Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
honey eyes

Favorite Quotes

PropellerAds

:D

I like this part of a quote I think its fairly accurate and it reminds me that to make a change you dont have to be part of the majority.

"At all times sincere friends of freedom have been rare, and its triumphs have been due to minorities " Acton

Assalamu Alaikum , I had put this quote on another thread, but don't remember which one it is, so hopefully it's okay to add it again.

"ANY FOOL KNOWS HOW MANY SEEDS THER ARE IN AN APPLE, BUT ONLY Allah KNOW HOW MANY APPLES WILL COME FROM ONE SEED."

Wassalamu Alaikum.

Alsalam Alykom, I have a few.

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are"

"A religious awakening which does not awaken the sleeper to love has roused him in vain"

"If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity"

"False history gets made all day, any day,the truth of the new is never on the news"

"You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy"

Assalamu Alaikum!

i think it goes something like.........

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle",

its a recurrent quote from our school agendas-it's always been one of my favorites.

Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

--T. Jefferson,

I think this is one reason why I am very curoious and ask many questions, many stupid, but nonetheless :D

Eye for an eye makes the world blind ---paraphrased (M. Gandhi)

Edited by curiousbud

Al Salam Alykom, just felt like sharing this.

OneLove

"Three passions I have in my life:

The longings for love, the search for knowledge,

And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind]

You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are

Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.

To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved

When an arguer argues dispassionately he thinks only of the argument.

People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes

Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it

"Do-so" is more important than "say-so."

It is the tragedy of the world that no one knows what he doesn't know — and the less a man knows, the more sure he is that he knows everything

To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it, requires brains

An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity

We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err

We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts

Part II

Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time

Lying is done with words and also with silence

Falsehood is easy, truth is so difficult

When in doubt, tell the truth

It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Great minds talk about ideas; average minds talk about events, poor minds talk about people

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it

You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love

Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.

Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace

Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married

The first duty of love is to listen

A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love

Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own

"Your body needs to be held and to hold, to be touched and to touch. None of these needs is to be despised, denied, or repressed. But you have to keep searching for your body's deeper need, the need for genuine love. Every time you are able to go beyond the body's superficial desires for love, you are bringing your body home and moving toward integration and unity"

And last but not least………..

We should be careful and discriminating in all the advice we give. We should be especially careful in giving advice that we would not think of following ourselves. Most of all, we ought to avoid giving counsel which we don't follow when it damages those who take us at our word

*Topics Merged*

Jazakallah khair for sharing. :D

*Topics Merged*

Jazakallah khair for sharing. :D

thanks for keeping up with this, it's better this way.

Jazakum Allah Khair

"Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Assalamaualikum,

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you'll get." - Tom Hanks as Forest Gump..

Salaams,

From the top of my head.......... :D

"I will not serve Allah like a labourer, in expectation of my wages"

I have no idea who said this though

What we do in life, echoes an eternity - Gladiator

Ay, fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while.

And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade

all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come

back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll

never take our freedom. - Braveheart

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Attributed to Voltaire.

Edited by Hipster

Assalamu Alaikum, Hee is somthing i read today and wanted to share:

Wassalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Realize the Value of Time.....

To realize the value of one month: Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

To realize the value of one week: Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize the value of one hour: Ask those who are in love who are waiting to meet.

To realize the value of one minute: Ask the person who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize the value of one second: Ask a person who has survived an accident.

To realize the value of one millisecond: Ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.

Time waits for no one.

By the declining day, Verily Man is in loss, Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance. (QURAN: Surah 103)

Source: Cyberquotations

Courtesy: www.everymuslim.com