Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sister in Deen

People Who Are Not Of The Book

Asalaamualaikum I hope all of my brothers and sisters are in te best of health and imaan insha'Allah.

As we know there is much guidance for us in the Qur'an and Hadith about how we should and can interact with people of the book i.e the jews and the christians. However I have always wondered about other religions. How do we know the best way to act with them? Do we base it on the actions as described for the jews and christians? e.g hindus, sikhs, buddhists, etc etc there are so many 'religions' now how can we determine how we act and involve ourselves as Muslims with people of these faiths if they are not considered, 'of the book'

jazak'Allah for any input

Edited by amani

PropellerAds

:D

Well from the aspect of the Da'i (person who does Dawah/Propogation), they treat them in the same way...

Invite (mankind, O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam]) to the way of your Lord (i.e. Islâm) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Revelation and the Qur'ân) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His path, and He is the Best Knower of those who are guided. (Qur'an 16:125)

It depends mostly on the situation. Allah states in the Qur'an:

"Allâh does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allâh loves those who deal with equity." (Qur'an 60:8)

I hope this helps Insh'Allah.

Allah knows Best.

Fahid