Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Abdu-Rahman (Kai)

Flood Of Noah Did Not Cover Whole World:

FLOOD OF NOAH: According to Koran flood of Noah only involved people of (prophet) Noah, whole world is not said to have sunk (as in the Bible). Strongest candidate for "people of Noah" might be developed nation found from bottom of Black Sea, which people did not have time to escape when masses of water from Mediterrean Sea flow into it after straits of Bosbor (in place of modern Istanbul) collapsed thousands of years ago. Another good candidate is "lost Atlantis", that has been with high probability (descriptions of "Atlantis" match) located from southern Spain, as it sunk into sea on the coast.

3:33 mentions Noah as important messenger among others like in 4:163 and in 6:84. 7:64 (and 21:77+25:37+37:82+53:52) mentions that (only) those who rejected message of Noah (people he was sent to) were drowned, no other except Noah is mentioned to have had "sign" then. Inheritors of Noah in 7:69 (and in 37:77 "offspring") are only part of people on earth, ancestors of people of israel. 10:73 people from ark who "inherit the earth" (37:79 "salutation to Noah among the nations") really got it as religions of Aabraham (relative of Noah) cover over 50% of worlds population. 11:40 (and in 23:27 "valley overflows"+54:12) "water came forth from the valley" (Shakir translation) could describe how Bosbor-straits broke, also some heavy rain (54:11) and fountains (Yusufali translation) from ground might have gushed forth at same time, "(take) of each kind two, male and female" does not really mention all species of animals or plants in world, it does not mention animals/plants at all, only humans (his family and those who followed Noah), 26:119 mentions only filled ark ("with all creatures" is interpretation of Yusufali), can be it with humans and food and some animals.

Rest you find from:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/geology_prophecy_history/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/geology_prophecy_history/Islam.html[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/geology_prophecy_history/index.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/geology_prophecy_history/index.html[/url]

PropellerAds

Your links did not work (maybe it is my computer becouse no link worked with me at all today).

The Quran does not say otherwise either. It is true that some say "maybe not the whole world" but that does not rule out the whole world either becouse the Quran does not say it did not. So I would think we should not exclude any of the two cases unless we have suffecient evidence.

:D

I have also heard that it was not the whole world. Scientifically proven that their was a great flood, however no evidence suggests it was the whole world.

Maurice Buccelle who wrote the famous book" The Bible, The Qur'an and Science" I believe had mentioned that it didn't cover the whole world.

I think alot of Muslims in the past had thought so because of the Christian beliefs for example Adam :D had eaten an apple, but no evidence in the Qur'an (or even in the Bible?) that suggests that.

Allah knows Best.

Fahid

Your links did not work (maybe it is my computer becouse no link worked with me at all today).

The Quran does not say otherwise either.  It is true that some say "maybe not the whole world" but that does not rule out the whole world either becouse the Quran does not say it did not.  So I would think we should not exclude any of the two cases unless we have suffecient evidence.

:D

exactly, also i dont think it matters much wheter its whole world or local just learn the lesson from it,

i heard that one of the signs of the end will be that it will rain for seven days?