Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
seven

Plymouth & Somerset & Goldsmiths

Asalamu Alaikum

Anyone ever been to or know about these three places? PCAD, SCAD, and GC (UoL)?

PropellerAds

:D

I've been researching Goldsmiths seems pretty good :D

Although, that does of course depend, on which course you do!

they are very prompt in delivering their prospectus, use their website to order one! Unlike some other universities, they include booklets on specific subjects which have valuable info!

I don't know anything about unis outside London, so i can't help with Somerset or Plymouth unfortunately!

Asalamu Alaikum

Heck!

Well would you happen to know what Goldsmiths art & design area is like?

Thing is, ask any non-Muslim, all they'll tell you is about night life and other stuff related. Not much help there, as I want to make sure that my Imaan can be kept safe during uni years.

If Goldsmiths is in London, what's the area like around it? Student wise?

Thanks for helping once again sister.

If applying to Goldsmiths would this be your chosen degree option?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/study-options/undergraduate/BA-Design.php"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/study-options/...e/BA-Design.php[/url]

Here is a map showing whereabouts it is in London-

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/find-us/london-map.php"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/find-us/london-map.php[/url]

As for the area, I don’t know it too well, :D someone else can enlighten us!

A major problem now for Muslim, is finding out if Unis are good; ideally you need to find a Muslim who attends the uni, to get an insight into their first-hand experience!

Click here to order a prospectus:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/request-prospectus.php"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/request-prospectus.php[/url]

Goldsmiths is ranked 17th for Art and design!

Plymouth is 30th.

KIA is 85th

Surrey is 46

Manchester 26th

And I can’t see Somerset on the list at all!!

:D this helps

If Goldsmiths is in London, what's the area like around it? Student wise?

With regards to student life, i cannot really comment! What you need is to find a Muslim who stayed away at a uni, and question them about how they cope!!!

When researching unis. you need to spend a lot of time researching, gathering a much info as you can! If posible visiting your 6 chosen unis before you apply, as visiting a campus, can affect which unis you choose. If it doesn't 'feel' rght, it may not be for you!

As someone commented previously elsewhere, SPEAK TO CURRENT STUDENTS! thats the only way you're going to find out the reality!