Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ashpoem

Logging In

Al Salam alikum,

First of I would like to say Ma Shaa Allah, you are all doing a great job with this form and all the members are very respectful and knowledable people.

I wanted to point out that loggin in is kind of strange..espcially when I came in for the first time... the [log in - resgister] area is in the middle of the page and very small!... yes you do have the colored strip over it but I think it should either Bigger, or Higher.

When you actually click on the link, we are usually used to having the UserName & PsWrd right in our face!.. but you actually have to scroll down! to get to it.

When you get used to it, its okay, but for newbies, such as my self and others Inshaa Allah, its a bit confusing.

I hope my feedback helps

Jazakum Allah Khiern Duna Wa Akhiera, say Ameen :D

Ashraf

Al salmu alikum wa rahmatu alla wa barakatu

PropellerAds

:D

You're right brother, the login strip was up in the page before. The change I made was a few days ago, and it was intended. Actually its a desperate attempt to get people to show any kind of interest in our text ads, now showing up, right under the 'welcome to the (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic forum[/url]' words.

The revenue I get from ads is currently the only thing that supports this forum and keeps it going. I tried donations before, but it didn't work (3 donations in a 6-month period). But members hardly show any interest in the ads displayed altogether. The only ones supporting this forum currently are, strange as it is, guess who: Guests!

Guests are the ones that actually click at these text ads.

clicking any text ad gives us the revenue we need. But that is very rare unfortunately: only 1 percent of guests do so, and almost zero members.

That's why I moved the ads up, so that people see them first, before scrolling down for everything else. I hope this is not too annoying... specially knowing that members dont get to see any of those ads, unless they are not logged in. Once you login, you dont see ads at all, with any of our members' ads-free skins.

Thanks for your concerns brother :D

Al Salam Alikum Mr. dot! :D

Well in that case it's just fine then, scrolling down is the least we could do to support!..I just thought it was bad designing!, I apologize, now it makes more sense. I may not be able to donate money at the moment, but if there is any way I could be of assistance please let me know. I'm a creative person with very minimal experiance! with HTML, CSS & good old photoshop amongst other things.

Inshaa Allah everything will be okay. :D

Al salam alikum.

Salaam,

lol as crazy as it may sound, I'm sure you could get the members here to click on several ads sometimes just to help with the forum support. If it could work, I'd be up for it. It's not much and everyone could do it. If I'm talking nonsense, please do ignore me.

Peace