Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
--**MinorityOpinions**--

So How Do You Word Fake "gods" And Beliefs

As Salaam Alaikum,

I'm in World Lit right now and we are studying literature from pagan cultures. Of course in Pagan cultures they have all of these concepts of who they believe God is. And many of these cultures believed in multiples Gods, etc, etc. Had names for them and everything.

I would like to know how do you word these pagan beliefs when writing an essay, your notes, etc?

I often put these beliefs in quotes and stuff liek that... anything that would somewhat break down the credibility of it, or show sarcasm.

Do any of you have any speceal ways of wording stuff like this? And what about stuff that only points you to the bible as facts?

Like right now I am studying these 3 groups that are mentioned in the bible. So alot of the links that are showing up in the search engines are verses from the bible. What do I say on that? Lol.

Do I go "Well Christians believe that the Phalistines were this and this"... but then I feel that I wont sound credible with my "facts". lol

salaam

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum

Can you give another example?

I don't think you need to put in quotes.

As Salaam Alaikum,

Well what I am saying is how do you form proper, non-offenseive, but yet uncontradctory to your own belief, sentences when you are discuissing other people's beliefs?

Like today I was presenting in class and I was constantly checking myself, I was asying "Dagon was a God--- Well people believed that he was a God" (obviously Dagon was not a God).

Like do people have their own way of saying stuff like this?

salaam.

:D

You wirte it in lover case ie gods

It's not a big deal IMO, Allah knows what's in your heart.

Assalamu alaikum

Or you could just say / write - the xyz people / culture believe (believed) that Dagon was a god

But writing god in lower case is also fine

Assalamu alaikum

Or you could just say / write - the xyz people / culture believe (believed) that Dagon was a god

But writing god in lower case is also fine

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.summit(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/resource/essay/show_essay.php?essay_id=29"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.summit(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/resource/essay/show_...php?essay_id=29[/url]

try this.