Islamic Forum
Panthera Tigris

Looking After The Wife?

Assalamu alaikum

Not sure if I posted this already.

Brothers should really get their own place before they marry. You can do your duty towards your parents without having to live under the same roof as them and all your grown up brothers and sisters. Living with the brother-in-law is awkward as he is non-mahram and you have sisters who may cause suspicion and jealousy. Not saying all families are like that, just like not all families are Islamic and practising.

Personally, I won't feel comfortable staying with my wife in the room next to my parents'/brothers'/sisters'.

Ideally, get a place as close to your parents as possible.

PropellerAds

:D

yes but it can be a bit expensive to do it right away and can be seen rather rude form ones families perspective

Asalaamualaikum

I agree with the brother. A small one bedroom flat would even suffice at first. When you first get married thats an importat time for a couple and best spent where the two can completely relax in my opinion. The parents may find it upsetting at first but they would get used to it, it is reasonable for a newly married couple to want time for themselves and a place of their own away from other people where they can truely bond. I would personally find it a bit suffocating to be surrounded by family members (who may also not all be mahram to me) when I am first married.

Assalamu'Alikum,

Masha'Allah it is good that you think of you parents as you also think of your wife's needs...aswell as your own. I do understand what you are saying and i fully agree with you. However, sometimes a sister may want some company(like your parents and sisters)...when you are out the house, one does like to be able to have some sort of communication with others...it is better she has communications with family rather then strangers(next door neighbours and so forth). So ideally i wouldn;t move houses straight away...as long as Allah(SWT) has not blessed us with a baby...then i would possibly stay(unless things got heated!). Allahu'Alom...but i would like to move out too...but it also depends on what my wife wants, Inhsa'Allah.

Fee Amanillah,

Wa'Salam.

Asalaamualaikum

yes this is true brother Ehsan a new wife often will want some company also it is important for her to bond with her husbands family and get to know them. For this reason I stillt hink it is better for a new couple not to live in the family home however like brother Luffy suggested find a small place nea to the parents home so they may visit each other without difficulty as much as they want.

Assalamu'Alikum,

Ukthi i agree with both your statements, what i am saying is not everyone is the same...some do have the dreams of living togther for a while...Allahu'Alom.

Wa'Salam.

Assalamu alaikum

It's not really expensive. Parents will come round.

I can't imagine a wife being at home doing nothing. It will be either study or work, if not yet blessed with children. Or she can visit her family or visit her in-laws or invite her friends round. There isn't really any problem.

Salaamualaikum

A sister should have her own home (territory). No matter how sweet and pious a woman is, she is still a territorial being; it's natural in women to "nest" and it's almost impossible to do this in an extended family situation. Eventually it can cause stress with the mother-in-law or sister-in-law and no one wants that to happen.

I agree with you brother, even a small one room apartment would be fine and it would give you the privacy that you both need.

Edited by Y Dietzel