Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ladoo_Bhai

The Destruction Of Mecca...

salaam,

Read the article here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article304029.ece"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.independent.co.uk/world/middle...ticle304029.ece[/url]

The Gulf Institute, an independent news-gathering group, has publicised what it says is a fatwa, issued by the senior Saudi council of religious scholars in 1994, stating that preserving historical sites "could lead to polytheism and idolatry".

Apparently, Saudi hardliners are, one by one, destroying any site of historical significance in makkah under the pretence that the preservation of holy sites will lead to polytheism.

What I find incredible is that the people in charge of our holy sites are pretty much givena free hand to do what they want. Its sickening. If historical Islamic sites were being destryed in Jerusalem or India - we would be furious. The same should apply here. The saudi kings and their chums should NOT be the custodians for our holy sites. Makkah and Madinah should be seperate entities, disengaged from the corrupt kingdom of saudi arabia.

Thoughts?

PropellerAds

It's sad, innit. :D

They demolished most of the Islamic landmarks there. I don't get why, though. :D They might think it's "bid'ah" to leave them? :D

I don't understand how anyone can destroy Islam's historic sites. :D

Assalamu-alaykum,

My thoughts:

Alhamdulillah the Kings are the Custodians becasue they have the financial capability to expand and customize the haramain to the entire muslim ummah's needs.

Tell me who else could do such an enormous job? would it be fair to leave such a task up to the people of Saudi Arabia? with different ideas from many different people, it might be chaotic, especially at a time when the muslim ummah is far from united.

How do you find this sickening? have you seen the tremendous amount of good and benefit that they have done?

who exactly do you think can do a better job of keeping makkah and madinah in the spectacular state that they are in?

As for knocking down historical sights, most of the time hotels to house the ever-increasing number of Hujjaj takes their place.

They are not serving any purpose anyhow, there is no reward or benefit or purpose in keeping such places when better things could be done on that land.

Right now, King Abdullah has already started construction on the Haram in Makkah. It will be expanded way out towards the side of the Dar-al-Tawheed Intercontinental Hotel. Also, the tiles of the floor are being changed, since the old ones are chipped and stained....

I dont see this as destruction, rather as an unselfish goal of expansion for the needs of Pilgrims and Saudi Citizens alike.

Edited by Kaneeza

It will be expanded way out towards the side of the Dar-al-Tawheed Intercontinental Hotel. Also, the tiles of the floor are being changed, since the old ones are chipped and stained....

Wow, cool.

Another thing I didn't like was when they removed that underground zamzam thing. It was too cool, man.

assalamu alaykum,

It was cool Bro, but people were throwing things in the well (coins, lanterns, charms, etc) believing it would bring them good luck. The removal also expanded the Tawaf area to accomodate more people.

Assalamu-alaykum,

" Ali al-Ahmed, the head of the organisation, formerly known as the Saudi Institute, said: "The destruction of Islamic landmarks in Hijaz is the largest in history, and worse than the desecration of the Koran."

^This is tantamount to blasphemy!

Yeah, I remember. People tried to pray there thinking they get more reward but the guys there are not what you can call "lenient". :D They are quite nasty, infact. :D

Okay, what was the point of demolishing the khandaq (the trench - ghazwat al khandaq)?? It's a great historic site that reminds us of a great battle. Why remove it? :D

The point I was trying to make was that had this occured in a non muslim land, carried out by non muslims - we would have been up in arms, and rightly so. But, as usual, we ignore the wrongdoings of our own. Please explain to me the neccesity of demolishing sites which, undoubtedly, bring many closer to Islam?

I see no reason why the muslims cant organise themselves enough to turn makkah/madinah into Islamic city states along the lines of Vatican city.

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Akhie why is it a wrongdoing?

Where in the sunna and Wuran does it say its wrong?

All we need is the Quran and Sunna Akhie.

Wa'Salam.

The point I was trying to make was that had this occured in a non muslim land, carried out by non muslims - we would have been up in arms, and rightly so. But, as usual, we ignore the wrongdoings of our own. Please explain to me the neccesity of demolishing sites which, undoubtedly, bring many closer to Islam?

Salaam

I have to agree, the heritage lost will be priceless. . .. . .

undercover,

It may not specifically say that it is 'wrong', but im sure that most muslims would prefer the sites to stay as they are, as a reminder of the past, to help us understand our history a little better. Under the same pretence, we should destroy anything in the world even remotley related to Islamic history.

What annoys me about the present system is that the custodians have a free hand to implement, destroy, marginalise anything they please in the holy land.

ws

Edited by Ladoo_Bhai

Assalamu-alaykum,

The difference between a non-muslim land and Saudi Arabia is the establishment of Tawheed. In a non-muslim lands all kinds of kufr and shirk are permissible. In the land of Islam, all things are done to avoid such occurences.

Please do explain how these historic (and not holy) sites would bring us closer to Allah.

Why would you want to copy the system of the ROMAN CATHOLICS?? They are involved in idolatry, exactly by making shrines of what shouldnt be.

asalamu alaikum

It is very unfortunate actually, you hear about these sites in stories and biographies and you long to see them and relive what happened there. Nevertheless, the actions of people led to this, they basically seek blessings from things and objects, something they shouldn't do. I am sure they thought of other ways of preventing the shirk people committed, but they saw it best to destroy such sites.