Islamic Forum
ummammaar

Islam in Bangladesh

Assalamu alaikum my brothers and sisters in Islam

I have a question to all the Bangladeshi people here regarding marriage.

Can anyone tell me clearly what a "cabin" is in a marriage? What is its sole purpose?

Your brother in Islam,

Salam

PropellerAds

Assalamualaikum,

as far as i am aware a cabin is the dowry money from the contract, can someone please clarify as i am not too sure.

jzkh kh

wasalam

Assalamu alaikum my brothers and sisters in Islam

I do not think the "cabin" = Mahr/dowry because the "cabin" is used to stipulate what provisions the wife should receive upon divorce or widowhood. These provisions should be separate from the mahr...can anyone clarify these ideas please?

NB: To clarify the term "Dowery":

"A dowry is a gift of money or valuables given by the bride's family to that of the groom at the time of their marriage. It has been regarded as contribution of her family to the married household's expenses." (Wikipedia) - Therefore in Islam it is incorrect to use the term Dowery.

The opposite is "Bridewealth":

"Bridewealth is sometimes regarded as compensation to the woman's family for the loss of her productive labour, and it usually means that the children she bears will belong to her husband's family group rather than her own. It may require a large amount of valuables such as livestock, shell items, and, increasingly, cash." (tiscali.reference) - This is incorrect as the idea for giving a new bride a gift is to show her your devotion and value her.

"Bride price, also known as bridewealth, is an amount of money or property or wealth paid to the parents of a woman for the right to marry their daughter." (Wikipedia) - This is also incorrect as any gift should be given to the bride and her alone.

Your brother in Islam,

Salam

Edited by Mali

I m from Bangladesh who is stilll in Bangladesh. I m really shocked with the view of others and even natives regarding Bangladesh. Bangladesh still not that bad. It's the 2nd largest muslim country. It is not at all weak in military power. It has a very well trained military in the world. The highest number of UN keeprs r from bangladesh as they r very well trained, skilled and religious.No indication of astraying has been reported from any corner reagrding bangladeshi peace keeprs.U can look in Angola, Ghana and some other African countries where Un peace keeps r deployed.U will see how bangladeshi solders doing their job.

Regarding geogrphical postion Bangladesh has a very stratigical position in aspect of global military importence.I need to xplain long regarding this. i think this is not the place to xplain detail. Regarding position against India it is too funny that bangladesh is in armpit of bnagldesh.but u guys should know that bangldesh has a multi dimensional position against india. See at map.u know that's chicken' neck in india? India is highly anxious as that chicken neck may isolated india from its eastern part. as Bangladesh is very capable of blocking that coridor if China doesn't help india regarding it. It also needs much discussion. Plz guys don't comment if ur concept reagrding miliotaery is not clear.Read know and post plz.

Listen Bangladeshis r ot coward. I can many historic and heroic dedication of bangdesh. Can u recall the war of Indo-pak war?The india army told that he would take morning teaa in karachi and he moved towards karachi wit his huge tanks. But bangali soldiers( east bengal regiment) destroyed major portion of the tanks, as its soldiers were blown out my suicidal attackers.

Can u recall Arab-Isreal war? The Arab airforce could not land after first take off.the run ways were wiped out. But Ziaur Rahman ( president of bangladesh at that time) sent military support to the Egypt along with some skilledf fighteres. They gave liofe for the Islam and one of bnagldeshi fighters destroyed 8 israeli figters in a single dog fight. which is a record in the history of dog fighting.

We bangldeshi's r very religious. Regarding corruption, just know we r the victim of ill propaganda and we have some bad people in the coutriy. they r few but powerful. They do most of the corruptions.Reagding rerrorist its really funny as some guz see rize of terrorism in the country. Just know it will not cover a 1% of its population. some photes holding laden's poster doesn't tell enough to comment on a civilized nation.

I love my country and Muslim world. The muslim brothers must not treat another muslim country so nackedly as it is not true. so plz don't blame others bliendly.

Salam,

Alhamdulliah Brother Jinnah made a nice piece of writing. :sl:

Most of us face discrimination because of few Bangladeshis. We Bangladehis are truly simple, religious, and polite. It is only the contemporary politics destroyed our beauty of Imaan, morality.

I have lived all my life in abroad but I know my fellow bangladeshis. Some are aggressive as I said because of poverty, bad politics, anti-islamic backgrounds.

Anyway, If anyone want to know more about Bangladesh, pm me.

Jazakallah

i wasnt born there but ma parents were so yeah im bengali! lol

ce' post='775986' date='Jun 25 2008, 04:42 PM']Assalamu Alaikum

Is there anyone on this forum that can help me to write 3 lines of text using bangali font?

You can download "Avra" softwear. serach and get it from google.It is phoentic typing tool. Supose you want to write " chair". just type" chair". the word will be typed in bangla.

Anyway, u can tell me wht to write. I will do insalah.

Jinnah

Salam,

Alhamdulliah Brother Jinnah made a nice piece of writing. :sl:

Most of us face discrimination because of few Bangladeshis. We Bangladehis are truly simple, religious, and polite. It is only the contemporary politics destroyed our beauty of Imaan, morality.

I have lived all my life in abroad but I know my fellow bangladeshis. Some are aggressive as I said because of poverty, bad politics, anti-islamic backgrounds.

Anyway, If anyone want to know more about Bangladesh, pm me.

Jazakallah

Assalam. Brother, I am very nice getting a Bangladeshi brother. Would you plz ell me details about you? It is better oin PM.

Soon I will come with a topic about Islam Bangladesh insallah.

I think Dhaka has got the most Islam...

Sylhet the least because they've still got a lot of the hindu culture...

I have been there couple of times.

The most ridiculous thing i observed there is majar(grave) business. Many people(not all) are submitting their problems to the majar instead of praying in the masjid....

:sl:

we need a new goverment...

im bangladeshi, been there like 5-6 times and everytime we go (sylhet were im from) the airport is packed with beggers... really upsetting you know... something needs to change!

Most of us face discrimination because of few Bangladeshis. We Bangladehis are truly simple, religious, and polite. It is only the contemporary politics destroyed our beauty of Imaan, morality

Agree 100%. There are numerous Bangladeshis who strive to follow Islam.

The secularism in Bangladesh is increasing at an alarming rate. So, hope and pray that everything changes, and move towards Islamic Path.

• Like 2

Very true. the nastiq are getting bigger

:sl:

What is nastik? What is the source of your information? How do you know?

I asked u several questions....your reply does not address those.

Political situation in Bangladesh is very bad currently. The Government are trying to destroy Islamists. They wanted to ban all the Islamists. Now they are trying to ban the biggest Islamist Party - Jamat -e- Islam.

Collison between Islamists and Secualrists is imminent in Bangladesh. The next few days crucial....

Hefajat-procession3.jpg

islamists.jpg

1365187717Hefajota-Islam.jpg

article-2301138-18FD5E2D000005DC-404_964

• Like 1

article-2301138-18FDEB81000005DC-351_964