Assalamu alaikum

Please excuse my ignorance :D , but what is it? :D

Ma'assalama

:D

yes sister, weed, charas etc are drus that harm your body:(

so they are haraam :D

yes its haram as it intoxicates you, and belive me sis you dont want to smoke weed i know this guy who has been using it since he was in year 10 in high school and now his mently ill.

Edited by slave

Asaslamu alaikum

Cannabis is it? I have been informed that it is not intoxicating.

Q: Is cannabis harmful to health?

A: No, not pure cannabis. See The Lancet and Judge Young, The Merck Manual, LaGuardia, Wootton, Shafer, Jamaican Studies, Costa Rica Studies.

Q: Is cannabis a drug?

Q: Is cannabis poisonous? / Is there a fatal dose? A: No. It has been established that there is no conceivable toxic amount of cannabis for human beings. Medicinal substances frequently have a dosage above which death may follow after consumption. This quantity is known as the LD-50 rating - that is the dose above which 50 per cent of animals tested have dies. It has never been possible to give enough cannabis to an animal to kill it. It is estimated that the LD-50 for cannabis is around 1:20,000, which means that an average human would have to be given at least 20,000 times as much cannabis as is contained in the average joint or spliff. Based upon the dosage supplied to patients on the NIDA program in the USA, this would mean consumption of some 1500 pounds in weight of cannabis within 15 minutes to induce death. This of course is impossible and cannabis can accurately be described as non-toxic.

The figure of 20,000, sometimes quoted as 40,000, was based upon research carried out in the laboratory on mice using concentrated THC.

Q: Does cannabis intoxicate?

A: Not in the sense of losing control, which is what intoxication does. Toxins produce intoxication; cannabis is not toxic. The word "intoxicate" is semantically incorrectly applied to cannabis.

As well as from a non-Muslim colleague who I assume has tried it... aye...

Cannabis is it? I have been informed that it is not intoxicating.

lol i dont think youve seen som1 high then

there is alot of evidence to suggest canabis leads to mental illness

Edited by slave

I think it depends on the purity of the cannabis.

I don't think being "high" is enough to make it haram. I trust my colleage when he says it is not intoxicating. I think i tis possible for something to give you a high and not be intoxicating. Compare drivers who have had cannabis to those who have had alcohol.

there is alot of evidence to suggest canabis leads to mental illness

I wasn't convinced by the BBC articles. I mean mentally ill people will abuse themselves with anything and they may have brain problems already anyway.

there's more here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.drugwardistortions(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/distortion18.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.drugwardistortions(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/distortion18.htm[/url]

Edited by Luffy

I think it depends on the purity of the cannabis.

I don't think being "high" is enough to make it haram.  I trust my colleage when he says it is not intoxicating.  I think i tis possible for something to give you a high and not be intoxicating.  Compare drivers who have had cannabis to those who have had alcohol.

when som1 is high they talk alot of rubbish, and laugh alot, and somtimes their sexual urges are increased etc,

you tellin me this aint haram? when 1 loses control of his mind he cannot offer salah, even the imam on Islam channel the abu hanifah i think his name is said the thing that some somalians chew is even haram becuase it makes them a bit high, in other words it induces an unatural feeling of euphoria.

That's the question, does somenoe using cannabis go "out of their mind" like alochol? My colleague said no.

Edited by Luffy

That's the question, does somenoe using cannabis go "out of their mind" liek alochol?  My colleague said no.

alchohol and weed have differnt effects, the effects of weed are more enjoyable and safer to an extent.

Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah, who said: “This solid grass (hashish) is haram, whether or not it produces intoxication. Sinful people smoke it because they imagine it producing rapture and delight, an effect similar to drunkenness. While wine makes the one who drinks it active and quarrelsome, hashish produces dullness and lethargy; furthermore, smoking it disturbs the mind and temperament, excites sexual desire, and leads to shameless promiscuity, and these are greater evils than those caused by drinking. This perverted habit has spread among the people after the coming of the Tartars. The hadd (prescribed punishment) for smoking hashish, whether a small or large amount of it, is the same as that for drinking wine, that is, eighty or forty lashes.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503545310"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...d=1119503545310[/url]

So just what does cannabis do? How does it make you feel?

This first thing to know is that cannabis comes in many different varieties, which all have different versions of the same effect. Unike almost every other recreational substance, cannabis is not a single drug.

Different strains of cannabis produce different versions of being stoned due to varying amounts of active ingredients. Different strains - or varieties - of cannabis contain different balances of active chemicals - see the panel opposite.

To try and describe what it is like to feel stoned to someone that hasn't been there is very difficult, but the first thing to know is it is nothing like being drunk.

Whereas being drunk can change the personality of the drinker and make him or her unaware of who and where they are, Cannabis users are very much still "there" and aware of the world around them.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:8XsYBT6And8J:www.ukciarg/culture/effects/effects.php+cannabis+makes+yourunk&hl=en&client=firefox-a"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:8XsYB...lient=firefox-a[/url]

akhi i,m not disagring with you that getiing high is not the same as geting drunk but trust me on this getting high DOES change your mind,

it makes the littlest thing funny, and somtimes you just cant stop luaghing,

anyway refer to what i posted above i think its explained clearly

alchohol and weed have differnt effects, the effects of weed are more enjoyable and safer to an extent.

Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah, who said: “This solid grass (hashish) is haram, whether or not it produces intoxication. Sinful people smoke it because they imagine it producing rapture and delight, an effect similar to drunkenness. While wine makes the one who drinks it active and quarrelsome, hashish produces dullness and lethargy; furthermore, smoking it disturbs the mind and temperament, excites sexual desire, and leads to shameless promiscuity, and these are greater evils than those caused by drinking. This perverted habit has spread among the people after the coming of the Tartars. The hadd (prescribed punishment) for smoking hashish, whether a small or large amount of it, is the same as that for drinking wine, that is, eighty or forty lashes.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503545310"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...d=1119503545310[/url]

hashish produces dullness and lethargy - that is subjectiove as different people will have different reponses such as relaxation, pain relief, etc.

excites sexual desire: black seed is also claimed to be an aphrodisiac.

Fornication: the way cannabis affects the mind being different from alcohol, implies that such a cannabis user would have fornicated anyway, regardless of having cannabis.

It would be nice ot see a decent clinical trial.

marijuana is less addictive than caffeine.

The fact of the matter is that people who consume it turn to it as a source of pleasure and relaxation which, in addition to the concerns about forbidden intoxicants, opens the door to shirk...because pleasure and relaxation should be sought from Allah and not from something that is illegal and intoxicating.

AS

^^I was under the impression that any substance that changes your body's physical and psychological state is a drug, and drugs are haram. Therefore, "getting high" is haram.

Why would someone want to take something harmful to your body just to experience a temporary state of euphoria?! :D

Put on rollerblades and jump the leap of faith ?  :D  :D

AS

Asalahmo Alaikum, With respect...

Why get high anyway? whats good about sitting in a corner and being stoned?

If thats what you call being high then i would rather stay with both feet firmley on the ground also:

1: Why waste your money which you will be held acountable for InshahAllah.

2: You will be in a state of intoxication do you understand what that means?

3: The money could be used in far better ways.

4: Can you afford to spend so much money on non essential items and your fellow bretheren are starving?

Assalamu alaikum

1. Is it harmful? It is said to be less harmful then cigarettes and coffee/caffeine. As far as I am aware there have been no decent clinical trials.

2. It does not intoxicate like alcohol. And is t actually a "toxic" substance?

This is not a thoelogical debate, so don't bring shirk into it.

Being high is NOTHING....i repeat NOTHING like being drunk...And no it doesnt make you lazy, but if you are lazy its very easy to blame the weed.

I would say the majority of the people here prefere to smoke than to drink.

- a Cannabis smoker.

Cannabis comes in different strenghts, smoking a stronger weed does have mind-altering effects. But lower quality weed will 'mellow out' the user and help them relax, some multiple sclerosis sufferers use it to this effect.

Long term effects of cannabis use aren't known yet, though memory loss and schizophrenia are likely suspects.

Muslims should not use recreational drugs. We need to keep our mind and thoughts clear, to appreciate our relationship with Allah :D

The state of mind reached by worship and remembrance of Allah :D is far superior to the illusions of euphoria experienced with drugs.

Maybe cannbis can help in worship and amplify concentration in salah? I wouldn't know as I haven't used it.