Islamic Forum
desertdweller

Salam Aleikom

:D

I've realized that I am greeted with :D from more non-Muslims than Muslims who are hiding the fact they are Muslim! :D I dont get it, I feel insulted, why can't Muslims spend 3 seconds just saying :D ? Any one else had this happened?

PropellerAds

An Open letter to those who are Muslim by name...

Dear Shameful Eyes,

I see the shame in your eyes,

The identity that is kept secret so you can enjoy this life.

You have worked so hard to follow your desires,

And in the moment you saw my scarf,

You suddenly feel lost.

You realize now you have nothing to hold on to.

When you grow old and are put into the ground,

Nothing will save you,

Not your clothes, money, name, or status.

SALAM

seems to be the totaly opposite with me.

All muslims i know greet me with a "SALAM" and when leaving they say "Allah khafiz"

but i have never been greeted by a non-muslim with a "Salam" :D

wasalam.

:D and :D dd :D

:D  and  :D  dd  :D

:D :D see that's not so hard...my hijab isnt that intimidating!

Don't worry sis dd, i get the same. Whenever I see a sister I greet her, even if i don't know her. Some return my greeting, whilst others look baffled, and some even put their head down as if they didn't here me.

Its a sad state of affairs, but as long as we ensure that we keep saying our salams to muslims, inshaAllah the situation will get better.

interesting, nope no non muslim has said it to me.

some non muslims have told me :D haha.. but i do see ur point.. but no i've not experienced that myself..

A preist of a church said :D to me when he saw me. I was shocked till my dad told me he knows so much of Islam. The priest's church is next to my dad's office. He knows my dad.

How should you reply to a non-Muslim who greets you with :D ?

Say Walaikum......................

once a jewish guys said "shalomalakum" to me... I forget what i did... i think i just smilied or something... but rofi is right... you should reply walakum (to any nonmuslim who sends you salams).

Nonmuslims have greeted me with salam, and some muslims have not... doesnt happen that often though.

Perfectly said asmaa :D

...my hijab isnt that intimidating!

Salaam Alaikum,

Would you also expect the greeting from Muslim men? I hear some sisters complaining of this, but personally, I'd prefer it if they didn't say Salaam Alaikum to me (or anything else ofr that matter).

Salaam Alaikum,

Would you also expect the greeting from Muslim men? I hear some sisters complaining of this, but personally, I'd prefer it if they didn't say Salaam Alaikum to me (or anything else ofr that matter).

it doesnt bother if a brother greets me with :D but half the time i am not able to guess the brother is a muslim just by looking at his clothes & appearance.

Edited by desertdweller

:sl

some paki people say "slam alaikum" instead of proper :sl & i read that taking away the "aliph" changes the meaning to "may God curse you"

Whenever I see a sister I greet her, even if i don't know her. Some return my greeting, whilst others look baffled, and some even put their head down as if they didn't here me.

Its a sad state of affairs, but as long as we ensure that we keep saying our salams to muslims, inshaAllah the situation will get better.

Whenever I see a sister I greet her, even if i don't know her. Some return my greeting, whilst others look baffled, and some even put their head down as if they didn't here me.Its a sad state of affairs, but as long as we ensure that we keep saying our salams to muslims, inshaAllah the situation will get better.

well said :D

yep i've notice that aswel...sisters just look the other way or they give u a bad look! :D

but then again even if the dont reply...the angels still reply to ur :D :D

whilst others look baffled,

haha i see that somtimes, i think there just suprised that a stranger has given them salam.

'Samu Alaikum' means 'Curse be upon you' i think...