Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
*eli*

Do You Remember?

Do you always remember to say 'Bismillah' before eating?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you always remember to say 'Bismillah' before eating?

• Always remember
    • Most of the time
    • Some of the time
    • Rarely
    • Never
    • Other (please state)

:D

This is something so common amongst little kids :D . I was thinking about how mothers should encourage their child to say 'Bismillah' themselves. Its really important that they know its vital. :D

So what about Adults? Does anyone ever forget? :D :D

Your Muslim Sis :D

PropellerAds

Lols.. :D I always say it .. it's been a habit since I was little. :D

This poll reminds me of that nasheed 'Bismillah' in the Album...'I Look I See'

if i dont say bismillah i feel like ive wasted the food :D so alhamduliah i make sure i do

For the most part, I do remember. Can't say I always remember, cuz I do forget at times. :D

I say it most of the time, but sometimes, i do forget. :D

salaam

i try to say it always but i must say that sm times i do forget :D

ma'salaamah

I used to always remember... now I usually remember :D

I try to remember to say Bismillah before eating, but I think I forget sometimes. :D I can't remember if I forgot to say it because my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be. :D

When I get to eat with my little bro, he usually says Bismillah out loud and it reminds me. :D It's cute. Sometimes he says it multiple times before starting to eat, and says it again while eating before taking another bite, :D . I love him so much. :D

masha'Allah bro! ^

Also, do you know if you forget to say Bismillah before eating, you are meant to recite "Bismillahi Wal Akirah" = In the name of Allah, from the beginning to the end. As soon as you remembered that you forgot, or as soon as you realised you didn't say bismillah etc. :D

Please correct me if I am wrong, but thats what I learnt :D.

Your Muslim Sis

Edited by eli_chy05

When I get to eat with my little bro, he usually says Bismillah out loud and it reminds me.

mash'Allah thats great, :D he gets the reward of anyone he reminded. :D Sister eli the whole thing is actually: Bismillaahi fi awwalihi wa aakhirihi (in the name of Allaah at its beginning and at its end)

The prophet :D said, “When any one of you eats, let him mention the name of Allaah. If he forgets to mention the name of Allaah at the beginning, let him say Bismillaahi fi awwalihi wa aakhirihi (in the name of Allaah at its beginning and at its end).†Saheeh hadeeth, narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1859) and Abu Dawood (3767).

:D I almost always have to say this now... sometimes I say it if I can't remember if I said bismillah or not... :D

The duas I learnt are(excuse the poor translitaration):

Before eating: Bismillahi wa'ala barkatillah

If you forgot: Bismillahi aowalaho wa'akhiraho

JazakAllah kair for correction Sister! :D Greatly appreciated. :D

Your Muslim Sis

JazakAllah kair for correction Sister! :D Greatly appreciated. :D

Your Muslim Sis

why'akum habibti :D

Assalamu alaikum

Alhamdullilah, for me it is one of those habits i picked up since i was a little child. :D

Ma'assalama

Salaam,

Alhamdulillah I've been mentioning Him before I eat or drink anything for a very long time now. Sometimes I go a bit paranoid and begin to say things over and over again, even whilst eating. I finish with a duaa of gratitude at the end, whether I've just had a meal or nothing more than a packet of crisps.

It has somewhat become part of meal eating now. Just as you wouldn't forget to wash your hands before you eat or chew your food, mentioning Him before and after (especially before) eating has become almost mechanical. But I do consciously try to show my gratitude.

Peace

Assalaamu'alaykum

I must admit that sometimes I forget but alhamdulillah, I remember most of the time!

There is much wisdom in it I am sure. I for one, used to have a very "sensitive stomach" and would be down with bouts of diahhroea almost every week! But alhamdulillah.. I can't really remember the last time I had anything like that.. in the 2 years i've been a muslim, i think i've only had something like twice! Hey, my case was quite bad, there was once i was admitted into the hospital for food poisoning and stayed there for 5 days 4 nights, and my friend who took the same meal was okay!

Alhamdulillah :D

Wassalaamu'alaykum

Salam alaikum

Now, Im teaching my younger bros and sis to always recite Basmalah before doing something. Once, they feel hard or burden to always say this before do this or that. But now Alhamdlillah, they knew what my intention is and could follow my lesson thoroughly..

Ya know, its sooo glad and unbelivable to meet a 4 year old boy who says Allahs name before he do something. :D

Asalam Alaykum

Only when I remember to say it, I always seem to forget.

This poll reminds me of that nasheed 'Bismillah' in the Album...'I Look I See'

Asalaamo aleykum,

I love that cd !!! :D ..and so do my kids, even they donot understand most of it ! :D

waleykum assalaam,

Sometimes, I forget most of the time.

Although, I have got into the habit of saying the du'a before going to the bathroom and when coming out.

So one down, 73694 to go now.