Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hira (Devout)

Khuda Keh Liye (in The Name Of God)

:sl:

Has anyone seen this movie, if so, what are your views?

Edited by Hira (Devout)

PropellerAds

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Well I haven't seen this movie but I have heard from other people that they talk about things in Islam which are not correct.

So if anyone has seen it let me know if thats true..

Salaams

Well, I have seen the movie. This movie is trying to convey that, how extremists who think they know a lot about Islam, but they really don't, try to lead people to the wrong path.

It also shows how 9-11 affected innocent Muslims in the United States.

Edited by Hira (Devout)

Here's the Plot Summary:

The film is about the difficult situation in which the Pakistanis in particular and the Muslims in general are caught up since 9/11. There is a war going on between the Fundamentalists and the Liberal Muslims. This situation is creating a drift not only between the Western world and the Muslims, but also within the Muslims. The educated and modern Muslims are in a difficult situation because of their approach towards life and their western attire. They are criticized and harassed by the fundamentalists and on the other hand the Western world sees them as potential suspects of terrorism just because of their Muslim names. This paradox is resulting in great suffering for a forward looking Muslim. Above mentioned is the theme of the film "Allah KE LIYE" which in English means "IN THE NAME OF GOD". The interesting thing about the film is how it connects the happenings in the three continents. Unlike the usual Indian and Pakistani films based on romantic saga, dances and songs, this film is based on some very serious issues, raising a lot of controversial questions boggling the Muslim minds these days. It helps the Muslim youth find a direction...The right direction which we all are looking towards.

Written by Hussain Mahmood

Edited by Hira (Devout)

I found eight parts of it on youtube, and watched those. I prefer to finish it before commenting, but I don't see any more parts. Can someone please help?

Is that how long it really is? It doesn't seem like it. Does anyone know? Man, I would not even know where to rent it, if I had to. Hmm...I guess too bad I did not see it while I was overseas. Now, this is just an inconvenience.

Edited by ummammaar

Isin't the urdu to english translation as "for the sake of god" rather than what you have ?? :sl:.. thats what i think anyhoo if my urdu is right..!!

Assalamu Alaikum, I have'nt seen the movie,so cannot comment, just confirming what Hasib has said.

Allah Keh Liye = For God's sake

Allah Keh Naam Sey = In the name of God

Also Allah is a Persian version for God, Allah is the Islamic term

Salaams.

That's how people who made the movie named it, so I titled it that way.

Edited by Hira (Devout)

I've watched the whole movie. It is directed at showing Muslims that character-building is more important than external Islam, and also directed at the Pakistani Muslim youth. It is against extremism, and lightly condemns the role of USA in dealing with Muslims after 9/11.

The main issue with this film (other than no hijaab, which is the lesser of the mistakes in the film) would be wrong representation and explanation of Islamic principles. It regards as all forms of musical instruments as legal, saying that Prophet Daood (A.S.) used to play instruments in his time so it is not wrong for us (even ignoring so many Sahih Hadith which only allow Daff and human voice). It also says that painting is permitted, where painting faces is not allowed. This movie considers marriage of Muslim females to Christian men as 'not preferred', where it is haraam. It somewhat condemns the Sunnah, like in one place the hero laughs at the order of Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) that one shouldn't laugh too loud.

However, it has some good things. It makes us realize that Islam is peace and good moral values, not just having a beard. It is focused on rejuvenating Pakistanis actually, who think that Pakistani dress only is Islamic clothing, not any other dress. It condemns the mistreatment of women in tribal areas, and shows their rights. It despises the US treatment and displays it in a thought provoking manner. Anyhow, like I said, it has some issues in it.

Although Allah Ke Liye literally means 'For Allah's sake', it is subtitled as 'In the Name of God' because of the usage of both terms in their respective languages. It made more sense to the Director to subtitle it so.

And yes, Allah is Persian for 'Rabb'. In Urdu i.e. Pakistan's national language, we use Allah as an alternative of the word Allah (though it only confirms one quality of Allah).

Eeks, correction:

And yes, Allah is Persian for 'Rabb'.

Not Allah, sorry! Allah.