* Thandaa aadmi!

Are you nuts?

* Kya aap akhrot hain?

Son of a gun.

* Bachcha bandook ka.

How do you do?

* Kaise karte ho?

----

Now to deal with forum ethics, posting in another langauge is a trouble if people involuntarily see it, seeing as how a good number of the forum is pakistani i thought i would post this, if people click on this, despite the warning i have placed on the topic title and description, misunderstanding is due to their own fault for clicking it, thank you mods and have a nice day :D

Hope all you desi folk enjoyed that.

PropellerAds

:D

Isn't akhrot an apricot?

As for Urdu phrases, "Aghar moch nahi, to koch nahi" has to be the funniest.

Undeniably Pakistani!

hehe..they were funny...

i just heard one..and thought it was very good..

[err i think its a panjabi word-not sure actually]....but

dare hai, andhare nahin... wait, not darkness...

meaning...in Allah swt blessings, there is a waiting period not a darkness period.

if u get what i mean

Asalaamo aleykum,

LOL, they were really funny !!

My husband does those things with Dutch language really....and so many Pakistani's I hear around here (Holland) who say " Close the tv!" instead of " turn the tv off!" :D

waleykum assalaam,

LOL espescially at "Thanda Aadmi"...hahaha...

BTW "Akhrot" means "Walnut"

Whats funny is how wierd it the translations sound in Urdu.

Asalamu Alaikum

Umm ok.

I guess every language is the same. Wouldn't something like in Urdu being translated into English be "dumb" too? Which means that Urdu is also a dumb language aswell. Right?

Like who would say 'water bring'? :D

Translating from urdu into english

- Cigarette piyo

* Drink cigarette

But to be honest, the phrases in english also doesnt make sense. When one says to other, have a nice weekend, or have a nice day...what does it really mean. Was the person going to have a bad weekend, but because we told him to have a nice weekend, he will cancel his plans for the bad weekend and instead have a nice one. Weird. Its not in anyones control how to have it in the first place. Everyone would like to have it nice. Especially, have a nice holiday. Everyone takes holidays to enjoy, then why do we say have a nice holiday...of course they will want to have a nice holiday. They didnt plan to take holiday and spend it being miserable. Sometimes it seems like an order...have a nice holiday.

Once there was a film made in the west called "Harry Potter". The east (especially Pakistan) didnt want to be left behind, and quickly made a eastern version of it. When the time came to give the movie a name, they didnt have any difficulty. They called it...."Harry Puttar".

A dumb joke by me...

Br Atak...my brother either says "Harry Puttar" or "Haaris Patel" LOL

BTW...english does have some really wierd sayings...like how a driveway id where you park, and a parkway is where you drive...

they were really funny... liked them!

brother Aatk... did u make up that joke? harry putter! :D

could i please post something?? its mega funny!!! i cant stop laughing after reading it.... but its difficult to translate it the exact way in english, it wont be as funny then.... :D so mods.... :D plz!!!!

Sunsaan sarak k sookhay hoi peepal Ki Tuti Hui Tehnee k Murjhaye Hue Pattay Pay Baithay Hue bhoot Kay Pair Say Nikaltay Hue Khoon Kay Beemar Bacteria............HOW R U??????

:D :D

Haaris Patel is funny...I guess this film was made in India especially with Gujarati cast in it. :D

That is a funny way to ask how are u and I think it degrades the other person with a very intellectual comment...the other person will be waiting that where this comment is going...and in the end, he gets a shock, that the comment is about him. :D

I cannot take the royalities for the above joke...I thought about it, but then I heard about it on sunrise radio later on, and now sister says that his brother also thought about it. So you can see that many people's brain is working on the same frequency. :D

Interesting comment about driveway and parkway. I guess when they figured out these two words, they got very excited about it, and in the excitement they jumbled the word and their meaning.

Sunsaan sarak k sookhay hoi peepal Ki Tuti Hui Tehnee k Murjhaye Hue Pattay Pay Baithay Hue bhoot Kay Pair Say Nikaltay Hue Khoon Kay Beemar Bacteria............HOW R U??????
:D :D :D

now try translating tht in English :D

:D wrwb

this thread is funny. here's a joke:

a punjabi guy was in the bathroom singing 'there was a cold day'. another punjabi guy then bangs open the door. why? because he thought he was singing 'open the door'

i find that quite hard to understand, can you rewirte it in urdu? some of the words seem strange. Sunsaan sarak? peepal? Ki Tuti Hui ?

this thread is funny.  here's a joke: 

a punjabi guy was in the bathroom singing 'there was a cold day'.  another punjabi guy then bangs open the door.  why? because he thought he was singing 'open the door'

That was funny. I didnt understand it right away. Then I figured out that "there was a" sounds like "darwazaa" and "cold day" sounds like "khol dai". :D

they were really funny... liked them!

brother Aatk... did u make up that joke?  harry putter! :D

could i please post something?? its mega funny!!! i cant stop laughing after reading it.... but its difficult to translate it the exact way in english, it wont be as funny then.... :D so mods....  :D plz!!!!

:D  :D

lol....this is too funny.

Anybody is goin to translate that.

i tried... so difficult.

this thread is funny.  here's a joke: 

a punjabi guy was in the bathroom singing 'there was a cold day'.  another punjabi guy then bangs open the door.  why? because he thought he was singing 'open the door'

i find that quite hard to understand, can you rewirte it in urdu?  some of the words seem strange.  Sunsaan sarak? peepal? Ki Tuti Hui ?

sunsan sarak.. sunsaan sadak = lonely road

peepal - some kinda tree i think

peepal Ki Tuti Hui Tehnee - peepal's broken branch

assalaam alaykum wrwb

my cousins asked my aunty, 'aap teek hai?' (are you alright?) she was distraught and replied 'kahaa sai teek hoo?' (from where am i alright?) lol.

my grandma asked me whether my cousins are clever. i said to her that we get alifs and bays but they get tays and says, and occasionally there are some jeems for all. lol

Edited by saufia

An asian man in a garage shouted out what he wanted: "MOT"

There was another man nearby, stood by his overweight wife.

He then punched the first man.

The BBC got some complaints that they weren't showing enough people of ethnic minority on TV. So they responded by putting CrimeWatch on twice a week. Ouch! :D

Edited by saufia

assalaam alaykum wrwb

my grandma asked me whether my cousins are clever.  i said to her that we get alifs and bays but they get tays and says, and occasionally there are some jeems for all.  lol

Asalaamo aleykum,

LOL !!!!! :D :D