Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
male

Problem Regarding Being Unable To....

:D

Brothers and sisters I have a problem. I know many surahs from the Qur'an by heart, but that was only because I listened to them over and over again. I can't recite the Qu'ran very well. I'm like a kid who needs Hoked on Phonics for Quranic Arabic.

Please, do any of you know any sites or downloadable programs you can give to me? I feel bad.

Edited by Crystal Eyes

PropellerAds

Is it possibile for you to learn at the local Masjid? The Imam should be able to help you :D

Salamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa baraketuh,

please take a look at the `Greatest Book of the world´forum . You ´ll find some helpfull downloads and if you have some time you can think of joining one of the groups - inschallah.

Wa alaikum asalam.

Assalamu alaikum

I appreciate your concern.

Is it possibile for you to learn at the local Masjid? The Imam should be able to help you

That is the best way to learn quran. Sitting in front of computer is not an alternative to sitting in front of a teacher. Don't feel ashamed. The companions were in their eighties when they embraced Islam but still they learned Quran at that age. The teachers were Abdullah ibn Abbas RA and ibn-e-umar RA. They were all in their teens.

shukran

Brothers and sisters I have a problem. I know many surahs from the Qur'an by heart, but that was only because I listened to them over and over again. I can't recite the Qu'ran very well. I'm like a kid who needs Hoked on Phonics for Quranic Arabic.

Please, do any of you know any sites or downloadable programs you can give to me? I feel bad.

wa'alaykum asalaam brother,

y dnt u join www.adly(contact admin if its a beneficial link) they have beginners quran reading classes, also ---- intermediate & advance tajweed classes.

check out the schedule for the timing of the classes:

www.adly(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/schedule

all you need is a computer, speakers and a microphone.

Masha'Allah, i was in beginners class say afw months ago,nw im in advance class A!

Alhamdulillah

wa'alaykum asalaam brother,

y dnt u join adly they have beginners quran reading classes, also ---- intermediate & advance tajweed classes.

check out the schedule for the timing of the classes:

adly/schedule

all you need is a computer, speakers and a microphone.

Masha'Allah, i was in beginners class say afw months ago,nw im in advance class A!

Alhamdulillah

Thank you so much. So, I see the classes are monday, wed, fri at 3 PM EST. Do I just go to the site and join at that time? OR do I have to register, etc.?

Assalamu Alaikum, Like someone else suggested, the best thing to do is sit with some one and read with them, nothing can replace a good teacher, but, since you have to start from scratch, I would suggest that you make sure that whoever teaches you will teach you with the correct tajweed, this is very important.

In the meantime I can suggest to you this site my husband developed, it's called www.Qranicsciences(contact admin if its a beneficial link) it is very good and many people are using it from around the world and are benefitting from it, if you go and click on Quranic lessons, you will have to register, by choosing a username and password and give your email address, then you can start your lessons from the basic alphabets and continue on at your own pace inshaAllah. Go and check it out, there is sound so keep your speakers sound up. I am sure you will benefit a lot inshaAllah. I have announced about it in the link section of the Forum too.

Remember, it is never too late to learn, so Alhamdulillah you feel the need to learn now which is good, May Allah accept your efforts. InshaAllah go on the site, I can tell you it will help you, there are many other things on it which might interest you , might as well check them out too. Wassalamu alaikum..

:D Brother

I know where you are coming from.

I also find it difficult to fluently receite Qur'an, but this is usually if I do leave it a long time! In my humble opinion, recite the Qur'an regularly, even if you cannot do so fluently, Insha'Allah it shall come to you the more you recite. This is what I find works the best for me.

If you are unsure of how to read Arabic, then the suggestion of attending Masjid classes would be the best option. :D

With duas,

Your Muslim Sis