Between Islam And Eating Healthly

:D

hmm im not asking if your eating healthy lol...but the opposite really..

(well, ive jus got some questions)

the reason for eating healthy is mostly because people to live longer or have a better life...

but in relation to Islam...is this true?

because as our death date is written, so if we eat organic foods, products that lower cholestrol, fish, vegtables (healthy foods) etc....will this really benefit a muslim? or is it just a way of wasting money? (esp. organic food)

But from the descriptions ive read...i think our Prophet :D were not too thin or overweight -Wallhu (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/glossary/glossary_a001.html#alim"]Alim[/url]

so basically, im asking, should we buy all these expensive products,just to keep healthy -with a view to even live longer (but obviously, this is not in out hands)

However, i guess it stated in the Qur'an and Hadith,that the Qur'an is Shiffa for a believer .....but the hadiths states to eat dates, salt etc (so is this to keep us healthy?)

(my short conclusion is: we should stay healthy-in order to achieve our Islamic duties, i.e. Salaat, fast etc) does that sound right?

Sorry about my random thought- i hope u know what im on about

Edited by Crystal Eyes

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikaum

I think eat varied bu tin moderation.

How about this diet?

Fruit, veg, brown bread, dates and milk?

Does that cover all the vitamins and minerals you'd need?

Assalamu Alaikum!

Part of being a Muslim is taking good care of yourself. That's why we're asked to avoid foods that are harmful and to abstain from overeating and the like. Not eating healthy is like abusing our bodies.....surely health shouldn't be something that's taken for granted.

Assalamu Alaikum!

Part of being a Muslim is taking good care of yourself. That's why we're asked to avoid foods that are harmful and to abstain from overeating and the like. Not eating healthy is like abusing our bodies.....surely health shouldn't be something that's taken for granted.

smoking harms the body so it is considered haraam, eating fatty foods which harm the body is haraam.

is this statement correct or incorrect

correct me if iam wrong :D

Assalamu Alaikum!

Your first statement about smoking is correct, but the second not quite. You can eat fatty foods and still be healthy, but when you eat fatty foods in excess that's when it starts to negatively affect your health- I think that just goes along with overeating.

You might want a second opinion.

Edited by GLOW

I think over-eating any type of food, is undesirable, not just fatty foods!

As for eating healthy, we should do it anyway. Not because of pro-longing life.

Pre-processed foods do not contain the full benefits of fresh fruit & veg. Eating healthy to gain more strength and fitness to better worship Allah :D is better than eating 'evil' microwave foods!

I think over-eating any type of food, is undesirable, not just fatty foods!

As for eating healthy, we should do it anyway. Not because of pro-longing life.

Pre-processed foods do not contain the full benefits of fresh fruit & veg. Eating healthy to gain more strength and fitness to better worship Allah :D is better than eating 'evil' microwave foods!

yes , your right...and there's a hadiths that states, we should not over eat...as we should divide our stomach up in 3 parts..1 part -water, 1 part-food and 1 part-air...

Oh...i wanted to ask..how people manage to accomplish this? how do u knw, there's a 1/3 left empty?

Assalamu alaikaum

I think eat varied bu tin moderation.

How about this diet?

Fruit, veg, brown bread, dates and milk? 

Does that cover all the vitamins and minerals you'd need?

Where's the good fats that we need brother? :D

Your Muslim Sis

so basically, im asking, should we buy all these expensive products,just to keep healthy -with a view to even live longer (but obviously, this is not in out hands)

Eh? You can eat healthy without resorting to organic food. As was said as a Muslim you need to take care of your body. Besides a large amount of diseases come from food; the body is a whole package to be able to live in a content life you need to take care of your body or else it will give you lots of trouble and you end up in the doctors office all the time lasamaha'Allah.

True sis eli, you need a balanced diet that has fat, protein, grains, vitamins and minerals

They changed the food pyramid :D

you can

' alt='>'>

Assalamu-alaykum,

Islamically Speaking:

The Quran is not a book of medicine or of health sciences,but in it there are hints which lead to guidelines in health and diseases. Prophet Mohammed :D has set as an example to the mankind so his traditions in matters of health and personal hygienic are also a guide for his followers. we see in the following verse:

"Everything good that happens to you (O Man) is from God, everything bad that happens to you is from your own actions".

Allah loves his creations so much that he is concerned even with what we eat and put in our body. Our muscles, bones, lungs, liver, brain and secretions are made from the raw product we feed it. If we provide the factory with junk raw products, it won't will not produce tough bones, strong muscles, healthy heart , and clean vessels.

"O you mankind: Eat of what is lawful and good on earth.

2: 168

"Eat of the things which god has provided for you lawful

and good, but fear God in whom you believe". Forbidden

to us are dead meat, blood and flesh of swine (5:4) and intoxicants (5:93 and 2:219).

Edited by Kaneeza

Science so far has not confirmed any beneficial effects to the prohibitions. The blood and meat of the dead could be full of germs and other harmful elements like antibodies. The pork meat is high in cholesterol, salt and may have worms, and alcohol and other intoxicants cloud our mentation, our inhibition and interfere with our normal capacity of judging good and bad.

The second component in nutrition (after Permission of the lawful and probation of the unlawful) is the moderation in the lawful.

Obesity is a major American tragedy, a form of malnutrition, affecting million of people, of all age. 99% of obesity is due to overeating. Allah advises as to be moderate in quantity.

" But waste not by excess for God loves not the wasters."

7:31

"Eat of the good things we have provided for your sustenance, but commit no excess therein, lest my wrath should justly descend on you, and those whom descends my wrath do perish indeed."

20:81

According to one Hadith of Prophet Mohammed :D we are advised to leave one third of our stomach empty after finishing the meal. Certain types of food i.e. fruits are especially emphasized in Quran (36:57, 43:73, 16:67, 50:68)

"And the fruits of date palm and grapes you get wholesome

drink and nutrition: Behold in this is a sign for those

who are wise."

Edited by Kaneeza

Fruits are low in calorie, high in vitamins and minerals, and fiber and sugar is fructose and not sucrose. In a recent study , fructose has been shown to cause no rise in blood sugar and even lowers the high blood sugar of diabetics. Honey is fructose.

Though we do not find much in Quran about specific exercise, recommendation, the Prophet's :D life was full of recommendations. advised all Muslims to teach their children swimming, archery and horse riding. He, himself used to walk at fast pace even race with his wife, Ayesha (Ra). Most importantly, he used to work with his hands whether at home, in the kitchen, or with his companions collecting wood for fire, or fighting during wars etc.

It is a pity that Muslim men and women have become sedentary and, because of excessive consumption of starches, obesity has crept into them.

Edited by Kaneeza