Islamic Forum
ummammaar

Islam in Bangladesh

:D

I think prostitution because of poverty needs to be handled differently, by punishing the men for rape instead:

There is a hadith/account of a woman who was seeking water, so much so she feared death. She asked a shepard for water and he replied only if he could have inrecourse with her. Later on she was to be punished for Zina, but Ali RA thought she may have a reason (she was forced). The woman related the story and Ali RA had her freed. Note her WORD was enough.

PropellerAds

ok, there may be many problems in bangladesh.Do you think all problems come because they are muslims, or absence of Islamic rulling system(khilafah).I think all problems come because they all muslims but rulling system is non-islamic secular, given by west. So rullers are always busy to serve west and corruption not for general muslims.

India is going to build TPI dam.which will kills 6 core muslims in bangladesh. Already india built farraka dam which blocked one third rivers of bangladesh.

With TPI they they will block all rivers. If TPI dam complete 12 core muslims faces great problem. Save your brother.

I am from Bangladesh; now living in US. I am proud to see that Bangladesh has one of the best democracy among all muslim nations. The main problem is our leaders are corrupted. The western leaders are dedicated, and our leaders are corrupted.

western leaders are killers, slave of saitan, what they done in Iraq, Afgan, bosnia, kasmir , Chasnia, philipine............

....................Think. Always serve for Allah.

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Well a lot of bengalie men(excluding me) wear something called the "Longhi." It is basically a serron(the thing David Beckham wore once). It looks very comfortable. I, in the past, have taken the mickey out of the garment, howver once a practising pakistani brother told me it is actually sunna to wear the Longhi, so since then i have reframed from abusing what is th eprophet Muhammed(SWS) tradition.

Wa'Salam.

Assalamu'Alikum,

Well a lot of bengalie men(excluding me) wear something called the "Longhi." It is basically a serron(the thing David Beckham wore once). It looks very comfortable. I, in the past, have taken the mickey out of the garment, howver once a practising pakistani brother told me it is actually sunna to wear the Longhi, so since then i have reframed from abusing what is th eprophet Muhammed(SWS) tradition.

Wa'Salam.

Assalamu'Alikum,

Iam from India ..i too wear longhi but only when i sleep.its a subcontinental garment so how is it sunnah.?...maybe its in the broader sense that anything loose is sunnah ..maybe .

...it is very comfortable :D.

Iam unaware of Indian inteference in Bangladesh politics ...the media hides everything i guess... :D

Ok the thread is called Islam in Bangladesh, so this wouldn't be the place the right thread to talk about politics.

Which city has the most practicing people there?

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

I think Sylhet...where most bengali from the west are from...are the most practising. The might nt be practising the right form of Islam...i.e. they have a lot of Biddah...however overall they invest there time, money and efforts to educate their children, at least, to the minimum in terms of Islam.

Wa'Salam.

:D What about Dhaka (sp?) ? and the Islamic university/madrasa or madaaris there--how are they?

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Err....erm.....(UnderCover Unsure)....I think someone living in Bangladesh might know a lot more then me on this...and many more...subjects!!

I know that Dhaka has one of the BIGGEST Masjids in the WORLD!!!

Its absolutely HUGE!! Suban'Allah!

Having said that, though, it is trying to be very modern...Auzubillah!!

It has legalised prostitution, has clubs and so forth!!

Fee Amanillah,

Wa'Salam.

Asalam walikum,

I am born in a Bangladeshi family. Have visited bangladesh 4-5 times. Every time I have been I have noticed that there are a lot of bengalis w hom are not regular with their prayer. This is something that I did not really understand at the tender age that I was there at. But there are many Muslim bangladeshis whom do not offer regular prayer, and when asked why, they dismiss with not very many excuses. They just tend to change the subject. The older generations are the only people I have personally witnessed that pray regularly. I don't know whats happening in this Muslim majority country.

But Masha'Allah that is where I learnt to recite Qu'ran from, and also pray. So Alhamdulilah for the opportunity I got when I was young.

Thats all I can think to say on this issue.

Asalam walikum,

your Muslim Sis.

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

I agree with the above. But sometimes it seems those who move away from Bangladesh to a non-Muslim country, say after marriage, become more practising. It's as though they see their new environment as being alien, and they therefore hold onto religion more tightly. Perhaps before they took things for granted.

But it also might be because they're older and wiser...

Wassalaam.

Assalamu alaikum

In sylhet is seem it is subsidised by the Londoners. The shopping malls do not sell decent produce, rather tourist items of clothes and jewllery. No one is working to setup industry.

Even though Malaysia was corrupt, their leaders at least saw fit to develop their country.

Also seems like a lot of people want to leave the country and go middle east, UK. People in dhaka are less likely to leave. I htink dhaka is more secular?

What Bangladesh needs is a dictator to bring law and order and develop the country. Western democracy won't work.

Assalmau aliakaum

ANy one else from bangladesh?

Can someone tell me about 'Shahjalal', keep on hearing his name, i think he bought Islam to Bangladesh?

And also what is a 'dorga'. Something to do with masjids.

Can someone tell me about 'Shahjalal', keep on hearing his name, i think he bought Islam to Bangladesh?

And also what is a 'dorga'. Something to do with masjids.

yeh i herd shajalal (rahimullah) helped bring Islam to the reigoin and protecting against the oppressive hindus.

the "dorga" i think is a shrine in india where much shirk happens.

the "dorga" i think is a shrine in india where much shirk happens
You are right and wrong.

Durga are places where religious/pious (muslim) people are buried and where normal people like you and me go and ask for forgiveness and stuff from these dead saints :D :D :D..

these are misguided muslims and it is a practise which was taken from the hindus in india.. so the right part is about the shrik brother slave and the wrong part is that is not isolated only to india.

shrik brother slave and the wrong part is that is not isolated only to india.

ah thanks for the explanation bro didnt know dorga ment that.

Is it true in Banglades the last/family name "Rahman" is common ??

Reason I ask is because I know quite a few bengalis whos last name ends in Rahman..

I think there is a 'dorga' in sylhet where Shahjalal Rahimullah is buried.

I think shirk goes on there aswell........

and you know while we are on the topic of bangladesh :D.. why is it that you all call yourself bengalis and not bangladeshis? cause there is a state in India called west bengal.. and those people should be bengalis no??