Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adiBOOM

Quran Question

PropellerAds

:D

I would like to ask you how much knowledge of Islam do you have?

If you don't know much I invite you to learn about Islam and an invitation to the worship of One God (who has no partner), who is absolute, eternal, who begets not nor is he begotten and nothing is like or comparable to him. The God of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon and Jesus (may peace and blessings be upon them) and to know of his final messenger Muhammad (may peace and blessings be upon him) who has come with the final revelation the Holy Qur'an.

As regards to your question there is a difference between the Bible you know of and what is spoken about in the Qur'an. The Bible you know of is more of a collection of writings such an example is the New Testament you have Gospels that are according to an individual, but not according to Christ (as) himself. The Qur'an is the "Reciter" in which the words of God was put in Muhammad's (saw) mouth and therefore is actual revelation and not according to any other person or persons.

The Qur'an speaks of Messengers who have come down with the pure revelation from the All-Mighty:

"Verily, We have sent the Revelation to you (O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam]) as We sent the Revelation to Nûh (Noah) and the Prophets after him; We (also) sent the Revelation to Ibrâhîm (Abraham), Ismâ'îl (Ishmael), Ishâq (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob), and Al-Asbât [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)], 'Îsâ (Jesus), Ayyub (Job), Yûnus (Jonah), Hârûn (Aaron), and Sulaimân (Solomon); and to Dâwûd (David) We gave the Zabûr (Psalms)." (Qur'an 4:163)

You can search for words like the Gospel and Torah in the Qur'an and I'm sure you can easily find more information. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Fahid

Alhamdulillah, a good post ^^.

Note that the original bible doesn't exist, and has been replaced by new ones which have been edited by humans, if im right. In other words, its been tampered with.

Alhamdulillah, a good post ^^.

Note that the original bible doesn't exist, and has been replaced by new ones which have been edited by humans, if im right. In other words, its been tampered with.

which verse in the Quran shows that the Book has been "corrupted?"

its not just about it being curropted, the NT is composed of several books no doubt there may have been several important books missed out in todays Bible as we know it, it is also good to note that even the bilble of the catholics differs from other mainstream christians. So when the Quran talks about the sciptures of the chrisitains it may be refering to somthing that is not preached or available in todays chrisitans teachings.

Edited by slave

Can someone please show me what the Quran has to say about the Book?

Seems to me like the Quran says the Book is good. Where does it say its been corrupted or that the Word of God can even be corrupted, I thought He protected His Word?

Help

Can someone please show me what the Quran has to say about the Book?

Seems to me like the Quran says the Book is good. Where does it say its been corrupted or that the Word of God can even be corrupted, I thought He protected His Word?

Help

God promised to protect the Qur'an as it is the final revelation. There is no mention in the Qur'an that says he protected the Torah or the Gospel.

God says in the Qur'an, refering to the Children of israel:

"So, because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them and made their hearts grow hard. They change the words from their (right) places and have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. And you will not cease to discover deceit in them, except a few of them. But forgive them and overlook (their misdeeds). Verily, Allâh loves Al-Muhsinûn (good-doers. See V.2:112). (Qur'an 5:13)"

God says in the Qur'an about the Gospel:

" And in their footsteps, We sent 'Îsâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), confirming the Taurât (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injîl (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurât (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqûn (the pious. See V.2:2)" (Qur'an 5:46)"

The Injil (Gospel) was given to Jesus :D in which was the message, the revelation at the time. Today there exists no Injil as such, only the Injil of those who are claimed to be the authors such as Mark, Luke, John and Matthew. And the New Testement today is also comprised of other books as it is a compilation of writings from several authors.

And Allah knows Best.

Fahid

OK so heres my next question.

The Bible states many times that the Word of God endures forever. Examples:

""The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, 0 Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever." (Psalms 12:6-7)

Jesus Christ said, "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail' (Luke 16:17).

Jesus also said , "The scripture cannot be broken" (John 10:35).

And God stated His word would not return to Him void: "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: It shall not return unto me void, but It shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

Manuscript evidence proves that just as God promised it in fact has not been corrupted.

Isnt it true that anyone can claim to be a prophet and make wild claims? I can right now say, "Guys Im a prophet, the Quran has been corrupted, this is the new revelation!"

Basicaly what I'm saying is, wheres your proof? When was it corrupted? How?

The original message has been lost......

Isa (as) has never claimed to be Allah nor has spoken about the trinity.

The Quran was the final message for those who may take heed.

Also, there is proof after proof that the Quran has never been changed thus any claim of it being so is refuted.

The original message has been lost......

Isa (as) has never claimed to be Allah nor has spoken about the trinity.

The Quran was the final message for those who may take heed.

Also, there is proof after proof that the Quran has never been changed thus any claim of it being so is refuted.

Thats exactly my point:

What about the proof after proof that proves that the Book has never been changed?

OK so heres my next question.

The Bible states many times that the Word of God endures forever. Examples:

""The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, 0 Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever." (Psalms 12:6-7)

Jesus Christ said, "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail' (Luke 16:17).

Jesus also said , "The scripture cannot be broken" (John 10:35).

And God stated His word would not return to Him void: "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: It shall not return unto me void, but It shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."  (Isaiah 55:11)

Manuscript evidence proves that just as God promised it in fact has not been corrupted.

Isnt it true that anyone can claim to be a prophet and make wild claims? I can right now say, "Guys Im a prophet, the Quran has been corrupted, this is the new revelation!"

Basicaly what I'm saying is, wheres your proof? When was it corrupted? How?

If you wish to turn this into a debate this thread should be in another section of the forums.

I had asked you at first if you had knowledge of Islam but recieved no reply regarding the question.

Please keep in mind what I have been speaking about in this thread.

Those who have studied the Bible thoroughly and the history behind it have given information regarding the lack of authenticity.

The best to answer your questions are the ones who have a great deal of knowledge of the Bible and the Qur'an and I will post up and article from Sheykh Yusuf Estes, who was once a Christian preacher with a very strong background of knowledge of the Bible, which should give you the information you require and provide you with the post link, God willingly.

Allah surely knows Best.

Fahid

Edited by fahid

I have posted the article.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=18632"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=18632[/url]

Please read it so that you may understand the comparison between the Bible and the Qur'an and God willingly, it should answer your questions.

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

What about the evidence that proves that the Book hasnt been tampered with?

Such as the thousands of manuscripts dating back to the early 2nd century that all say the same thing?

What about the evidence that proves that the Book hasnt been tampered with?

Such as the thousands of manuscripts dating back to the early 2nd century that all say the same thing?

What is the original language of the Bible? Which one is not a translation? And Where is it? Some researchers have stated that the current translations of the bibles do not contain the same information as the earliest manuscripts.

What about something like this that shows that what we have is the same as what was written by the original authors...

(www.)"http://concernedchristian#####/nocomparison_bible4.php"]concernedchristian

/nocomparison_bible4.php[/url]

What do you do with this sort of evidence?

There are over 24,000 manuscripts (I believe of the NT) and not one is identical.

The Bible comes in Versions such as the King James Version or the Revised Standard Version which in fact tries to correct the King James Version.

Keep in mind again, the New Testament is a compilation of writings by different authors and many Christian scholars have come to conclusions as to whether the authors are actually the original authors themselves. For example the Book of Luke has Luke speaking to a King whereby the King lived over a century later then the "actual" Luke and so on. We believe in the Gospel of Christ :D not the Gospel according to an individual.

The Book of Mark again has missing portions and some question the authenticity of the last part of the current Book of Mark, for example it quotes that believers will be able to drink the poision without any harm done and that they will be able to speak in all the languages, which of course is untrue.

This isn't just about whether the 2nd Century edition or the current are closer in accuracy, there are more books that have been disregarded. For example the Book of Jubilees or the Book of Nicodemus and the Book of Enoch which are disregarded, and why is that? The Protestants has taken out seven books of the Catholic Bible which questions as to why this is done?

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

The 24,000 Manuscripts is actually above and beyond any ancient document. They all say the same thing with 99.7% accuracy. The minor variations being things like mispellings such as--->> Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Jesus Christ is th Son of God and Christ Jesus is the Son of God. Which basiclly means that it doesnt hinder any of the meaning of the text.

Common mistake is to think that there are many different versions of the Bible. There is a huge difference between the words "version" and "translation." There ARE many translations but they all say the same thing! Languages change over time and this is one of the reasons for the multiple translations. Example would be in KJV it might say something like "gird up your loins" whereas the Revised Standard Version would update the language and say "put on your pants." It means the same thing!

The remark about it being a compilation of writings is actually one of the things that MOST convinces me that it is the Word of God. I mean think about it. Anyone can produce One Book and claims that its the Word of God. Example, Book of Mormon, Quran etc. But to produce 66 books in a period of 2,000 years by different authors from different walks of life in different eras and it all to go together perfectly...and for it to have one main story shows that it all came from One Mind... God.

You mentioned an error in Luke. Have you ever heard of Sir William Ramsay? The Nobel Prize winner? Well he also believed that Luke wasnt a good historian so he set up to disprove his accounts. Luke mentioned many many details in his writings concerning governors,places etc. Here is what Sir William Ramsay found (www.)"http://blueletterbible####/faq/nbi/804.html"]blueletterbible###

##/faq/nbi/804.html[/url]. Conclusion? Ramsay’s study led him to conclude that “Luke’s history is unsurpassed in respect to its trustworthiness†and Luke is a historian of the first rank; not merely are his statements trustworthy . . . this author should be placed along with the very greatest of historians.â€

The New Testament IS the Gospel of Christ. Its the only one there ever has been. Jesus never wrote a single word. He didnt teach out of a book. His life and mission and revelation to the world as revealed to us in the New Testament IS His "Gospel."

Those books you're mentioning as being disregarded are what as is referred to as "Apocrypha Books." Apocrypha means "doubtful." Theyre all in the Old Testament and dont even claim to be written by God. The Jews never considered them Scripture and neither do Christians. Only the Catholics consider them Scripture because those books support certain erroneous pagan beliefs which the Catholics accept. Such as prayer for the dead, purgatory, indulgences.

Wow, I've written alot. But listen the point is, that there is plenty of evidence that proves that the Bible has not been corrupted and that we have the actual Scripture written by the original authors.

It also just makes too much sense that when God revealed Himself to Moses in front of millions of people and said that His Words are forever He meant it. And when He said it in the Psalms, and Prophets He also meant it. And when He said it in the New Testament, He also meant it. Gods Word never comes back void. His Word is pure and lasts forever.

This looks more like a debate.

If your saying that a Compilation of Writings with numerous works is part of proof its the same as speaking about the Ahadith, a compilation of Writings of the words of the Prophet Muhammad :D and there are MANY books and compilations with over 200,000 narrations. There are the Authentic Ahadith Books from Sahih Bukhari to Sahih Muslim to Sunan Abu Dawud to Malik's Muwatta and so on. And from these books are the narrations from his Disciples, his Companions (May Allah be pleased with them) of what he said.

But you see we don't say it is "the Word of God"" from the All-Mighty. Instead we identify in the Ahadith the Sunnah or the Example and the Teachings of the Prophet Muhammad :D and the Holy Qur'an alone is the direct Word of the All-Mighty. And yes we have "doubful" narrations of Ahadith.

I asked before do you have knowledge of Islam, again I have not recieved an answer about that. You can't just say "anyone make a book like the Qur'an", I think you lack any knowledge of the Qur'an. A challenge has been made in the Qur'an to produce one like it to prove that it is not the Word of the All-Mighty, no one could do it.

10% of the New Testament are seen as the Words of Christ :D that isnt sufficient enough to say it is truly the Word of the All-Mighty nor it is sufficient enough to say the NT is the Gospel of Christ (as) in my opinion, but you also have your opinion too.

Have you read the link I provided of the Comparison of the Bible and the Qur'an?

I'm not interested in trying to "sway" you into Islam, I only wish to invite you to it or at least learn it and give you information if you wish and it is your decision to make and only the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth can guide you to the straight path.

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

Edited by fahid

10% of the words in the New Testament are the words of Christ but 100% of the Bible is the word of God.

Theres no proof to say it has ever been corrupted. Besides the Manuscript Evidence etc, according to the words of every single prophet in the Bible: the Word of God cannot be corrupted.

Until you can prove why the Bible shouldnt be trusted, I see no reason to look into something that goes against the Word of God.

The fact is that God is holy. He is just and righteous. He WILL punish sin.

Have you ever told a lie? Stolen anything? Taken His name in vain? Coveted?

If you have you are a lying, thief who blasphemes and covets.

God sees hatred as murder and lust as adultery.

Will you be innocent or guilty on Judgement Day?

God loves justice. Where do you think He should send the guilty?

Heaven or Hell?

The Bible makes it clear that He will by no means clear the guilty.

ALL liars, thieves, idolaters, adulterers, the proud,

God commands all men everywhere to repent because He has appointed a Day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. Has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.

Gods love and mercy was expressed in Him sending His Son Jesus to take due punishment upon Himself in accordance to the prophecies foretold in Scripture 800 years B.C. by the prophet Isaiah:

"He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, The chastisement for our peace was upon Him and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned, each one to his own way and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all" Isaiah 53:50-6

He didnt have to do this. He had no need to do this. He suffered and died on the cross in your place out of grace. Grace is unmerited favor. It was His love for you that drove Him to send you a Savior. That is how much God loves YOU.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

What are you gonna do?

Continue to live your life of sin and rebellion towards God and face Him in all His holiness in the Day of Judgement OR repent and put your trust in the Savior?

I see that you still haven't answered the question nor I do not know whether you have checked the link and it seems you have barely any knowledge of Islam, which indeed is unfortunate.

I do not know your Christian background, if you worship Christ :D as part of the trinity, you then contradicted your own statement, 10% does not equal 100%.

It seems there is no use to discuss further, Imam Shafi (ra) had once said "I debated a scholar and I defeated him and I debated one without knowledge and he defeated me".

I too am waiting for the Day of Judgement, the Day in which a Father nor a Mother can be of any help to you, A Day when the Lord All-mighty will tell you and me of what we used to do and will judge us as he is the Judge.

My advice with your post, go look into the Bible yourself and read what is supposed to be Christ's words "Judge not as ye shall be judged".

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

Those books you're mentioning as being disregarded are what as is referred to as "Apocrypha Books." Apocrypha means "doubtful." Theyre all in the Old Testament and dont even claim to be written by God. The Jews never considered them Scripture and neither do Christians. Only the Catholics consider them Scripture because those books support certain erroneous pagan beliefs which the Catholics accept. Such as prayer for the dead, purgatory, indulgences.

Do you not believe in the book of Mark?

adiBoom,

How do you rely on "scripture" written by unknown authors? Many portions of the Bible are written by unknown people, yet it is said to be from God. Why's that?

The Bible doesn't only contain spelling errors. Tell me is the word "yesterday" spelled the same or sounds similar to "Today?" These kinds of errors also exist in the Bible and do change the meaning.

Do you also not believe in the book of Luke either?

Not having a single original copy of the Bible makes it the uncorrupted Word of God?

adiBoom,

How do you rely on "scripture" written by unknown authors? Many portions of the Bible are written by unknown people, yet it is said to be from God. Why's that?

The Bible doesn't only contain spelling errors. Tell me is the word "yesterday" spelled the same or sounds similar to "Today?" These kinds of errors also exist in the Bible and do change the meaning.

Do you also not believe in the book of Luke either?

Not having a single original copy of the Bible makes it the uncorrupted Word of God?

"20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." 2 Peter 1:20-21

"16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timoty 3:16-17

"8 The grass withers, the flower fades,

But the word of our God stands forever.†Isaiah 40:8

"35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." Matthew 24:35

What does the Quran say about "the Book." The Bible. I wanna see some verses.

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

I'll summarize:

The Qur'an confirms the REVELATIONS to Moses (pbuh) and Jesus (pbuh) but denies that they were accurately transmitted since the point at which they were revealed.

So in short:

TAURAT and INJEEL = Revelations

What was recorded of the "TAURAT" and what the Christians ended up compiling into their "BIBLE" aka "NEW TESTAMENT" AKA "FOUR GOSPELS" does not have a provable chain of transmission to the revealed TAURAT or INJEEL.

W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu