Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bajabar

Water Rising Throughout New Orleans

PropellerAds

This nation has never had to abandon a major city to resettle its entire population somewhere else. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be the first time, but it may end up that way.

they had a very good debate about this disaster at democracy now with Amy Goodman, I think it's the best analysis so far

www.democracynow.com

they had a very good debate about this disaster at democracy now with Amy Goodman, I think it's the best analysis so far

www.democracynow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Greetings, OneLove.

That really is an excellent discussion of the disaster and the environmental factors that helped to create it. Than you for posting it.

There are many people dead or dying under the rising waters. This is an awful tragedy in a very beautiful, historic city.

JD

:D

Just a side note, Martial Law has been declared.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sciencedaily(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/upi/?feed=TopNews&article=UPI-1-20050830-13071200-bc-us-katrina-la-2ndld.xml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sciencedaily(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/upi/?feed=TopN...na-la-2ndld.xml[/url]

The devastation is brutal to watch. The tragedy is bringing out the patriotic side that was seen after 9/11. America is wounded. Flags are coming out. Its being labeled 'Our Tsunami'

its really sad to see the people suffer in New Orleans, but why does it bring out patriotism? The only One people should turn to is Allah. A flag cant save a person, loving a country cant save a person.... :D

SALAM

so far i hear that 40,000 homes are flooded 10 feet high!

but they are supposely gettin all saved today...?

wasalam.

I pray that people who are looking towards asking for Allah's help in this time of need which happens in tragedy, Allah Willingly, they will be safe and continue there life remembering the Creator who is the Helper.

Fahid

its really sad to see the people suffer in New Orleans, but why does it bring out patriotism? The only One people should turn to is Allah. A flag cant save a person, loving a country cant save a person.... :D

Its uniting Americans as one people, it gives us a common goal, just as 9/11 gave us a common enemy. As Americans we must unit to weather this natural disaster.

Asalaamo aleykum,

On the news here they said about 100 people have dies already, it is very sad :D

The people should really turn (back) to Allah Subhana wa Taala ...

"Or do you feel secure that He, who is over the heaven (Allaah), will not send against you a violent whirlwind? Then you shall know how (terrible) was My Warning? [ Soorat al-Mulk; 67:17]

waleykum assalaam,

Edited by Chaand

To address your question, when people are situated in crisis they usually turn to basic beliefs such as country, religion, etc. The flag is merely a symbol that people use as an extension to fall back on.

as an extension to fall back on.

sounds like people glorify the flag too much :D

i just heard on the news the looting is getting pretty bad now...people are not controlling themselves

Exactly

I could'nt agree more.

Assalamu Alaikum.

i just heard on the news the looting is getting pretty bad now...people are not controlling themselves

People glorify what ever the believe in more so during times of crisis. Even if that may be looting.

Assalaamu'alaykum

I received an e-mail about the fact that there was an annual homosexual celebration in the French Quarters section of New Orleans called Southern Decadence and this calamity occured just days before that celebration.

I dare not post the link because it is a Christian site. Can I?

An excerpt from the article:

PHILADELPHIA - Just days before "Southern Decadence", an annual homosexual celebration attracting tens of thousands of people to the French Quarters section of New Orleans, Hurricane Katrina destroys the city.

"Southern Decadence" has a history of filling the French Quarters section of the city with drunken homosexuals engaging in sex acts in the public streets and bars. Last year, a local pastor sent video footage of sex acts being performed in front of police to the mayor, city council, and the media. City officials simply ignored the footage and continued to welcome and praise the weeklong celebration as being an "exciting event". However, Hurricane Katrina has put an end to the annual celebration of sin.

Wassalaamu'alaykum

Assalaamu'alaykum

I received an e-mail about the fact that there was an annual homosexual celebration in the French Quarters section of New Orleans called Southern Decadence and this calamity occured just days before that celebration.

I dare not post the link because it is a Christian site. Can I?

An excerpt from the article:

Wassalaamu'alaykum

New Orleans is/was a big place for lots of sin ...drinking..everything you can name happens there since the city was built.

Yes, I was expecting comparisons with sodom and gomorrah.

Honestly, these business are no use anymore a lot of these people are just trying to survive, looting for food, water, milk, etc. things that they need. Cause if watched the footage about the people in the Convention Center they have basicly been left there mostly poor blacks with nothing and they didn't loot.

My husband was telling me yesterday, the media continues to tell you about the looting and the havoc some thugs are causing to keep yours eyes off what the government isn't doing. And the media just showed a reporter telling that buses used to take people away from the Convention Center are just sitting there cause they have been told it's unsafe and remember they are ones who didn't loot.

A nickname for New Orleans is "City of Sin" and reminds me of the people of Lut. This patriotism and flag waving and pride they put that before Allah and now is about time that we turn back to Allah.

I sympathize with those who are looting food and other essential supplies, all Americans do, its the people that are stealing the non-essential stuff that we find disgusting. Honestly, what good is a plasma TV going to do you in that situation? We are all shocked at the level of lawlessness that has broken, no American expected this. Even the director of FEMA said they never figured in this much violence. Yesterday someone shot at one of the resque helicopters, I mean how brain-dead do you have to be to do that?

I certainly do not blame God for this disaster.

I sympathize with those who are looting food and other essential supplies, all Americans do, its the people that are stealing the non-essential stuff that we find disgusting.  Honestly, what good is a plasma TV going to do you in that situation?  We are all shocked at the level of lawlessness that has broken, no American expected this.  Even the director of FEMA said they never figured in this much violence.  Yesterday someone shot at one of the resque helicopters, I mean how brain-dead do you have to be to do that?

I certainly do not blame God for this disaster.

True... very sad :D

My husband was telling me yesterday, the media continues to tell you about the looting and the havoc some thugs are causing to keep yours eyes off what the government isn't doing. And the media just showed a reporter telling that buses used to take people away from the Convention Center are just sitting there cause they have been told it's unsafe and remember they are ones who didn't loot.

This is a town where the people have been blatantly looting in front of the police, and at least one officer has been shot. People are firing shots at rescue helicopters. What exactly does your husband expect the government to do that they haven't already done? They are sending in people as fast as possible. Noone expected the lawlessness and anarchy that has developed.

If the government had immediately sent in all the armed troops to help out then the government would have been accused of being too aggressive. The US gets hit with hurricanes every year and rarely has to send troops in to help in the quantity they need to this time.

You have to realize that there is only 1 road that leads into New Orleans at the moment that is usable, and hardly anywhere that a plane can land. The levees have broken and passage by ship to the harbor is impractical. Help is coming, but there is only so much that can be done under these circumstances.

No one had expected damage at such an extent so there will some complications. What we need now is patience (sp?) and we need to provide any help that is possible.

This is a town where the people have been blatantly looting in front of the police, and at least one officer has been shot.  People are firing shots at rescue helicopters.  What exactly does your husband expect the government to do that they haven't already done?  They are sending in people as fast as possible.  Noone expected the lawlessness and anarchy that has developed.

If the government had immediately sent in all the armed troops to help out then the government would have been accused of being too aggressive.  The US gets hit with hurricanes every year and rarely has to send troops in to help in the quantity they need to this time.

You have to realize that there is only 1 road that leads into New Orleans at the moment that is usable, and hardly anywhere that a plane can land.  The levees have broken and passage by ship to the harbor is impractical.  Help is coming, but there is only so much that can be done under these circumstances.

Our government doesn't care about us black people they never have, if you have money you're saved. They have run out of excuses. I guess you didn't hear there has been quite a few proposals to help protect New Orleans from this type of disaster and of course they were turned down. The media keeps reporting the looting, fighting, shooting to make these people look like savages and to take the focus off how the government is screwing these people over like they have been doing for years, even the ones obeying the law have to suffer for what a few are doing. And we are low on troops, hummm....I wonder why? I'm so mad about this I can't talk about it any more.

May Allah make it easy on them. Ameen

As my Maulana explains, that its a vicious cycle America faces year after year. America attacks non-american soil as an act of cruel opression, Allah punnishes them for the deeds in form of natural disasters.

It is established from many Ahadith so I rather accept this explaination.

May Allah guide those who are stranded in any tragedy to imaan before their destined death. Amin

P.S Now please do not take the coments and twist them into pro-tragedy views... May Allah save all from tragedies, and give us all imaan.