Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rofi

Al Qaeda Claims Responsibility For London

:D

A video of a man claiming to be one of the four bombers behind the 7 July Tube attacks which killed 52 people has been shown on Arab TV

The man, who said he was Mohammad Sidique Khan, 30, talked about his motives on a tape on al-Jazeera.........

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4206708.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4206708.stm[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_today.reuters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-09-01T203324Z_01_HO173384_RTRIDST_NEWS-SECURITY-QAEDA-KHAN-DC.XML"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_today.reuters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/newsArticle....EDA-KHAN-DC.XML[/url]

PropellerAds

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Al-Qaida's No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri, claimed responsibility for the July 7 London bombings in a video aired Thursday on Al-Jazeera that included a farewell statement by a man identified as one of the four suicide attackers.

It was the first explicit claim of responsibility for the blasts by the terrorist group headed by Osama bin Laden.

Al-Zawahri threatened the West with "more catastrophes" in retaliation for the policies of President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

He did not say outright that his terror group carried out the bombings on the London transport system that killed 56 people, but he said they were a direct response to Britain's foreign policies and its rejection of a truce that al-Qaida offered Europe in April 2004.

"I talk to you today about the blessed London battle which came as a slap to the face of the tyrannical, Crusader British arrogance," al-Zawahri said. "It's a sip from the glass that the Muslims have been drinking from."

"This blessed battle has transferred - like its glorious predecessors in New York, Washington, and Madrid - the battle to the enemies' land, after many centuries of the battle being on our (Muslim) land and after (Western) troops have occupied our land in Chechnya, Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine."

After the Madrid bombings in March 2004, bin Laden was reported to have offered European countries a three-month cease-fire in which he invited them to consider his demands.

Al-Jazeera's newscaster said the al-Zawahri tape contained a video recording by one of the suicide bombers who took part in the July 7 attacks.

Speaking English with a heavy Yorkshire accent, the bomber, Mohammad Sidique Khan, said he had forsaken "everything for what we believe" and went on to accuse Western civilians of being directly responsible for the terror attacks that befall them.

"Your democratically elected governments continuously perpetuate injustice against my people all over the world, and your support of them makes you directly responsible, just as I am directly responsible for protecting and avenging my Muslim brothers and sisters," Khan said.

Khan was shown wearing a red-and-white checked keffiyeh and a dark jacket. He had a trimmed beard and appeared to be sitting against a wall lined with an ornate carpet.

In the video, the image of Khan resembled photos of him published after the deadly attacks.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_apnews.excite(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/20050901/D8CBMI509.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_apnews.excite(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/20050901/D8CBMI509.html[/url]

As salamu alikum

Was just watching it on BBC a while ago ...

This is so bad for the image of Muslims. So very bad.I can see more revenge attacks coming on innocent muslims around the UK...

Sure, he may not have been the bomber, but the tape has been aired and it has been assumed he is the bomber.

Innocent people got hurt in the attacks, thats not Islam.

Wa alikum salam

Jazak Allah khairun 4 sharing the news...

er..anyway we can watch the video? has it been released?

May Allah Have mercy on us all. May Allah guide us all. Its very sad to see a waste of a life. The Killing of a musil or no muslim alike is very sad. The words of the dear brother are very true. Its very sad to hear this brother had alledgely had to resort to killing so many innocent people. The brother was well educated and well informed from what i make out from the media. Such a waste of life.

May Allah Have mercy on us all. May Allah guide us all. Its very sad to see a waste of a life. The Killing of a musil or no muslim alike is very sad. The words of the dear brother are very true. Its very sad to hear this brother had alledgely had to resort to killing so many innocent people. The brother was well educated and well informed from what i make out from the media. Such a waste of life.

Muslim, sorry could not edit my post.

The Muslim boyfriend of one of the bomb victims condemned the terrorists' broadcasts as "wrong and all lies".

Gous Ali's girlfriend Neetu Jain, a Hindu, was killed in the explosion on the No 30 bus in Tavistock Square.

Mr Ali, who has studied Islam, said: "I just want to go on national television myself and expose their lies.

Story from BBC NEWS:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/4206708.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/4206708.stm[/url]

Published: 2005/09/01 22:48:26 GMT

Well, well. It looks like your "poor innocent brother" wasn't so innocent afterall.

There are some on this board that prayed for this murdering scumbag's soul to enter paradise. Misguided loyalty aside, i was wondering if anybody would care to retract their heavenly request, or is that too much to ask from such a "close-knit" community?

Can you imagine the fallout from this video if the attacks had happened in China, India or Russia?

Thank your lucky stars that you live in such a tolerant society.

Tolerance, however is finite, and the elastic band is at breaking point. It's time to stop doing the ostrich impression.

To declare war on the British people, in a Yorkshire accent, by' gum them's a funny lot!!!

believe the tape is fake

Of course you do, because you don't like what it says. If the tape said the US was behind the bombing, you'd be first in line to believe the tape is real.

I heard that this tape is part of another one released along time ago? Before the London attacks. That’s weird.

It seem the video could be a year old...

The Muslim boyfriend of one of the bomb victims condemned the terrorists' broadcasts as "wrong and all lies".

I don't get what he means by lies... can someone pls explain

I can understand the bombers sentiments but still it's wrong to intentionally bomb civilians. :D And I still find it hard to believe that they wanted to kill civilians with so many non-civilian targets.. can't understand why.

May Allah forgive him & save him from the punishments of the grave and the hereafter.

And didn't the bombers family see them act weird the day before or on that day? :D

According to the video, the civilians were targets because they re-elected Tony Blair..........

According to the video, the civilians were targets because they re-elected Tony Blair..........

That's so sad.. we don't have to stoop down to thier level & kill civilains intentionally. If it was collataral damage then it would be different but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

believe the tape is fake

I was wondering how long it would take for someone on this board to claim it was fake. It took longer than I thought.

I don't get what he means by lies... can someone pls explain

After reading his whole quote I believe that he means that their claim that they are doing it in the name of Islam is lies because Islam does not allow the killing of civilians which Al Qaeda supports.

I take it everyone has seen the video...also shown (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_4200000/newsid_4206800/bb_rm_4206870.stm"]here[/url]

soo what do u really make of it?

As this is an open forum...i feel a bit reluctant to spill out ALL my views and thoughts....but

like he said on the video...

"i ask you to make dua for me from Allah Almighty to accept the work from me and my brothers...."

May Allah swt forgive all our sins...and grant all the muslim brothers and sisters a high rank in Paradise. ameen

Edited by SevenEightSix

May Allah swt forgive all our sins...and grant all the muslim brothers and sisters a high rank in Paradise. ameen

Even the ones who proudly kill innocent civilians in the name of Allah?

Even the ones who proudly kill innocent civilians in the name of Allah?

hmm like i say...May Allah swt forgive all our sins...whatever the sins may be...InshALLAH

Only Allah swt knows the truth.

I can't say whether the tape is real, fake, or whether Al-Qeda did what they did.

However, I DO ask Allah to send those who go out of their way to establish an Islamic Shariah Jannat.

I can't say whether the tape is real, fake, or whether Al-Qeda did what they did.

However, I DO ask Allah to send those who go out of their way to establish an Islamic Shariah Jannat.

Really? Even if this involves someone blowing up YOUR family on the way to work. These bombers were scum.

I take it everyone has seen the video...also shown (www.)"http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_4200000/newsid_4206800/bb_rm_4206870.stm"]here[/url]

soo what do u really make of it?

As this is an open forum...i feel a bit reluctant to spill out ALL my views and thoughts....but

like he said on the video...

"i ask you to make dua for me from Allah Almighty to accept the work from me and my brothers...."

This is sick. The man (loose term) is a MURDERER!!

If some Combat 18 nutcase walks into a North london Masjid on Friday afternoon and takes out 50 muslims, would you offer him the same mercy request.....i doubt it.

It seems murder is negotiable when committed by a muslim.