Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
female

Can’t Think Straight

I know its Haram to cut off family ties and so on, but what if someone has hurt you beyond recognition? I still cant believe it, even though its been a few weeks since I have found out :D this is my own flesh and blood, I have cared for this person so much, been there for them when no one else in the world was, and in the end am repaid like this :D I don’t know what to do, I am shocked, angry, I feel betrayed. I want to hurt this person for what they have done, but I know I won’t get anything out of that, and the only option is to leave it to Allah. I don’t want see this person anymore, let alone have anything to do with them, are there any circumstances where one could cut off family ties?

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaykum

Dear sister it is difficult to give advice when you dont know both sides and the whole story. However as you already know it is forbidden to cut off family ties under any circumstanses.

I suggest you give it a few days till you calm down and then approach this person and ask them why they did what they did maybe there was a reason explain to them how you are feeling maybe they will be sorry and make it up to you maybe they didnt know what they had done or it had been by mistake make duaa for them and for yourself that alah sorts out this problem and lessens your sad feelings.

Im sure if you can sit and talk about how you feel with this person it will all be amicably resolved.

and Allah knows best.

your sister in Islam

:D

There's no such thing as someone hurting you beyond recognition, nothing happens to you that you cant handle, logically it doesnt make sense...events cannot occur if the capacity of the reciever cannot carry it, and Islamically, we believe Allah is the most just, so take it how you want to see it, i believe you are blowing it out of proportion, the main problem isnt what the person did to you, its how your taking it.

Sister, sometimes we are so hurt by what others have done and it seems that this pain will never go away but it does.

Forgiveness is a great thing to be able to give. Sometimes it's hard, but eventually your heart will cleanse itself. Don't cut your family ties because it's a forbidden thing to do and surely Allah is testing you.

I always remember the story of the martydom of Hamza r.a.

When Hind went to take her shahada with the RasulAllah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã , he remembered what she had done, but here she was repenting and wanting to accept Islam. He had to accept her shahada. He did so but he could not look at her. He couldn't forget the terrible death of his uncle, but he forgave her for it.

Pass your test sister (inshaAllah) and be forgiving and patient, it will make you a better person in your deen and also it will make your heart calmer.

Edited by Al Faqeer

JazakAllah kheir for your edit Al Faqeer, I forgot to put blessings upon the RasulAllah (SAWS)

Thank you Allah Hafiznah.

aoa

i hope Allah (swt) gives you sabr, and yes it is true that we are not given more burden than we can carry, but to man there are times when he feels that the burden is too much to carry, Allah (swt0 knows your capacity better than you do yourself, but i understand sister, when someone you have been truely good to, cared for, prayed for, loved whatever you have done for them, it does hurt when you find out they have not been the person you thought they were, what makes it worse is when it is your 'own' because you do not expect this from your 'own'...and time can be a healer, as you have time to grow as a person, learn more about yourself, others around you and you gain more knowledge of your deen and Allah (swt), you have time to reflect over things and one day you will see that Allah (swt) will not let you down, he will give you sabr and you will overcome this pain one day, and also remember the good that you have done for that person, it is not important for that person to remember all the good YOU did for them (yes they should have valued you but they didnt), whats important and should be comforting for you to know is that the Almighty is the one who will not forget the good that you have done for that person. This never goes amiss and inshallah Allah will reward you, he is the most kind, most merciful, most forgiving. i would suggest staying away from this person for a while, and when they approach you do tell them how you feel. i hope things go well for you.

ws

I always remember the story of the martydom of Hamza r.a.

When Hind went to take her shahada with the RasulAllah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã , he remembered what she had done, but here she was repenting and wanting to accept Islam. He had to accept her shahada. He did so but he could not look at her. He couldn't forget the terrible death of his uncle, but he forgave her for it.

actually she was on the list of ten the prophet :D had composed on who shall be killed on sight along with ikrimah bin abi jahl and others she begged the prophet to forgive her and accept her reversion and he did so being VERY generous since she had ordered the death of the lion of Allah :D and mutilated the bodies at Uhud by chopping of the limbs and making necklaces of them. also shed ate the raw liver of hamza.

Edited by the chosen 1