Islamic Forum
ummammaar

Islam in Bangladesh

PropellerAds

Salaam Alaikum,

Undercover_Brother and brother Slave are Bangali, I think.

Maybe they can enlighten us on the subject.

Btw- Where IS Undercover_Brother? I'm worried about him, the last post I read of his, he was feeling really down. I hope he feels better now inshaAllah. I miss his funny posts, I'm sure we all do =(.

Walaikum Asalaam.

Salam,

Bangladesh. The majority are muslims 85% and the rests are hindus, christians and Buddists.

Was part on India till 1947 when it was known as East Pakistan, as the british named the majority muslim area as east/west Pakistan, while the majority hindu area was India.

Became independant from Pakistan in 1970/2?? and now is called Bnagladesh.

Ooh well i tried not very good at history.

:D

Learnt a lot of stuff in the one week i was there.... :D

Dhaka the capital city, is known as the city of Masjids....and rightly so....each and every community has about 3/4 Masjids.... :P

Guess what, even the hindus in Bangladesh say "Assalamu Alykum''.... :P

Learnt a lot of stuff in the one week i was there.... :D

Dhaka the capital city, is known as the city of Masjids....and rightly so....each and every community has about 3/4 Masjids.... :P

Guess what, even the hindus in Bangladesh say "Assalamu Alykum''.... :P

Became independant from Pakistan in 1970/2?? and now is called Bnagladesh.

I think became independent in 1971....

Bangladesh is one of the major curropt nation, its known as the brother of the land of curroption aka pakistan many of the bangladeshi old folks hate pakistan and has never forgiven them for their crimes, thats why we dont see many pak-benali marriages,

the country is milatrly weak its geographic location is also a disadvantage,

most bengalies say bangladesh is under the armpits of the nation of mushriks aka india.

Bangladesh is constantly visted by its pal natural disaster.

many british asians are from bangladesh and alhamduliah by the will of Allah many have become more practising then their country and parents (what a shock they get when these british asians go back home for a visit)

apparntly the country has some gas which is not used to help the poor but instead helps to pay the debt of the country.

the country has a female ruler- i dont know how a women in her periods is going to make critical decisions without getting peed off,

the people of the country although largly influneced by indian habbits are sincere muslims, many make sunnah practises FARD, so if you walk out of the Masjid not doing your nafl prayers then you are looked down apoun *eye rolls*

May Allah guide us to the straight path and protect us from his wrath, indeed his punishment is swift and hard

Edited by slave

recently there has been reports of Islamic militant uprising,

bangladesh-1-small.jpeg

many claim bangladesh is used as a Islamic milatry training ground,

bangladesh-1.jpeg

Edited by slave

My origins are of Bangladesh. :D

The thing is Bangladesh is one of the most corrupt countries in the world and thats true! I feel for my brothers and sisters there, there is much poverty and i dont think the governments are doing anything good or Islamic.

Edited by rofi

Isn't there an Islamic ruling against a woman becoming President?

yes there is a hadith maybe som1 can provide the actual reference, but from the top of my head i remeber it said somthing like a nation who has a women as the leader can never succed.

Salaamz,

Bangladesh is corrupt, I am from there and seeing my family members, it is a prrof. Lot of hindu practices get carried over, like kissing the feet and supposedly the infamous fabricated hadith: A women's paradise lies in the husband's feet". SOme are practising, some are not, but the country as a whole is in need of order aka Islamic ruling, real one, none of that mixed stuff.

Also came across this:

In the town of Petrapole on the border of Bangladesh the local women and girls offer carnal pleasures for as little as 10 rupees (a measly $0.28). Thanks to the flourishing trucking industry, 5 million drivers regularly frequent the women while waiting to cross the frontier. "It is common", the report notes, "for a man to buy sex every day, sometimes several times a day" from local courtesans, averaging about 150-200 sexual encounters a year. (The New York Times 9-22-96 p1,10).

Salaam,

I'm originally from Bangladesh.

It's true they legalised prostritution... unbelievable. "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/695947.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/695947.stm[/url]

There was that business about alcoholic drinks too "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3496771.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3496771.stm[/url] but I think they cracked down on that.

The poor tend to follow you around begging if they recognise you as a 'Londoni'. We live in the village over there, and it's a world apart fom the UK... shows how lucky we have it.

Wassalaam.

Assalamu Alaikium

I am from Bangladesh, withsome Iranian and Turkish in me.

There's a saying that although Bangalis are living in the poorest of countries, they are also the happiest. :D :D

Walikium Asalam

People ... bangladesh aint that bad ... though it is your mother land .... other than that ... the IslamIC origin is DILATed ... with influences of all these Peer babaz and stuffz .....

Bangladesh is really becoming a western country ... it has almost lost its ASIAN ethnicity .... people trying to be like Gangsta rappers ... ask any growing teenager ... he will say he wants to be an UNDERGROUND rocker ... the MUllas are just by name sake ... keeping beard and staring and women and molesting children ... This is from my point of view .. and what i have seen and read ....

THere are a few PIOUS and wise ones ... but they tend to hide from the world ... which really gives the illusion to bengaliz that Mullas are devils with beards .... you find people mugging you wearing HIJAABz ... or burqaaz ... and i can keep on going and going and going .... like the DURACELL Bunny ... so i rather keep my Two cents to myself :D

post-8572-1103015896.gif

Edited by genetic_freak

Salam alikum bro and sisters and to texan bro and siss'

Iam from bangladesh and currently lining there. I grew up in middle east(saudi)_.

Was in houston ,tX fot 2 yrs.Well the situation is

isalm is kind of misunderstood.Born muslims dont know too much about deen.

They have gfs and etc.These kind of things are frowned upon .(they parents kinda

of has an idea if what their siblings in love are doing)

Thats is they have extra maritial relations which is why AIDS is increasing.

Laws: not Islamic

Govt:secular

I hate saying all this am emabrrased but thsi is bangladesh.Every(most) young guy or girl has a bf or gf which I think is wrong(grew up in saudi and saw ho devout the convert msulims of usa are)

Nobody bothers taht much about religion.its all kind of tradition

We dont have problems like:women delivering eid sermons though.It would cause a riot. If u are honest u are a loser.

Everything is corrupt So it's problem for us guys who grew up outside.

keep u ppl updated if u have any query or something feel free to ask.

I think ,persons who write here ,no one have real idea about bangladesh.Because they dont live in bangladesh.Something about bangladesh.

1.Most of muslim are Sunni. About 12 core.

2.General muslim are not corroupt.

3.Leaders from secular Politics (BNP, AL,GP) are corrupt.

4.They are now looking for Islamic rulling system (Khilafah).

5.Islamic Group like tabliq, HIzb ut Tahrir, GI, are strongly working there.

6.About 250000 Masjid there.

7.Hard working general people. If Islamic system (khilafah) implement there. Everythig will change and it will be a powerfull muslims nation. But slave of west (secular politician) never want this.

8.Always think positive for your bangladeshi muslim brothers.

Assalamu-A'laikum,

after reading all of your comments, I had something to say about Bangladesh. I'm originally from Bangladesh and lived most of my life there. It is a fact that Bangladesh is the most corrupted country in the world... After all we have a hattrick in being the most corrupted country according to "Transparency International". Anyways, as far as I know the situation is getting better and I'm optimistic about the future of Bangladesh. Although most of its inhabitants are busy imitating the "Bollywood Culture" and the West, there are many good Muslims as well. We have numerous Islamic Organizations that are trying to give dawah to people regardless of their shortcomings (in knowledge of Islam, which results in wrong practices). I believe they have very good hearts and I ask Allah (SWT) to guide those who are working for Islam and the people of Bangladesh.

It is also true that most of the people do Shirk on a regular basis by mostly worshiping graves and believing in many more craps. And its a fact that most of its politics were/are controlled by our friendly(?) neighbour India. Legalization of prostitution occurred when a "Hindu/Shaitan" government was ruling the country. The difference between the rich and the poor also helps (!) to increase corruption, violence and chaos. The government virtually has no money to spend for the country other than the money from the foreign aids. There is no taxation system thus most of the routes of earning revenues by the government is closed.

That's all I had to say. Thanks for reading the post.

Ma-as-salaam

Salam

I suppose every Muslim country is corrupt in its own way, as all have tailored Islam to their own needs. So Bangladesh can not be singled out.

Prostitution? Now that is scary. So these women are Muslim or Hindus? Since it is in the border. Well there’s always a surprise round the corner.