Islamic Forum
Keeping Faith

King Fahd's Funeral Moves Priest..

Priest embraces Islam after Fahd funeral

By Mariam Al Hakeem, Correspondent

Riyadh:

The funeral of King Fahd, conducted in a simple manner, has encouraged a well-known Christian priest in Italy to embrace Islam, a Saudi preacher said.

The priest, whose name the source refused to reveal and who witnessed the late king's funeral on television, found that it was as simple as the funeral of an ordinary man.

Rome-based Saudi Islamic preacher Abdullah Al Malek told Gulf News that the simple funeral of King Fahd changed the priest's mind. The priest was already conversant with Islamic literature and had listened to several Muslim preachings on tape.

"The priest watched the funeral of King Fahd and another person on television and did not find any difference between the two. There was only one funeral prayer for the two and no separate prayer was held for the king. This great example of equality and the late king's simple grave influenced the priest and pro-mpted him to embrace Islam," Malek said.

"I was never moved by your Islamic books or cassettes, but the simple royal funeral shook me and changed my mind," Malek quoted the priest as saying.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gulf-news(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Articles/RegionNF.asp?ArticleID=178138"]source[/url]

Edited by Keeping Faith

PropellerAds

:D

SubhanAllah.

Thats so nice. :D

May Allah :D keep him on the right path and continue to guide him. :D

Jazakallah khair for sharing sis! :D

Allahu Akbar....whoever Allah wishes to guide, non can misguide!

subhanallah! that's amazing :D the funeral strengthened my faith in Islam too...seeing a multi-billionaire go out so simply, so modestly because he had faith in Islam, inshallah. Contrast that with the fireworks and explosions of HST's cremation-ashes-launching ceremony last night, complete with alcohol and such celebrations of an addict...and you see why Islam is the straight path...

AS

Guest amani

that really is cool. it so wow how something so simple...so final could move someone.

May Allah SWT continue to strengthen him and the rest of the ummah in the deen. :D

Assalaamu'alaykum

Masya Allah.. that is great.

I remember watching the funeral on tv, and my younger sister (who's about 17) asked me how come a king did not get the "funeral of a king." I simply explained to them that all muslims will be buried in the same way because when we die, what we were in this world does not matter after we die.

My mother was also half-watching the funeral and reading her book on baking, but insya Allah she heard me explain..

wassalaamu'alaykum

subhanallah wal Hamdulilah wa Laa Ilaha Illah wallahu Akbar .

Alhamdulilah for the greatest NiÚma Of Islam .

SubhanALLAH

Jazak Allah khairun 4 sharing that sis...

that is really good news...

May Allah :D guide us all, show us the light, and bless king Fahd's soul. ameen

Alhamdulillah for the "wahhabi" burial

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4743085.stm"]"Wahhabi" Burial[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.taipeitimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/News/front/archives/2005/08/03/2003266182"]"Wahhabi" Burial[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050801/ts_nm/saudi_king_dc"]"Wahhabi" Burial[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guardian.co.uk/saudi/story/0,11599,1541127,00.html"]"Wahhabi" Burial[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,251-1717623,00.html"]"Wahhabi" Burial[/url]

Yes sorry I realised that after clicking the link , the british are well known for dividing nations and creeds this is just another one of those tries .

You are correct.

Sorry, i am a mild mannered well versed and gentle Muslim but as soon as i see secterian issues i go foaming at the mouth/rambling/physcopath mode :D

Which is a bit worrying at the same time :D

Masha Allah, that's great news...Insha Allah, they'll be more :D

SubhanAllah :D

Allah Guides whom He wills. Elhamdulilah

Inshallah more will recognise the Truth.

Wa-'Alaikum-Salaam,

AlhamdulilLah, Allahu Akbar,

Simple small events make people see Islam as the Truth.

Let's ensure that we act in a humble manner, adn modestly, as well as upholding our Islamic principles, and more will turn to Islam, insha'Allah.

:D sister,

Well yo never know what would be an eye opener for someone....

w/salaam