Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Samee

The Story Of Umar

:D

I hope you guys enjoy this story of Umar (radiallahu Anhu), especially since I had to copy it out of a book :D

One night the Holy Prohet :D raised his hands in prayer and said: " O Allah! Strengthen Islam through Umar ibn Al-Khattab!"

The next day Umar set out from his house with his sword in hand. His intention was to kill the Prophet. He was in a fit of anger and was fretting and fuming. Nu'yam, a friend of Umar met him accidentally half way. He proclaimed: "O Umar! What is wrong? Where are you going with that blade?" Umar replied that he was going to destroy Muhammad.

"By God Umar, your soul has deceived you. Do you think Abd Manaf would let you walk on this earth if you slayed Muhammad? Why don't you take care of your family first?" Umar replied: "Which? (of the folk of his house) Nu'yam said: "Your brother in law and cousin, Sa'id b. Zayd and your sister Fatimah, for by Allah they have chosen to embrace Islam!"

Edited by Samiullah

PropellerAds

Umar, in a HUGE fit of rage, ran to the house of his sister. As he drew near, he heard the voice of Khubabb b. Arattm who was reading the Qu'ranic chapter Ta'Ha. Khubbab, hearing the noise, retired quickly to a closet. Fatimah took hold of the parchment leaf and hid it under her knee. Umar walked in, and boomed "WHAT WAS THAT I JUST HEARD RIGHT NOW?" Nay, you heard nothing! bursted Fatimah and his cousin in unison.

"I fear that you have become the followers of Muhammad." With that, he plunged towards his cousin, but Fatimah got in the way. He then punched her right in her face with all his might. His sister started bleeding profusely. Fatimah couldn't hide it anymore. She cried: "YES, we are muslims!"

Now of course, Umar's heart wasn't evil. If that was the case, he couldn't have become the third best human to ever live. On seeing his sister's face, his heart immediately softened to no end. He said in a low, almost sobbing voice: "Lemme see the parchment so I can read what Muhammad has brought..."

Fatimah looked at the floor and said "I feel scared to trust you with it." Umar sweared by God he would give it back. Fatimah then said "You must at least wash your hands, O my brother!" Umar washed his hands and read the opening versus of Ta'Ha:"

Ta'Ha!

We have not revealed unto you this Qu'ran so that you should be distressed, but as a reminder for him who fears; a revelation from Him who created the earth and the heavens, the beneficient one who rose over the throne! Unto Him Belongs the heavens, the earth, the soil and everything in between!

Umar was so entranced into its rhythm, charm and appeal that he said aloud "How excellent it is! How graceful!" And when Khubabb heard that, he came out of the closet and said "O Umar! It was only yesterday that I heard the Prophet pray to Allah to guide you! Umar said: "Direct me to him, O Khubabb!"

When he got to the apartment of Muhammad, he knocked loudly. His sword was still sheathed beneath his arm. One of the companions looked through a hole and exclaimed: "It is Umar, with his sword!" Hamzah, a friend of Muhammad :D said

"Let him in. As a friend he is welcome. As a foe he will have his head cut off with his own sword." The door was opened and in came Khubabb with Umar. Umar ran towards the Prophet and said: "O Muhammad! I have come to believe in Allah and his messenger and that which he has brought from his Lord!"

Filled with extreme delight, Muhammad cried aloud: "Allah-hu-Akbar!

Source:

"The Life of Muhammad"

By: Abdul Hameed Siddiqui

Edited by Arwa

wonderful story, mashallah. :D

:D brother.

Fe Dunya wal Akhirah my dear brothers and sisters.

Jazakallah for the story.Omar converted in an astounding way.Mashallah

I remember this story and it was actually one of the first I read before accepting my Islam ..... Great reminder!

As I recall, the dua that the profit said was: "Allahum, enforce Islam with the most loved by you of the two Omars, Omar bin Al Khattab or Amr bin Hisham".

Amr bin Hisham was known as "Aba Al Hakam" (the father of wisdom). Hamza, the Prophet's uncle was the first to call him "Abu Jahl" (the father of ignorance). and after that all muslims called him that.

Just a small addition, hope you dont mind.

Asslamu Alaikum

Thank you for sharing brother.

Elahmdulilah.

asalamu wakuaim wa-rahmtuh-allahi-wa-baraktuh :D

I hope you are all in best of health and Iman :D

jazallah khair for saring that :D