Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fahid

Uniting The Muslim Ummah

:D

First I want to publically apologize for the mishap of that earlier thread as it wasn't what I meant to speak about, but really the point of it all.

I wanted to speak about Unity and the possibilities and what we need to do in order to achieve Unity in the Ummah, I believe its more important then topics that are of no concern to us.

What we need to do is what what one would call is "building bridges".

Allah :D says in the Holy Qur'an:

"And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allâh (i.e. this Qur'ân), and be not divided among yourselves...' (Qur'an 3:103)

This is a commandment of the Lord of the Worlds. That we as Muslims must hold unto the rope of Allah and we must not divide regardless.

If this is a duty of ours why have we become divided among ourselves then? Why is it that while we speak of Unity but not take real action for Unity nor make the change within ourself to further Unity even if you dislike the action you need to take place?

Apparently one of the views that most people have is that for the Muslim Ummah to unite one must agree to their own views or no Unity. This goes down to the idea of "I know whats Best" and "I know what is right and wrong" while we do need to look inside of us and ask could we actually be wrong in some things within ourselves? No human is perfect, so there has to be something that we may be wrong about (our opinion), even if its something small.

But what if "we" can come up with ways to build bridges... ways to make the Unity better such as building bridges between the traditions, the races, the politics, the economic factors and so on.

One of the larger problems in the Ummah is that we are turning more like the Jews and Christians have become. The Qur'an gave us so many examples of the People of the Book not just simply for story telling, but it is to tell us not to make the same mistakes they have.

What we need is to change what is within ourselves, if we do not change we won't have unity.

Allah :D says in the Qur'an:

"That is so because Allâh will never change a grace which He has bestowed on a people until they change what is in their ownselves. And verily, Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower." (Qur'an 8:53)

Lets look at the courage of Hadhrat Hassan ibn Ali ibn Abu Talib (ra), who became a Caliph only to give it his seat for Unity in the Ummah so that instead of two Caliphs there would be one. Why is it that when we sit in our own "seat" which is our "comfort zone", that we can't make the same sacrifice for Unity by giving up this comfort inside us, this hatred of others whether its the language or the country or the tradition you are from, we need to do this, we need to Unite!

Brothers and Sisters If there is no "Bridge" then we fall. Think about it even if you hate building bridges with others amongst the Ummah.

Lets share some of our ideas and speak about the possibilities on Unity.

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

PropellerAds

I am really pessimist when it comes to this issue. I think muslims are goin to be further divided, more bcoz of political issues rather than spirtual issues.

i think the only way muslims will be united is when they all come on the true path that was shown by Quraan and Sunnah, and when they leave their petty differences for example nationalities.

I am with you all the way brother Fahid.

I am (told) i am one of the most mild mannered, polite - good adhaab etiquette Muslims you can hope to meet.

However i openly launch 14 cruise missiles at anyone who (i think) promotes secterianism.

I become a different person.

I frequent:

Modern Day Salafi masjids

Naqshbandi masjids

Deoband masjids

Tableegh masjids

Ahle Hadith masjids

Barelvi masjids

My personal book collection? Two ends of the spectrum.

One the one hand i have books, next to me as i type by Ibn Taymiyyah, a few more from modern day salafi scholars.

To the other end of the book shelf i have a book called "Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaat versus the Wahabiyya doctrines".

Who here on this message board can call me biased?

When a modern day salafi says to me dont goto there masjid - i make a concerted effort to go. Why whats he hiding? truth smashes faleshood....

When a sufi says dont goto there masjid - i also make sure i go.Why they cant all be wrong, Truth smashes faleshood,

I have seen both arguments and it boils down to this, from someone who is 29 - and more fed up than you can ever be because of this vision of disUnity.

Pride & Arrogance

Pride - that "we are better than you"

Arrogance - "how on earth can we be wrong"

The problem is we fail to fathom that God Is The Uniter. He will decide, if he wishes to Unite the Muslims.

He (most hight) will do so. Whether it be with a Calamity or a suffering or an event or whatever he wishes to choose to unite us with.

No matter what we say or do Unity comes from God and God alone.

The above advice was from a Modern Day Salafi Sheikh. I totally respect his wisdom and agree with him on this matter even though i disagree with him on other matters.

Personally i stick to classical scholars as they served billions of muslims for over one thousand years rather than the new ones. Because i have seen the misguidance in front of my own eyes. However doesnt mean everyone is always right or wrong.

Personally i have had enough.

Let us continue our bidah-salafi-sufi-nationilistic divide and let the kafirs rape our land, steal our wealth & loot our resources.

We deserve it for our bickering.

Edited by Saladin UK

Asaslamu alaikaum

You just need a small elite group of Muslims to take over a country and build from there, military coup etc.

Thats one of the changes we need to make, being optimistic, at least trying to be Insh'Allah.

Narrated ‘Aisha: Allah’s Messenger said, “Pessimism is part of bad character.†(Ahmad reported it but is weak in chain)

Even if this hadith is considered weak it makes alot of sense regardless. How does pessimism make us better? Can Pessimism lead to no hope therefore doing something that one might consider a major sin (to lose hope)?

I do agree that there are alot of political issues however, what if, just what if we can form political parties in ALL of the so-called democracies in order to form an Islamic government or think of ideas that can build bridges from a political perspective. Like an example would be sharing the same ideas with all the other nations.

We definetally need to get rid of all the "isms" like Nationalism which is a major problem in the Ummah today.

What another thing we can do is enhance the OIC. Its the only form of "unity" we have in the Ummah, but its still possible that we can some how form a Union, like the Europeans have done, its a step.

I suppose one of the best things to do is spread knowledge, alot of it even if we have to teach it to others as there are still some places that lack knowledge.

Fahid

I am (told) i am one of the most mild mannered, polite - good adhaab etiquette Muslims you can hope to meet.

However i openly launch 14 cruise missiles at anyone who (i think) promotes secterianism.

I frequent:

Naqshbandi masjids

Deoband masjids

Tableegh masjids

Ahle Hadith masjids

Barelvi masjids

One the one hand i have books, next to me as i type by Ibn Taymiyyah, a few more from modern day salafi scholars.

To the other end of the book shelf i have a book called "Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaat versus the Wahabiyya doctrines".

When a modern day salafi says to me dont goto there masjid - i make a concerted effort to go. Why whats he hiding? truth smashes faleshood....

When a sufi says dont goto there masjid - i also make sure i go.Why they cant all be wrong, Truth smashes faleshood,

I have seen both arguments and it boils down to this, from someone who is 29 - and more fed up than you can ever be because of this vision of disUnity.

Pride & Arrogance

Pride - that "we are better than you"

Arrogance - "how on earth can we be wrong"

The problem is we fail to fathom that God Is The Uniter. He will decide, if he wishes to Unite the Muslims.

He (most hight) will do so. Whether it be with a Calamity or a suffering or an event or whatever he wishes to choose to unite us with.

No matter what we say or do Unity comes from God and God alone.

The above advice was from a Modern Day Salafi Sheikh. I totally respect his wisdom and agree with him on this matter even though i disagree with him on other matters.

Personally i stick to classical scholars as they served billions of muslims for over one thousand years rather than the new ones. Because i have seen the misguidance in front of my own eyes. However doesnt mean everyone is always right or wrong.

Personally i have had enough.

Let us continue our bidah-salafi-sufi-nationilistic divide and let the kafirs rape our land, steal our wealth & loot our resources.

We deserve it for our bickering.

I completely agree with you and there is no doubt about that. In fact I would nuke the "secular" ideas :D

Another thing I find interesting is people rather wait for Imam Mahdi to arrive so he can fix the problems... I find this ridiculous, when he comes Insh'Allah then it will be great, otherwise we need to do something about Unity. In fact a hadith once said that a "ruler" must die before the Mahdi's arrival, so would this imply that we need a Khalifah system in place before the coming of the Mahdi? So this means we have to do something about it with the help and will of Allah :D

May Allah guide us and unite us as one.

Fahid

Edited by fahid

My own opinion (and that is only it an opinion) is for the masses of Saudi to realise they are being run by Khwarij rulers of them and Kuwait.

There is an authentic shaheeh hadeeth stating "they kill the muslims but leave the idolators (jews and christians)

Gulf war 1 - was financed by Saudi rulers and Kuwait.

Gulf war 2 - they used Kuwait as launch pad with silent approval/help from Saudi rulers.

Interesting how not 1 christian or jew was harmed in this pact - yet hundreds of thousands of muslims were killed.

Proof is in the pudding and this hadeeth is clear as day.

More 'Pious' people need to replace them.

Do you know the rest of that hadeeth?? i shall finish it. It said" and if i was there myself i would kill them as the nation of Aad was killed" said the prophet (peace be upon him).

and Allah subhanawu ta'ala knows best

My own opinion (and that is only it an opinion) is for the masses of Saudi to realise they are being run by Khwarij rulers of them and Kuwait.

There is an authentic shaheeh hadeeth stating "they kill the muslims but leave the idolators (jews and christians)

Gulf war 1 - was financed by Saudi rulers and Kuwait.

Gulf war 2 - they used Kuwait as launch pad with silent approval/help from Saudi rulers.

Interesting how not 1 christian or jew was harmed in this pact - yet hundreds of thousands of muslims were killed.

Proof is in the pudding and this hadeeth is clear as day.

More 'Pious' people need to replace them.

Do you know the rest of that hadeeth?? i shall finish it. It said" and if i was there myself i would kill them as the nation of Aad was killed" said the prophet (peace be upon him).

and Allah subhanawu ta'ala knows best

I also agree, its unfortunate in fact I believe the service of Islam they have done is becoming more of an excuse (Allah knows best). I mean they haven't even rejected Riba completety not to mention the near trillion dollars worth of investments in the U.S. But bashing them won't do much, I suppose awareness is more important for sure.

I heard a lecture once about the Caliphate, the lecturer had said that the one who rules Makkah and Madinah has the power. I also find it interesting that Pakistan used to have army personnel in the cities, it would have been interesting to see a leader In Pakistan to emerge (back then) and decided to break the pact with the Saudis and decide that the city belongs to the Ummah now... But that sounds more like a fantasy to say the least :D

Unity is definatelly important we need it even if we can't do much about it we need it.

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

This is from Tafsir Ibn Kathir about the Prohibition of Division as mentioned in Surah Al-Imran.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Prohibition of Division

Allah said,

(And be not as those who divided and differed among themselves after the clear proofs had come to them) [3:105].

In this Ayah, Allah forbids this Ummah from imitating the division and discord of the nations that came before them. These nations also abandoned enjoining righteousness and forbidding evil, although they had proof of its necessity.

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu `Amir `Abdullah bin Luhay said, "We performed Hajj with Mu`awiyah bin Abi Sufyan. When we arrived at Makkah, he stood up after praying Zuhr and said, `The Messenger of Allah said,

(The People of the Two Scriptures divided into seventy-two sects. This Ummah will divide into seventy-three sects, all in the Fire except one, that is, the Jama`ah. Some of my Ummah will be guided by desire, like one who is infected by rabies; no vein or joint will be saved from these desires.)

[Mu`awiyah said next:] By Allah, O Arabs! If you do not adhere to what came to you from your Prophet then other people are even more prone not to adhere to it. '' Similar was recorded by Abu Dawud from Ahmad bin Hanbal and Muhammad bin Yahya.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allah knows Best

Fahid

Good hadith brother and true because if we cant sort ourselves out how can we sort other issues?

Im fed up of the differences. Want all the scholars to be locked up in one room for 3 days with sweets and meats and delights and cushions and good things to entice them.

However stand outside with double bore barrelled shotgun and shoot on sight anyone who decides to leave early.

Without solving their differences. Literally.

This robotic aim will shoot you unless you leave united :D

But i know it is just a little fantasy :D

Nice thought though :D

We need to solve our differences. Alot of it is really foolish, I mean it is human nature to disagree no matter what but instead we are completely divided. So we have to put aside our differences and come together as one Insh'Allah.

The change has to come first within and that is what I think is the most important matter. We have to be open to the idea of Unity no matter what. And we have to admit that no matter who it is, there will ALWAYS be disagreements even the Four Imam disagreed on some points so I mean why can't we just understand that!!!

Allah knows Best

Fahid

I frequent:

Naqshbandi masjids

Deoband masjids

Tableegh masjids

Ahle Hadith masjids

Barelvi masjids

I can see this is on the verge of turning into a sect topic so I will tell every1 not even to think about pls.

I Just dont get it , A masjid Is the house of Allah SWT , There is no such thing as a salafi masjid and a Tableeghi masjid , if this is happening then this is a deviation and a bida .

Let me ask those who say dont pray in a salafi masjid , when You come on hajj and pray behind shiekh Imam sudais is he not a salafi sunni follower ? is that gonna stop deobandis and sufis coming to makkah . it really astonishes us how some muslims think ?

Or because Al Aqsa Masjid muslims are sufis , muslims who call ourselves salafis should not even think of ever going to pray in Quds or ridding it from the occupation of the Jews ?

We are one Ummah brothers and sisters We may differ but it should not be a reason to see ourselve as holier than each other .

Edited by Al Faqeer

How many of us take this seriously? PLEASE LOOK!

"If He wills, He can take you away, O people, and bring others. And Allâh is Ever All-Potent over that." (Qur'an 4:133)

"If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you by another people; and you cannot harm Him at all, and Allâh is Able to do all things." (Qur'an 9:39)

"...And if you turn away (from Islâm and the obedience to Allâh), He will exchange you for some other people and they will not be your likes. (Qur'an 47:38)

Look at how serious this is:

"I shall turn away from My Ayât (Verses of the Qur'ân) those who behave arrogantly on the earth, without a right, and (even) if they see all the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they will not believe in them. And if they see the way of righteousness (monotheism, piety, and good deeds), they will not adopt it as the Way, but if they see the way of error (polytheism, crimes and evil deeds), they will adopt that way, that is because they have rejected Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and were heedless (to learn a lesson) from them." (Qur'an 7:146)

Now think of how we have become? Imagine if Allah takes us away from the Qur'an and replaces us with a new peoples or even a new creatures?

Brothers and Sisters I think we need to get serious!

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

I don't know if anyone here is taking unity seriously just a few Alhamdullilah. If we continue our downfall we could very well be replaced, and if it has to be done so be it. My advice, please take the Qur'an seriously, because honestly, we are abandoning it and throwing it behind our backs like the people of the scriptures before us did.

"And the Messenger (Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam]) will say: "O my Lord! Verily, my people deserted this Qur'ân (neither listened to it nor acted on its laws and teachings)." (Qur'an 25:30)

"If He wills, He can take you away, O people, and bring others. And Allâh is Ever All-Potent over that." (Qur'an 4:133)

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

Do we need the unity of 100% of the muslims for Islam to have a stronghold once again? not neccesarily. Would most of our problems ( if not all..) be eliminated if 80% of muslims were united? what about 60%?........You see we shouldn't focus so much on the idea and fantasy of complete unity but rather on something acheivable yet has a great impact of our people. just my opinion.

If we set our minds on simply thinking "we don't need full unity" we won't take unity serious at all. Its impossible to have 100% unity unless Allah wills it but we must try. How will it be if Allah wills to ask us "why did you divide from the Ummah" what will we say? Please read my previous posts as the Qur'an is serious about unity and staying together. If we don't take it seriously then we have abandoning one thing, and abandoning one thing from the Qur'an is a great sin.

Fahid

I am for and always will be for unity. I know of its importance. What i was suggesting was for people who say that there will never be complete unity because Islam will be divided into sects and so on... For those people i was suggesting that perhaps if 100% unity is unacheivable than we should aim for at least the unity of the majority of the muslims so that we will have one voice. May Allah give us the will and the strength to carry forth our responsibilities towards our religion and towards our brothers and sisters.

Edited by *Muslima*

Assalamu alaikum

I don't think even the Prophet (peace be upon him) had 100% unity. There were hypocrites among the community. People are imperfect. You just need the majority or a critical mass of people.

Look at israel. The zionists managed to make a Jewish supremecist state right in the middle of Arabs and Muslims, and no one can touch them. How did they accomplish this? What can we learn from them?