Islamic Forum
al faqeer

Homosexuality And Lesbianism

llogical,

being naked is the primary physical state, if we are to assume that what comes out in its primary state needs to be left at its physical prime and thus be called natural then what would fall in to this is a disease infested condition. A simple example is human waste, menstruation, etc.

Salaams

And good examples...I would agree that they are natural/secular...No one fights against the urge to relieve themselves...so they are natural and the right of every one.

i never said that it's fine to embrace nature in public..we as a civilized society must live to minimize conflict and with regard of empathy...so that's why it makes sense to have private bathrooms..then again homosexuality can be practiced in private also...where is the conflict?

There is the physical natural, and there is the behavioral nature. The behavior would also be known as the instinct. so nature is state and instinct is reaction.

not sue what u mean by that..nature is a state of being? and instict is the act that's caused by innate nature???

Reacting to what you see as you want. you want to kiss, go kiss. you desire, go seek. you dream, go fulfill.

so what I ask here, if we are to react to nature in the state of nature itself, this would mean when you have a sexual desire, then in the most liberal free claiming thought, you would walk over and seduce instantly. This should also include in the same line of logic, if you have an urge to urinate, you should let go. why bother going to the toilet, just let go, get loose, and let it all hang. "Get in touch with your animal self". a beast one would be.

i am not sure how i came of as someone vouching for public display of 'nature'

again..as civilized humans..we must act with regard of interests of others in mind...to urinate in public is unsanitary and underminding the public..when practicing homosexuality doesn't hurt any one...

there is no trade off between a liberal/ society and sanity..

I can't argue with the fact that homosexulaity is forbidden by scriptures/teachings.

Like i said before..I know that i can't produce a rationale that's more sound then the "divine rationale"...If god says so..every other rationale goes out the window..

i disagree only when people try to prove that there is a human rationale perfectly capable of explaining why homosexuality is wrong.

peace

PropellerAds

you are right, there needs not be a rational to accept. but there always is, the diffrence is, we might not be aware of it. As for unrinating being an offensive act if done in public due to sanitary reasons, we really are unaware if the offense of homosexuality, perhaps it alters in its transgression magnetic fields that effect birds in finding their way home. What I mean is, there is always a side effect where something is forbidden, but we are too narrow in our perceptions and limited in comprehension.

Or simply it harms the people involved, and when you are on this deen you do not want people to be harmed even if their own actions bring that toll on themselves. What others do, is in a way a reflection of what I am or am not doing. hence enjoinging right and forbidding wrong.

Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem

There is no doubt that Homosexuality is harmful to any society. Not only do Homosexuals often get HIV, homosexuality could also destroy families and create numerous other problems.

Everyone in the western world is aware of the above facts, but some say "why does Islam try to interfere in the personal life of people, even if it is harmful, it is still their choice."

Well then we ask the western world: Why have you made suicide illegal?

Why are drugs illegal? Why is it illegal to delibrately drink poison?

Ofcourse there are some satanic secret societies who are trying to slowly legalise all the above... may Allah protect us all from their evil. Ameen.

Peace unto those who follow the Guidance

you are right, there needs not be a rational to accept. but there always is, the diffrence is, we might not be aware of it.

Salaams

Well, if we don't know it, We can't say that it exists.

Bcaz otherwise, An Atheist can say.."there is a good rationlae why God doesn't exist...But we might not/can't be aware of it due to limited brain.If a rationale can't be proven, whether or not it really exist can't be known/ or thye claim wouldn't make sense.

Peace

Salaams

There is no doubt that Homosexuality is harmful to any society. Not only do Homosexuals often get HIV, homosexuality could also destroy families and create numerous other problems

Sure that would be true if we lived in the 70's, It's already been proven that HIV isn't a gay virus/specific to homos...Besdies, If tomorrow, modern science reveals

that homosexuality is a healthy practice, would it bear any significance in the religious world? I doubt.

Well then we ask the western world: Why have you made suicide illegal?

Why are drugs illegal? Why is it illegal to delibrately drink poison?

Is it really? :D ..what's the punishment? :D

Are you confusing it with euthanasia? :D

Peace

Is it really? what's the punishment? Are you confusing it with euthanasia? :D

Ofcourse the Government cant punish people after they kill themselves (duh!) but if they know someone is trying to do it they would arrest him/her (thanks for the euthanasia example by the way. Im not confusing them as they are the same).

Ofcourse the Government cant punish people after they kill themselves

So, U see how much sense it makes then :D

(thanks for the euthanasia example by the way. Im not confusing them as they are the same).

Anytime :D ....And they are not the same ...C'mon bro u could have atleast looked it up b4 saying that.

Now Please, let's get back to homosexuality :D ..doesn't sound right, but u know what I mean :D

Peace

Homosexuality is “unnaturalâ€, a “perversionâ€, an “abominationâ€â€”come on, people. That is just utter nonsense. You have absolutely no scientific, empirical data to back up these speculative and unscientific statements.

There are numerous scientific reports regarding homosexuality but obviously you have not read them or you reject them. Empirical data—using a scientific method involving experimentation and measurability—points to homosexuality being a biological condition, where hormone levels in the unborn fetus play an intricate part. In other words, there is nothing at all that point to homosexuality being a perversion or a sickness. Nothing. Rather, the rate of homosexuality is steady within the vertebrate populations (i.e. both human and animal) with a number hovering around the ~10 percent mark (which definitely suggest that homosexuality is found everywhere, even in societies that ban homosexuality, as well as among animals).

So how does this fit into the religion of Islam? Right now, I really have no idea. I am having a hard time reconciling the damnation of homosexuality as a biological imperative with the concept of a rational and logic Creator. You cannot have it both ways; i.e. if a Creator creates homosexuality as a biological imperative—and, again, everything points to this being the case—you cannot deem it as a capital punishment.

Not one person in this forum can provide objective, scientific data that point to homosexuality being “unnaturalâ€. It cannot be cured. It is not “wrongâ€.

My iman is definitely weak at the moment. I myself am not homosexual nor do I have any friends who are. But they are not ruining the fabric of society and whatnot, rather they—and this is true even in Western countries—have to hide their sexual persuasion from the ignorant who want to bash them or murder them. And for what, something they cannot control? Are they worth less because of a biological condition that forces them to be attracted to their own sex? What about hermaphrodites? Where do they fit in the grand scheme of things?

Man.

Salaam.

Salaams,

One might have an inclination toward homosexuality but the ACT is the sin - NOT the inclination. Perhaps it's like a desire for anything else. Desires can be curbed and controlled. We can't say that when we desire something it's always good for us. What about fighting that desire?

Anyone who thinks that God created homosexuality and people can't control it and then He will punish homosexuals with that which they are unable to control, does not have the right concept of God in Islam.

God is JUST. It is a limited and narrowminded understanding that many have that cause them to think that God will punish someone for something they can not control.

If one CANNOT control it, I'm dead sure, that he will never be punished for it.

The town of Lut was warned and then punished severely... clearly they HAD control.

Peace

Edited by Luv2Learn

Homosexuality is “unnaturalâ€, a “perversionâ€, an “abominationâ€â€”come on, people. That is just utter nonsense. You have absolutely no scientific, empirical data to back up these speculative and unscientific statements.

There are numerous scientific reports regarding homosexuality but obviously you have not read them or you reject them. Empirical data—using a scientific method involving experimentation and measurability—points to homosexuality being a biological condition, where hormone levels in the unborn fetus play an intricate part. In other words, there is nothing at all that point to homosexuality being a perversion or a sickness. Nothing. Rather, the rate of homosexuality is steady within the vertebrate populations (i.e. both human and animal) with a number hovering around the ~10 percent mark (which definitely suggest that homosexuality is found everywhere, even in societies that ban homosexuality, as well as among animals).

So how does this fit into the religion of Islam? Right now, I really have no idea. I am having a hard time reconciling the damnation of homosexuality as a biological imperative with the concept of a rational and logic Creator. You cannot have it both ways; i.e. if a Creator creates homosexuality as a biological imperative—and, again, everything points to this being the case—you cannot deem it as a capital punishment.

Not one person in this forum can provide objective, scientific data that point to homosexuality being “unnaturalâ€. It cannot be cured. It is not “wrongâ€.

My iman is definitely weak at the moment. I myself am not homosexual nor do I have any friends who are. But they are not ruining the fabric of society and whatnot, rather they—and this is true even in Western countries—have to hide their sexual persuasion from the ignorant who want to bash them or murder them. And for what, something they cannot control? Are they worth less because of a biological condition that forces them to be attracted to their own sex? What about hermaphrodites? Where do they fit in the grand scheme of things?

Man.

Salaam.

Walaikum Assalam!

First let us deal with the words used for the people who practice these acts. In the Qur'an (meaning of the translation) Allah :sl: says:

26:165. "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males,

26:166. "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!"

So He is calling them transgressors of all limits.

Then He says (meaning of the translation):

27:55. Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant!

27:56. But his people gave no other answer but this: they said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"

Here He has called them ignorant unclean and impure.

He then states (meaning of the translation):

29:28. And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you.

29:29. "Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway?- and practise wickedness (even) in your councils?" But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth."

29:30. He said: "O my Lord! help Thou me against people who do mischief!"

Here He has called then lewd, wicked and mischievious.

Do you believe that He would make 10% of the people (your statement) do something and then call them these things? Can you tell us why He would do that? Is He not Just, All-Knowing, perfect in His creation, etc.?

Now let us deal with the act from a purely psychological point of view. I believe that many children (male or female) go through a period where he/she has an inclination to like people from the same gender. If there comes an opportunity to put this liking into action, then that person develops it further and becomes addicted to it. The more he/she practices this the deeper he/she gets into it. Thus, the person who resists the temptation is the one who has followed the path Allah :sl: has prescribed for us. The one who succumbs to his/her desires is the one who has failed in this life, and has become a slave of his/her nafs (desires).

I pray that I have been able to convey my limited knowledge to you, and :j: will try to answer any questions that you may have.

Wassalam

Salaams,

One might have an inclination toward homosexuality but the ACT is the sin - NOT the inclination. Perhaps it's like a desire for anything else. Desires can be curbed and controlled. We can't say that when we desire something it's always good for us. What about fighting that desire?

Anyone who thinks that God created homosexuality and people can't control it and then He will punish homosexuals with that which they are unable to control, does not have the right concept of God in Islam.

God is JUST. It is a limited and narrowminded understanding that many have that cause them to think that God will punish someone for something they can not control.

If one CANNOT control it, I'm dead sure, that he will never be punished for it.

The town of Lut was warned and then punished severely... clearly they HAD control.

Peace

:sl: sister!

Your post is quite confusing. Allah :sl: has made us strong. All we need is taqwah. There is nothing we cannot control. The stronger the urge from our nafs, the more difficult, yet rewarding it becomes to overcome it. Allah L:sw: never tests us more than we can endure. For a weak person a little desire will succeed, while in a strong Mo'min, the devil has to try very very hard, and still fail in enticing him.

Wassalam

What if the homosexuality is hormone realted and not in the Girl or boys hands to control ?

are they still punished ? that would not be fair ?

Luv2Learn and Aburafay,

As-Salamu Alaykum,

Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to address my comments. Secondly, I want to apologize if I came across a bit aggressive. It was not my intention to go off like I did; rather I unfortunately let my feelings speak.

Luv2Learn,

Yes, you are right; feelings can be controlled if you have the necessary will power. So the concept of homosexuality among human beings might be a “testâ€, even if it is a biological condition. Only our Almighty Creator has the answers regarding this issue. But personally, I do not wish harm upon anyone and I could never hate a person for being homosexual—there is simply no reason for such behavior. Unfortunately, it seems that some Muslims have a habit of doing just the opposite. We can never convey the true message of Islam to a homosexual person if they conceive us to be hate mongers that want to harm them (verbally or otherwise). So that is what I have a problem with.

Aburafay,

“Do you believe that He would make 10% of the people (your statement) do something and then call them these things? Can you tell us why He would do that?â€

The estimated number of homosexuality (human and animal) is around the ~10 percent mark. This is not my statement; it is empirical data derived from scientists using a scientific method involving experimentation, observation etc.

Allah has created all things, whether these things are subjected to biological inclinations or psychological ones—or if they merely are products of “free willâ€. Our Creator has obviously created everything that exists, so the answer is: Yes, Allah has created homosexuality just as he has created everything that exists. Is there any other answer, brother?

No, I cannot tell you why He would do that, because I do not know. I understand that as much as understand the Islamic concept of free will and predestination, where as both these seemingly paradoxical elements coexist. According to the Glorious Qur’an, Allah knows what choices we are to make and not to make, but we still have the free will to make the choices. Therefore, I cannot claim to understand the reasoning behind the harsh words towards the homosexual population. Can you? The only answer I am capable of coming up with is that He has the power to create a circle that is not a circle—i.e. He is beyond our limited rationale and concept of logic. But that is really more of a philosophical discussion, even if it also applies to this subject.

I except that His wisdom is greater, I really do. But I do not always understand it—just as, I think, nobody always does—and that is the primary reason to why I have so many questions and thoughts regarding the subject at hand. I still believe in our Creator, even if I cannot understand Him or fathom the reasoning behind certain things. But some of these things I think about a great deal, and sometimes I find myself lost in all the thoughts that my psyche concoct.

“Now let us deal with the act from a purely psychological point of view. I believe that many children (male or female) go through a period where he/she has an inclination to like people from the same gender. If there comes an opportunity to put this liking into action, then that person develops it further and becomes addicted to it. The more he/she practices this the deeper he/she gets into it.â€

Of course this is possible, but I do not think that this theory can be the sole cause. If anything, social aspects interact with psychological and biological aspects to form the basis for either a homosexual person or a heterosexual person, even if they both could have ended up being homosexuals (i.e. because of a biological inclination). So, yes, I think that there are more factors to consider than solely the biological ones.

Like I said, I believe in Allah and Islam as given to our beloved Prophet Muhammad. But, at times, my iman seems to go up and down because of things I do not comprehend (to be honest, it is mostly because of the issue of homosexuality). But your comments have made me think—thank you!

Salaam,

Abraham

Greetings, Brothers and Sisters, and Assalamu 'Alaikum. :sl:

My question is: Would homosexuals be accepted into Islam, and shown the same amount of respect as heterosexuals?

I am interested in the Islamic, but am a little concerned, that, if I decided to revert, I would not be accepted, as I, myself, am gay.

I have never been with a woman, so I don't think that I am commiting any sort of sin under Islam, as I believe it is the act of homosexuality that is a sin, and not thoughts?

Although I respect the Islamic religion, I cannot change who I am.

Is it acceptable for homosexual Muslims to pray to Allah, and follow His law? Even if they do all the right things, except one, would they be shunned or accepted?

I'd love for a religion to accept me for who I am - didn't Allah create us all equal? If this is the case, how can I be treated differently than others?

I came across a wesbite which stated the Quran's opinions on the subject. As I cannot post a link just yet, I will quote some of what I have read:

-Kill the one who sodomises and the one who lets it be done to him

-If two men among you commit indecency, punish them both

Does Islam support the killings of homosexuals? Can Islam look beyond a persons sexual orientation, and see them for the good person they are, rather than who they choose to share there life with?

Sorry for the long post, it is just saddening to me that many people condemn me for feeling the way I do, without understanding how I feel. I think this is important, that perhaps Islam could change it's perception of homosexuality if they knew more about it.

I thank you for reading, and look foward to your responses.

Peace

Kyle

First of all, allow me to say that it is better to be a believer and have such homosexual tendencies, than to remain a disbeliever until you die. Allah forgives all sins except dying in a state of disbelief. It is infinitely better that you are rightly guided, than that you are afraid of seeking Islam for fear of persecution.

as I believe it is the act of homosexuality that is a sin, and not thoughts?

I'm sure you have heard of the story of Lot, and allow me to show you a few verses from Islam's perspective:

Surah Al-A'raf

80. And (remember) Lut, when he said to his people: "Do you commit lewdness such as none preceding you has committed in all of the nations?

81. "Verily, you practice your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds.''

82. And the answer of his people was only that they said: "Drive them out of your town, these are indeed men who want to be pure (from sins)!'' So they answered Prophet Lut by trying to expel and banish him from their village, along with those who believed with him. Allah indeed removed Prophet Lut safely from among them, and He destroyed them in their land in disgrace and humiliation.

As you can see, it was because their acts of sodomy that they were punished. Allah created us as two genders so that we can wed one another, beget children, and live as companions to each other. Any acts that are outside of marriage are a sin. And consequently, any sexual acts between members of the same gender (being out of marriage) are sinful. And not only that, but it is outside of the nature of our purpose to engage in same-sex sexual relationships.

However, in Islam, we believe that controlling one's thoughts is the first step to preventing sins, because it closes off all avenues leading to the sins. It does not apply only to homosexuality, it applies also to thoughts concerning heterosexual relationships outside of marriage..

If you believe that you were born with homosexuality and that it is and will always be a part of you, then I hope this will not prevent you from seeking guidance from our creator. Allah is the only being who can aid us in our most difficult times, and the only being capable of lifting burdens from our hearts.

May Allah guide us all on the path.

Salam.

Edited by Redeem

Peace Be with You Sister,

I hope you are well

Islam does not accept homosexuality. However, it is the act that is illegal. If a person desires it in their heart, but strives to fight their desires, then this is a jihad - A struggle against their own desires for the sake of what is beloved to Allah. This would not be considered a sin, in fact would gain reward for striving in the way most pleasing to Allah. Islam is a system that needs to be followed. Nothing can be subtracted or added. Allah created Man and Women to be partners for each other. If Islam was based upon the desires of people, then for certain it would be corrupt.

In the Qur’ân, Allah tells us that homosexuality is forbidden. Allah explains to us their punishment in this life. He says: “The inhabitants of the city came in joy (at the news of the young men). Lût said: ‘These are my guests. Disgrace me not. But fear Allah and shame me not.’ They said: ‘Did we not forbid you from entertaining others?.’ He said: ‘These are my daughters, if you must act.’ Verily, by thy life (O Prophet), in their wild intoxication, they wander in distraction, to and fro. But the (mighty) blast overtook them at sunrise. And We turned (the cities) upside down, and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay. Behold! In this are signs for those who by tokens do understand†[sûrah al-Hijr: 72-75]

Allah says: “We also (sent) Lût: he said to his people: “Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds†[sûrah al-A`râf: 80-81]

Furthermore, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) made it clear that homosexuality is a sin and specified the punishment for the deed: “Whomever you find doing the act of Lût’s nation, then kill both parties.†[sunan al-Tirmidhî]

Here, our Prophet (peace be upon him) clearly states that the punishment for this sin is death.

Even if none of this evidence were available, homosexuality would still be forbidden, simply because Islam expressly forbids any sexual contact out of marriage.

Allah says: “And those who guard their chastity except with their spouses and those whom their right hands possess, for then they are not blameworthy. But those who seek something beyond this are transgressors.â€

This verse clearly delineates the limits of lawful sexual activity.

Allah, in the Qur’ân, also strictly defines whom we can marry. Allah states for the man all the women that he is prohibited to marry and then says that others are permissible, while continuing to refer to those with whom it is lawful by the feminine gender. Therefore, men are restricted to marrying women and women are restricted to marrying men. [Refer to Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 23-25]

Sis, this is something that you have within your capacity to change. It is not something that one is born with, rather it is something that is developed from Society and from encouragement or even considering it something of an option.

Not following something, but knowing what one is doing is wrong, is one thing. Rejecting something is another. Allah made the religion complete, he is Perfect in every way, and the one who Created knows His Creation better than they know themselves. Nor is Islam out-dated. Rather it is the society that is returning back to the ways that is used to be before the Prophets (peace be upon them) were sent.

In Islam, people are judged for their piety and righteousness, and only Allah knows what is in the hearts of people. Therefor, one can not really judge another. Unless, of course, a wrong action is witnessed.

Allah has honored the humans. As humans, we are given an intellect and the capacity to control our desires and know right from wrong. Animals do not have the knowledge of right and wrong, nor do they have shame or the capacity to control themselves. Don't get me wrong, I am not degrading animals, animals are just being animals - it is us humans who try to please our desires and degrade our position by trying to be something we are not.

"Nor can a soul die except by Allah's leave, the term being fixed as by writing. If any do desire a reward in this life, We shall give it to him; and if any do desire a reward in the Hereafter, We shall give it to him. And swiftly shall We reward those that (serve us with) gratitude." [3:145]

ó

"Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." [2:216]

My reply is probably not the best, but I hope that it may have cleared somethings.

May Allah forgive me for any mistakes I may have made

I leave you with Peace

Question of Fatwa In a recent TV show, some lesbians and gays appeared and the announcer said that we should show some more respect to the feelings and behavior of others. He further commented that we should know how to live together and accept others. Myself, I was stunned by such words and could not utter a word. Please enlighten me on Islam’s stance and reply to such deviation.

I know I hold a different opinion on this subject than pretty mcuh anyone here, but I can't see what it wrong with this.

The reason there is so much unrest in this world, what with war, fighting etc, is because we haven't learned to accept each other.

People kill others because of their skin color.

People kill others because they are homosexual.

People even kill others because they have had an abortion.

Even if two of these things are condemned, and even if the Quran says they should be put to death, doesn't mean we should do just that.

Please don't say we should, because you, as a Muslim, should then go and kill all homosexuals if you hold the belief they should be killed. This is taking the Quran literally.

Why do you think there are so many wars? Every single war was started because those people could not accept each other. People like to believe they are better than other people, and this is what starts all the fighting.

We should live together, and accept each other. Let Allah be the judge of me, as a lesbian. You are not Allah, you may be able to tell me your personal opinion, but you cannot judge me like He can.

After all, I can accept you, even after what you have said - why can you then not accept me as a fellow human being? :sl:

Assalamu 'Alaikum

Kyle

I will describe in a nutshell why I view homosexuality as wrong. Two penises don't fit and two vaginas don't fit. However, a penis and a vagina fit. Think about magnets: Like poles repel and opposite poles attract. I mean, why would you be attracted to something you already have??!! Doesn't make sense :sl:

I will describe in a nutshell why I view homosexuality as wrong. Two penises don't fit and two vaginas don't fit. However, a penis and a vagina fit. Think about magnets: Like poles repel and opposite poles attract. I mean, why would you be attracted to something you already have??!! Doesn't make sense :sl:

But can you consider the possibility that people were born this way?

Who can know better than how they were born than a homosexual person? After all, they are the ones who have grown up feeling like they do - would they not know any better than a heterosexual?

To all who have responded to my query, I thank you for the respect I have been afforded. I doubt I would get as much respect from Christians.

While I do believe that I was born this way, and cannot change, I would perhaps like, one day, to accept Allah into my heart and life, and hope that he loves me. After all, did he not create me? Why would he make me this way if he does not like it?

I would like to pose something to you: Orientation is all about attraction, right? No one here is in a same sex relationship, am I correct?

Question: Is this because you are not attracted to members of your sex? Or is it that you are attracted to members of your sex, but have decided to ignore those impulses?

See, I have never been attracted to men, only to women. I knew this when I was very little, and when I got older, I was teased, and beaten at school by students who hated me. I do not think I did anything to deserve this.

Attraction is about love, also. Can you marry someone you are in no way attracted to? Can you be happy with them, being intimate with them, if you feel nothing for them?

Would Allah prefer that I be myself, and follow Him as well, or would He prefer I am unhappy, living a life that I was made for?

I would love for you all to understand what it is like to be gay, but it is very hard for a straight person to understand. Try to see things from my view. You do not have to agree with me, mind. :sl:

Thank you all once again, and also thank you to the Moderator who merged my thread into this one. :no:

Peace

Kyle

But can you consider the possibility that people were born this way?

Who can know better than how they were born than a homosexual person? After all, they are the ones who have grown up feeling like they do - would they not know any better than a heterosexual?

To all who have responded to my query, I thank you for the respect I have been afforded. I doubt I would get as much respect from Christians.

While I do believe that I was born this way, and cannot change, I would perhaps like, one day, to accept Allah into my heart and life, and hope that he loves me. After all, did he not create me? Why would he make me this way if he does not like it?

I would like to pose something to you: Orientation is all about attraction, right? No one here is in a same sex relationship, am I correct?

Question: Is this because you are not attracted to members of your sex? Or is it that you are attracted to members of your sex, but have decided to ignore those impulses?

See, I have never been attracted to men, only to women. I knew this when I was very little, and when I got older, I was teased, and beaten at school by students who hated me. I do not think I did anything to deserve this.

Attraction is about love, also. Can you marry someone you are in no way attracted to? Can you be happy with them, being intimate with them, if you feel nothing for them?

Would Allah prefer that I be myself, and follow Him as well, or would He prefer I am unhappy, living a life that I was made for?

I would love for you all to understand what it is like to be gay, but it is very hard for a straight person to understand. Try to see things from my view. You do not have to agree with me, mind. :sl:

Thank you all once again, and also thank you to the Moderator who merged my thread into this one. :sl:

Peace

Kyle

Men are naturally attracted to women and vice-versa because each gender has something that the other doesn't; a man and woman's sexual organs fit perfectly. However, with homosexuals, they each have what the other does, so I cannot understand how they can possibly be attracted to each other. Men are attracted to women because they are curious to find out what the other gender has that he doesn't, but with gays they already know what's coming so the attraction to find out the secrets of the other gender pretty much disappears. But Kyle, did you stop and think for the reasons why you might be attracted to other women? If it was males that were annoying you as a kid, then maybe you vowed never to give a male pleasure - sexually speaking - and hence decided on women and if it was females annoying you when you were young, then perhaps you are more attracted to females as a subtle way of taking revenge on females; if this is the case then I am assuming that you probably tend to take the more 'leader' role in your relationships. However, don't let your sexual prefrences get in the way of deciding on your religion; if you are convinced of a certain faith then follow it and then work out the homosexuality thing later as so you can work on the more important aspects of the religion which are higher in priority. If you are still unsure, then constantly make dua'a to God and ask Him for guidance.

I hope this helps.

Salam

Men are naturally attracted to women and vice-versa because each gender has something that the other doesn't; a man and woman's sexual organs fit perfectly. However, with homosexuals, they each have what the other does, so I cannot understand how they can possibly be attracted to each other. Men are attracted to women because they are curious to find out what the other gender has that he doesn't, but with gays they already know what's coming so the attraction to find out the secrets of the other gender pretty much disappears. But Kyle, did you stop and think for the reasons why you might be attracted to other women? If it was males that were annoying you as a kid, then maybe you vowed never to give a male pleasure - sexually speaking - and hence decided on women and if it was females annoying you when you were young, then perhaps you are more attracted to females as a subtle way of taking revenge on females; if this is the case then I am assuming that you probably tend to take the more 'leader' role in your relationships. However, don't let your sexual prefrences get in the way of deciding on your religion; if you are convinced of a certain faith then follow it and then work out the homosexuality thing later as so you can work on the more important aspects of the religion which are higher in priority. If you are still unsure, then constantly make dua'a to God and ask Him for guidance.

I hope this helps.

Salam

You have helped me very much. I know you cannot understand why people can be attracted to people of the same sex, but just think - gay people cannot understand why people like others of the opposite sex! It is just as confusing. to us as it is to you!

Hmm, males were not annoying to me, as such. I was 'harmed' by a man when I was 17, but I already had these feelings then. I was just made to feel dirty, but I have moved on from it.

I think I will work out the gay thing later on, when, as you say, I have worked on the more important parts of the religion!

Peace

Kyle

Did any person tell you that you are Gay ? before you started to have those feelings?

There are feelings and emotions that humans have to control and it is one among them.

For example, you got angry for some reason ... Will you continue to have this anger for the rest of your life or will you control your self? Which way is healthy?

Ofcourse there are people who will never want to show the face to each other, but that makes their life miserable. Compare such a person with a person who has forgiven and started to live his life once again...

All the problems are starting because you yourself say that you are gay. But tomorow if you start to say No I am not gay from this point onwards, and will never want to be one.... then you will be one who is against it...

In other words, it was your decision to join gawaher, but if you had made your decision not to join then you will not join ... right?

There are many similar cases, and when they come to know what they are doing is wrong then they simply change...

Well, I have no hatred in my heart, and was not told I was gay. I just grew up, always having feelings for the same sex. I guess it is hard to explain it, because if you don't know what it is like to grow up this way, you cannot fully understand what it is like.

All I want is to be happy. I do not wish to be in a relationship that I am unhappy in. I wish to be in a loving relationship with someone I love, and could spend my life with.

How can Allah prefer me to be unhappy? Surely he would want me to be happy with myself, and my life... :sl: