Islamic Forum
Farouk1986

Lying To Deceive The Enemy

Asslamu alaykum

when is lying allowed to deceive the enemy? I know the prophet (S) allowed someone to say he didn't believe in Allah so that he will not be killed (or tortured- not too sure). so thisthe only case when tht deception is allowed/

ma'assalam

PropellerAds

:D

I guess in cases like that, and anytime in war.

"Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution (prevention), that ye may Guard yourselves from them (prevent them from harming you.) But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah." Surah 3: 28

According to this verse a Muslim can pretend to befriend infidels (in violation of the teachings of Islam) and display adherence with their unbelief to prevent them from harming him.

(hmm I didnt know that was allowed, I always thought that it must be haram...)

---

And I know this wasnt what your question was about but for anyone who doesnt know:

There are some instances in which Islam permits lying, if that serves a greater purpose or wards off a greater harm:

These cases include the following:

1- When a person is intermediating in order to bring about reconciliation between two disputing parties.

2- When a man speaks to his wife, or a wife to her husband, concerning matters that will increase the love between them.

3- War.

It was narrated from Umm Kulthoom bint ‘Uqbah that she heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “He is not a liar who brings about reconciliation among people, conveys good words and says good things.â€

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2546; Muslim, 2605

It was narrated that Asma’ bint Yazeed said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Lies are not appropriate except in three cases: when a man speaks to his wife to please her, telling lies at times of war, and lying in order to bring about reconciliation between people.â€

Assalamu alaykum

Thanks for the reply sis, thought no one would ever reply.Right let me be more specific, should muslims lie in order not to wrongfully get in trouble with Kafirs or for fear the kafirs would harm him or wrongfully accuse him of something they did not do, especially at this time we're in.

jazakallah bikhair

ma'assalam