Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jasmine786

Loosing Faith

Salaam brothers and sisters how are you all today? I hoping that you guys can help me out. here is the deal.......... I graduated with my Bachelor's degree and am now wanting to go to dental school. I started taking my science pre-req over the summer and am doing so this coming call semester. I got a phone call today from the school telling me that I had to drop the class. this means I have to wait a whole year to take it :D I just don't get it. I pray and i pray and ask Allah to help me. Sometimes I feel like he never listens to what I have to say. I feel like i'm loosing my iman. Please make dua for me so that I may regain my iman.

thank you

PropellerAds

Al salam alikum my sister,

first of congradulations on your B.S. that in itself is a great accomplishment. I understand what your going through. I have recently gotten my Associates of Applied Science and signed up for a class to take in the fall to get a second A.A.S. and I got a call last week telling me that the class was cancelled...so now I must waite for a whole year as well. What I do is always try to look positively. You mentioned that you pray, that is excellent, that means that God is always in your heart and mind, that means he will always look after you. Instead of seeing it as a class cancelled, look at it as time gained, have you done any charity work, or have been intrested in researching a topic that you think is benificial for your degree or even Islam?

So always, always think positively and try to use your time wisely, I can tell from your post that you are a bright young lady and I'm sure Allah has a great plane waiting for you Inshaa Allah.

And remember "Wa Assa An Takrahu Sheian wa huwa khiern lakum" Sadaka Allah Al Aziem

I don't have the english Quran infront of me, but incase you don't read arabic, or my bad spelling :D , it simply says [ and you may hate something yet it is good for you] ..kind of like borokely! :D

And I think just the fact that you asked for help shows that your not loosing your eman, because if you have, you wouldn't have asked for help. :D

Allah be with you sister, take care and keep us posted. I hope I was of some kind of help.

Al Salam Alikum

Salaams. Thank you so much responding. I felt so bad about my post that I came back to delete it. Reading your message made me feel much better. I'm sorry that you are in the same boat as I am but it helps to know that other people are going through the same thing. Inshallah everything will work out. I was so upset today that i decided to not go to Durs today. Durs = ( I see this aunty twice a week to learn about Islam) I was told this is called durs. If it isn't then I'm sorry for using the wrong word. I'm hoping one of the Bio or physics class will open up. or that someone drops it and I can get into it. Please make dua for me and inshallah everything will be alright.

May Allah show us all the straight path.

Jazakmullah khair.

Salaams. Thank you so much responding. I felt so bad about my post that I came back to delete it. Reading your message made me feel much better. I'm sorry that you are in the same boat as I am but it helps to know that other people are going through the same thing. Inshallah everything will work out. I was so upset today that i decided to not go to Durs today. Durs = ( I see this aunty twice a week to learn about Islam) I was told this is called durs. If it isn't then I'm sorry for using the wrong word. I'm hoping one of the Bio or physics class will open up. or that someone drops it and I can get into it. Please make dua for me and inshallah everything will be alright.

May Allah show us all the straight path.

Jazakmullah khair.

Ameen my sister

about the Dur..I know what you are talking about but I'm not sure what its called either :D

I'm glad to read that my post had made you feel better and Inshaa Allah something better will come along.

Take care and if you could still go to your Dur, go for it! :D

Inshaa Allah the next posting will be with good news.

Al salam Alikum.

Al Salam Alykom,

1st, people have different definations of failure.

2nd, you have to go through failure to know the taste of success.

Any bad experience in life, is a good experience as long as you have faith in Allah and learn from your mistakes.

Barak Allah Feeki

Hey Sis,

I know exactly how you feel...been through that..........but INSHALLAH Allah has something better planned for you I am 100% sure as sometimes I feel the same thing you felt and all the disappointments hit me ..and I am questioning like Y would you do that Allah.... not knowing that Allah prolly has something better for me or there is definitely positive side to this...so just have some patience and relax for a yr since you just graduated and INSHALLAH then try again :D

Salaam thank you all very much for responding. I did go to my religious class today and I'm so glad I went. It always makes me feel better. Well let's see what happens with my classes this semester. I have until Sep 1st before add/drop ends. Hopefully i'll get an override. Pray for me and inshallah everything will be fine.

Out of curiosity...any one here going to ISNA?

Assalamu alaikum :D

Salaam thank you all very much for responding. I did go to my religious class today and I'm so glad I went. It always makes me feel better. Well let's see what happens with my classes this semester. I have until Sep 1st before add/drop ends. Hopefully i'll get an override. Pray for me and inshallah everything will be fine.

Out of curiosity...any one here going to ISNA?

Assalamu alaikum :D

:D

Failure is part of life it happens.

If you look in the life of the US President Abraham Lincoln (non-Muslim) you'll be quite surprised of the amount of failures he had...

He failed in Business

He failed in Farming

He failed his first attempt at office

He failed in becoming a speaker in office

He failed getting into congress

He failed getting into the senate

He failed to get elected as Vice President

He had other failures...

In the end... what was his result? He ends up becomign President of the United States....

Now if your Muslim, no matter what happens we need to keep trying regardless, and in the end insh'Allah, Paradise is the true success!

Just my 2 cents

Fahid

Al salam alikum jame3an,

what is ISNA? :D

I'm glad you went to your class, and inshaa Allah it will all be juuuust fine :D

Salam

I pray and i pray and ask Allah to help me. Sometimes I feel like he never listens to what I have to say. I feel like i'm loosing my iman. Please make dua for me so that I may regain my iman.

thank you

Sis, I have been through similar and worse. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but it really is not the end of the world. :D maybe later you will see the hikmah behind things turning out this way. Perhaps, Allah saved you from some harm. As for your feelings and thoughts, you really need to fight your nafs and the waswas you are getting. Don't let the waswas turn into your thinking.

There is a hadith. The summary of it is roughly along the lines of this: duaa is accepted so long as a person does not say I prayed and prayed, but He didn't accept it. You have to be patient through thick and thin and to continue to do more duaa and have tawwakal (complete trust, reliance, and dependence on Him) after you tie the camel.

Man plans and He plans, and He is the Best of Planners. Umar radiyallahu anh said something along the lines of Why should I worry, when I do not know what is best for me? So sister, you have to be strong because this is just one of many tests of this life. If we get everything we want immediately, would be grateful and do as much duaa?

May Allah increase your emaan, sabr, taqwa, and tawwakal, make things easier for you, and give you the best for your deen and dunya, ameen.

Sister be patient, we never know what Allah has in store for us and this may be a good thing for you, you just may not realize it yet. It is surely a test for you.

"And he (Iblis - Satan) had no authority over them, except that We might test him who believes in the Hereafter from him who is in doubt about it. And your Lord is a Hafiz (Watchful) over everything. (All-Knower of everything i.e. He keeps records of every person as regards deeds, and then he will reward them accordingly).

Surat 34 Saba' - Ayat 21

Be patient sister and you will reep your reward.

Assalamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters

I totally agree...

You should have Patience.... for Allah loves the Patient people...

Dont loose faith for one incident sister because this world is full of tests... if there were no TESTS than GOOD and BAD wouldn't exist.

Inshallah you will get what you are looking for.

Assalamu Alaikum

All good posts, Masha'Allah.

My two cents worth is, don't lose hope, believe in Allah, he surely love syou thus is testing how much you love Him. :D So don't give up and don't forget to Thank Allah for all you have in your life. :D

With sincere duas,

Your Muslim Sis