Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Allah (swt)'s Singularity In The Quran

:D

Some ayats of the Quran really stick out.

I have in mind especially the ones where Allah (SWT) speaks in the first person.. makes me :D and so scared :D..

[86:15] As for them, they are but plotting a scheme.

[86:16] And I am planning A scheme.

[51:56] I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me

:D I know there are more ayats similar to this, plz share your comments and the additional ayats..

PropellerAds

[3:195] And their Lord hath accepted of them, and answered them: "Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female: Ye are members, one of another: Those who have left their homes, or been driven out therefrom, or suffered harm in My Cause, or fought or been slain,- verily, I will blot out from them their iniquities, and admit them into Gardens with rivers flowing beneath;- A reward from the presence of Allah, and from His presence is the best of rewards."

O My servants who believe! surely My earth is vast, therefore Me alone should you serve.

[(www.)"http://%27glossary/glossary_s001.html#surah%27"]Surah[/url] Ankaboot / (www.)"http://%27glossary/glossary_a003.html#ayah%27"]Ayah[/url] 56]

Every soul must taste of death, then to Us you shall be brought back.

[surah Ankaboot / Ayah 57] (in mm_ca04's sign)

Edited by Ibn_Khaldun

I always was confused by the "We" in the QUran translation, but I learned about it now.

To me, the ones that hit home are the ones that talk about the day of judgement and death, and how people regret. Oh and also when Allah mentions his favors to us.

Here my favorite kind of Ayah (reactions of people during Day of Judgement/Last Day):

80:34 That Day shall a man flee from his own brother,

80:35 And from his mother and his father,

80:36 And from his wife and his children

Especially in Arabic this makes me so emotional.

:D :D..

The Holy Quran is full of guidance and warnings of the last day and hour is surely coming. In many ayats Allah SA tells us that we should be afraid of HIM and not people.

Quran (5:44) It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear me, and sell not my signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.

Quran (33:37) Behold! Thou didst say to one who had received the grace of Allah and thy favour: "Retain thou (in wedlock) thy wife, and fear Allah." But thou didst hide in thy heart that which Allah was about to make manifest: thou didst fear the people, but it is more fitting that thou shouldst fear Allah. Then when Zaid had dissolved (his marriage) with her, with the necessary (formality), We joined her in marriage to thee: in order that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the Believers in (the matter of) marriage with the wives of their adopted sons, when the latter have dissolved with the necessary (formality) (their marriage) with them. And Allah's command must be fulfilled.

2:152

Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith.

:D :D :D

there are some versus that make my hair stand!

"Many are the Jinns and men we have made for Hell: They have hearts wherewith they understand not, eyes wherewith they see not, and ears wherewith they hear not. They are like cattle,- nay more misguided: for they are heedless (of warning)." 7:179

w/salaam

Also...

"Those who reject Our signs, We shall gradually visit with punishment, in ways they perceive not;

Respite will I grant unto them: for My scheme is strong (and unfailing)." (7:183)

w/salaam

I always was confused by the "We" in the QUran translation, but I learned about it now.

To me, the ones that hit home are the ones that talk about the day of judgement and death, and how people regret. Oh and also when Allah mentions his favors to us.

Here my favorite kind of Ayah (reactions of people during Day of Judgement/Last Day):

80:34 That Day shall a man flee from his own brother,

80:35 And from his mother and his father,

80:36 And from his wife and his children

Especially in Arabic this makes me so emotional.

Oh completely, Surat Abasa is just so poignant. Following on from Br Sallahudeen's post I find the final ayahs of the surah also really moving.

Some faces that Day, will be bright (true believers of Islamic Monotheism).

Laughing, rejoicing at good news (of Paradise).

And other faces, that Day, will be dust-stained;

Darkness will cover them,

Such will be the Kafarah (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, and in His Messenger Muhammad (Peace be upon him), etc.), the Fajarah (wicked evil doers).

May we be included amongst those who rejoice, ameen.

Edited by emel

The first instance in the Quran of Allah referring to His own speech is in Sura Al Baqarah, ayats 30-39...

Quran[/url] ]

YUSUFALI: Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

YUSUFALI: And He taught Adam the names of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the names of these if ye are right."

YUSUFALI: They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."

YUSUFALI: He said: "O Adam! Tell them their names." When he had told them, Allah said: "Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal?"

YUSUFALI: And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.

YUSUFALI: We said: "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden; and eat of the bountiful things therein as (where and when) ye will; but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression."

YUSUFALI: Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time."

YUSUFALI: Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

YUSUFALI: We said: "Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

YUSUFALI: "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."

Subhan'Allah. That is the first instance in the Quran of Allah revealing what He said :D

AS

So where else in the Holy Quran does Allah subhanahuwatalla talk about Himself as I or Me ??

Surah 112. The Unity, Sincerity, Oneness Of Allah

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like unto Him.

Surah 5. The Table, The Table Spread

"And behold! I inspired the disciples to have faith in Me and Mine Messenger. they said, 'We have faith, and do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as Muslims'".

Come on everyone lets keep this beautiful topic alive :D

:sl:

Come on everyone post here!

Surah Al Muddaththir, # 11: Leave Me Alone to deal with whom I created Alone.

Zar nee Wa mun Kha Lakh tu Wa hee da

Surah Al Muddaththir, # 26: I will cast him into Hell fire.

Sa us le hee Sa Qa Ra

Assalamu alaikum,

Surah AlHijr (StoneLand)

28. Behold! thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man, from sounding clay from mud moulded into shape;

29. "When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."