Islamic Forum
ziggy99

Banana Cake

Now this is quite dense cake...like it's not 'fluffy' like most spongecakes etc but that's what makes it quite satisfying in small quanities!

J's Banana Cake

Ingrediants

125g butter, softened

3/4 cup sugar (note, i'm going to abbrev cups to "C")

2 eggs

2 cups mashed ripe bananas

1 teaspoon baking soda (note, i'm going to abbrev teaspoon to "t")

2 tablespoon hot milk (note, i'm going to abbrev tablespoon to "T")

2 cups plain flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

icing sugar or an icing you make :D (Anyone know how to make lemon icing? That tastes wonderfully tangy with this cake))

Instructions

*remember to preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius before beginning :D

*cream butter and add sugar until light and fluffy.

*add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

*add mashed banana and mix thoroughly.

*stir soda into hot milk and add to creamed mixture.

*sift flour and baking powder.

*fold into mixture.

*turn into greased and lined 20cm round cake tin.

*bake at 180 degrees celsius for 50 mins or until cake springs back when lightly touched.

*leave in tin for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack.

*when cold, dust with icing sugar or ice with icing :P

By the way: J is the initial for the friend who taught me this recipie while momma was overseas...and thought she'd be quite embarassed if i publicised her unique name! :P

PropellerAds

:D

In my family we make this cake with bananas, pineapples, and I don't remember what else. I don't know if my maternal grandfather (may Allah forgive him) made it up (He used to fix recipes, and create his own. He was like a professional chef.) Anyways, it's named Dr. Bird's Cake or something like that. It's really good, except I don't exactly remember how to make it. I'll have to ask my mother. :D

Khair, by hot milk do you mean warmed or boiled? I haven't made any cakes with milk before. If you have the lemon icing recipe, please share it. We only know how to make carrot cake icing. Is it similar?

:D

In my family we make this cake with bananas, pineapples, and I don't remember what else. I don't know if my maternal grandfather (may Allah forgive him) made it up (He used to fix recipes, and create his own. He was like a professional chef.) Anyways, it's named Dr. Bird's Cake or something like that. It's really good, except I don't exactly remember how to make it. I'll have to ask my mother.  :P

Khair, by hot milk do you mean warmed or boiled? I haven't made any cakes with milk before. If you have the lemon icing recipe, please share it. We only know how to make carrot cake icing. Is it similar?

Warmed milk..not hot lol or ull have killed the milk! No i donno the lemon icing..i was hopin somebody else coudl help me with that! Ooo do post up that Dr Bird's cake ((w00t) at the name!) if u can...:D