Islamic Forum
Yasnov

Atheists, Please Explain The Origin Of The Universe

Salam,

I am curious to know how the atheists explain the origin of this universe ...

Wassalam,

Y

PropellerAds
Salam,

Wassalam,

Y

Secular atheists generally subscribe to scientifically-backed rapid expansion models, namely the Big Bang. It is thought that the universe was spawned from a gravitational singularity, and expanded into its present state over a period of roughly 13.7 billion years. The confidence in such models vary. The history of the singularity (if it can be called history, since time is not known to extend backwards beyond the Planck Epoch) is wholly unknown.

Salam,

Wassalam,

Y

Salamz

IMO...Bit what hatsoff explained about big bang... a pea size iniverse exploded about 14 billlion years ago and have been expanding since then. Now naturally you would probably want to kno where did the pea come from.

So to cut to the chase, no one knows. Whats the primary cause if such thing exist? No one knows.

Kinda like no one knows where God came from, no one knows where the pea came from..atleast not yet.

peace

Human beings have very limited knowledge and they are so powerless that they cannot make an atom of nothing. On the contrary, Allah is the All-Knowing and the All-Wise and He is the Creator who has created everything.

Salam,

Wassalam,

Y

This universe? The Big Bang.

So, according to logics and reasons, which one is correct?

1. The universe came from nothing/nowhere, or

2. The universe always existed.

Wassalam,

Y

This universe? The Big Bang.

Can you tell me what the theory says about the Big Bang? Is it true that the universe came from nothing according to the Big Bang?

Wassalam,

Y

Can you tell me what the theory says about the Big Bang? Is it true that the universe came from nothing according to the Big Bang?
I would think that is illogical. Something cannot come from nothing. Nothing is by definition, nothing. It does not exist, cannot exist and cannot influence anything because it does not exist.

Our knowledge prior to the Big Bang is at worst non-existent and at best guesswork.

Our knowledge prior to the Big Bang is at worst non-existent and at best guesswork.

Does logics include guesswork? What is the percentage of the guesswork to be correct?

Wassalam,

Y

Does logics include guesswork? What is the percentage of the guesswork to be correct?

Logic is not guesswork. If you guess, you are not acting on evidence but presumption, interpretation and/or logic (for knowledgable guesses).

What is the percentage of guesswork to be correct? Eh? On what? The Big Bang?

What is the percentage of guesswork to be correct? Eh? On what? The Big Bang?

Since you think the origins of the universe can be explained by the big bang (really?), can you please explain to me where the matter in the big bang come from?

Wassalam,

Y

Since you think the origins of the universe can be explained by the big bang (really?), can you please explain to me where the matter in the big bang come from?

I don't think the origins of the universe can be explained by the Big Bang. And I do not know anything prior to the Big-Bang.

Wassalam,

Y

Salamz

IMO...they are equally possible.

time is relative and existence from scratch is beyond explaination ( kinda like God)

Guess work is a bit vague choice of words but probability can be form of logic.

like a coin tosss has a 1/2 chance of draw, a red king hearts has 1/26 cance of draw bla bla.

so u can logically speaking, a coin toss has a higher probability of draw then a red king.

I wonder where is he going with all this... :sl:

peace

Edited by llogical

Peace

Reading this topic title, I came here and was about to close it, on the ground that it invites members to violate our forum rules (promoting other belief systems). But reading on, I guess this topic on the contrary is very beneficial. It exposes you atheists, and I really feel pity for you. Well educated and intelligent as you are, its a shame that you cling to this larger-than-life funny theory. As you said above "I do not know anything prior to the Big-Bang".. "Our knowledge prior to the Big Bang is at worst non-existent and at best guesswork." There you go, you totally exposed yourselves and your fragile theory. So much for logic and philosophical big words.

"I wonder where is he going with all this..."

Hang on, this could be the topic of your lifetime.

"Something cannot come from nothing." now you're talking.

So there must be a creator then, who created the thing that started the big bang.. guess who could that be?.. come on, you can do it. Drop the rusty stubborn cells, and start breathing for real. You can do it. It takes some guts, but there are times when you really must face it.

Peace

Reading this topic title, I came here and was about to close it, on the ground that it invites members to violate our forum rules (promoting other belief systems). But reading on, I guess this topic on the contrary is very beneficial. It exposes you atheists, and I really feel pity for you. Well educated and intelligent as you are, its a shame that you cling to this larger-than-life funny theory. As you said above "I do not know anything prior to the Big-Bang".. "Our knowledge prior to the Big Bang is at worst non-existent and at best guesswork." There you go, you totally exposed yourselves and your fragile theory. So much for logic and philosophical big words.

It is not 'my' fragile theory. The only thing that your complaint appears to reveal is that we cannot make any certified presumptions on the state of affairs prior to the Big bang - which scientists generally do not and which scientists will never do unless we discover evidence showing us the state of affairs then.

So there must be a creator then, who created the thing that started the big bang..

Why do you conclude that? All the premise 'Something cannot come from nothing' indicates is that something cannot come from nothing. Concerning, the universe - it provides a standpoint to argue that existence is infinite and that there was no point of origin.

The only deduction you can make from 'something cannot come from nothing' concerning the Big Bang is that it must have been caused, not 'created' and not by a 'creator'. That is a just a God of the Gaps. I liken it to making up an answer. It might be satisfying, but the fact remains it is made up.

guess who could that be?

Thor? Zeus? Odin? Shiva? The FSM?

.. come on, you can do it. Drop the rusty stubborn cells, and start breathing for real. You can do it. It takes some guts, but there are times when you really must face it.

I can't pretend to know what you mean by this other than a request that I conclude what you're concluding. No can do, friend.

Edited by Skavau

I don't think the origins of the universe can be explained by the Big Bang. And I do not know anything prior to the Big-Bang.

You confidently answered that the universe can be explained by the big bang in your post #5? No?

IMO...they are equally possible.

Yes, they are equally possible. But what does logics say about them?

Guess work is a bit vague choice of words but probability can be form of logic.

What probability laws being used here that ...

In what logics these possibilities are based on?

like a coin tosss has a 1/2 chance of draw, a red king hearts has 1/26 cance of draw bla bla.

so u can logically speaking, a coin toss has a higher probability of draw then a red king.

I wonder where is he going with all this... :sl:

Well, if you resort to this kind of probability, then surely the theists are having a higher responsibility of being correct, Which is 50/50?

Wassalam,

Y

Peace Dot,

It exposes you atheists, and I really feel pity for you.

Many thanks, showing pity for morons such as I demonstrates great strength in your character.

Wassalam,

Y

According to the Big Bang model, neither is correct. As I said, the universe probably "came from" a gravitational singularity.

It came from the gravitational singularity.

I can't figure you out guys. If you're not convinced that we Muslims are on the true path, what makes you so confident of your atheist path, if your theory blacks out beyond the big bang?

If you don't know, if your atheism doesn't give you the answers, why be so faithful to it?

If you consider what the Quran told us is just a non-proven theory, then simple logic requires that you come up with counter facts. But all you have is nothing, a knowledge black hole. That's why you need to abandon your dark roads and come where everything makes sense.

Peace

Expressing ignorance is sometimes the most honest--and therefore best--thing a person can do. I don't claim to have all the answers, and I'm content to accept certain mysteries of the universe. One day perhaps we will understand more about the origins of the universe. For now, the scientific community is doing what it can--and what we've discovered is really quite amazing, considering our limited perspective. You evidently feel this "exposes" us. I quite agree, and rather than being ashamed, I'm very satisfied with what has been shown. Atheism is not a religion, nor does it promise answers by fiat. We investigate the natural world to the best of our abilities--no more, and no less.

"I wonder where is he going with all this..."

Hang on, this could be the topic of your lifetime.

So there must be a creator then, who created the thing that started the big bang.. guess who could that be?.. come on, you can do it. Drop the rusty stubborn cells, and start breathing for real. You can do it. It takes some guts, but there are times when you really must face it.

The universe didn't come from nothing. It came from a gravitational singularity--at least, according to most rapid expansion models.

I can't figure you out guys. If you're not convinced that we Muslims are on the true path, what makes you so confident of your atheist path, if your theory blacks out beyond the big bang?

If you don't know, if your atheism doesn't give you the answers, why be so faithful to it?

If you consider what the Quran told us is just a non-proven theory, then simple logic requires that you come up with counter facts. But all you have is nothing, a knowledge black hole. That's why you need to abandon your dark roads and come where everything makes sense.

First of all, faith has nothing to do with it. Atheism is justified on epistemic grounds which pave the way to precluding belief in a deity without sufficient evidence. Second, organized religions such as Islam, Christianity and Buddhism are demonstrably false.

It came from the gravitational singularity.

Where the singularity came from and how it suddenly appeared?

Wassalam,

Y

Peace Dot,

Many thanks, showing pity for morons such as I demonstrates great strength in your character.

I hope you were not offended, I only said it in true sincerity. I dream of the day we can help even a single on of you guys reverting to the true path. It could take years, but we'll always be there for you.

Where the singularity came from and how it suddenly appeared?

As I mentioned before, that is wholly unknown. General relativity is thought to break down at a singularity, and so might spacetime itself, so it is essentially impossible at the present time to test any hypotheses about the origin of the phenomenon.