Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bengali Boxer

700 Jews In Jerusalem

PropellerAds
Assalam Walaykum

Brother, I heard that prophet Muhammad killed 700 jews in Medinah. Is this true and if it is, then why?

:D

One of the statements the Anti-Islamic movements make is that the Prophet Muhammad :D had massacred many Jews.

I think you are refering to the battle of Khaybar (I think thats the correct name of it).

There is a misconception behind this. Firstly the first constitution of Madinah, when written had stated that Muslims, Jews and even Pagans had equal roles when it came to defending one another. Secondly after the betrayal of Jews later on (the Battle of the Trench etc) from what we know of history, eventually the Prophet Muhammad :D fought back against Khaybar, a Jewish "kingdom" in Arabia and the chief of the traitors who resided in the castle (this was a tribe of the Jews of Madinah from my understanding).

Eventually when the Jewish tribe was defeated and the castle sacked the Prophet :D did not order the destruction of the tribe till a Jewish rabbi, who consulted the Prophet :D that in the Jewish religion any form of betrayal would constitute the destruction of the tribe, therefore as part of, I believe what we call Religious Tribunals, the Prophet :D therefore had to agree to the terms to allow the destruction of the Tribe, amongst them who were guilty that is. Meaning he had no choice.

I hope I have answered the question correctly and have helped you make of an understanding of this, Insh'Allah.

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

:D

One of the statements the Anti-Islamic movements make is that the Prophet Muhammad :D had massacred many Jews.

I think you are refering to the battle of Khaybar (I think thats the correct name of it).

There is a misconception behind this. Firstly the first constitution of Madinah, when written had stated that Muslims, Jews and even Pagans had equal roles when it came to defending one another. Secondly after the betrayal of Jews later on (the Battle of the Trench etc) from what we know of history, eventually the Prophet Muhammad :D fought back against Khaybar, a Jewish "kingdom" in Arabia and the chief of the traitors who resided in the castle (this was a tribe of the Jews of Madinah from my understanding).

Eventually when the Jewish tribe was defeated and the castle sacked the Prophet :D did not order the destruction of the tribe till a Jewish rabbi, who consulted the Prophet :D that in the Jewish religion any form of betrayal would constitute the destruction of the tribe, therefore as part of, I believe what we call Religious Tribunals, the Prophet :D therefore had to agree to the terms to allow the destruction of the Tribe, amongst them who were guilty that is. Meaning he had no choice.

I hope I have answered the question correctly and have helped you make of an understanding of this, Insh'Allah.

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

Salaam,

Brother please take care in not using :D for the Prophet Muhammad. :D is for Allah alone. Rather use :D for our beloved Messengers. I'm sure you know this and this is just a mistake. But I hope you don't continue making this mistake as this isn't the first time I've had to address this with you.

Peace