Islamic Forum
IbrahimMuhammed

God Bless You?

:sl:

At work on Friday I offered to lift a heavy box for our receptionest. Upon returning from my heavy lifting ( :no: ) the receptionesy, Paula a 60yo Catholic woman, said to me "God Bless You"...................

It got me thinking, what is the Arabic 'version' of this? :sl:

She knows Im Muslim so I was going to reply with something in Arabic, so is there an Arabic saying that is similar to "God Bless You"?

PropellerAds

Salams,

hmm in arabic..Not sure...

But we say Allah razı olsun in Turkish.

It means like "may Allah be satisfy by your deed". I hope i didnt write anything wrong linguistically. :sl:

I suppose I could of responded with "Jazakallah Khair" and then explained to her the meaning?

Wow Allhumdalillah... I was just about to write.. you could say JazakAllah Khair..

God Bless you is this in Arabic :sl: (this is for a group)

for a woman, Baraka Allahu feeki

But why do you want to say it in Arabic?

But why do you want to say it in Arabic?

Because like alhamdulillah, he wanna say that "god bless you" thing more Islamic.

Because like alhamdulillah, he wanna say that "god bless you" thing more Islamic.

Exactly. Why would I not want to say something in Arabic.............the language of the Quran? :sl:

Anyways, thanks for the reply Sis :no:

Just bro I've met Muslims who rather say it in english I was just curious. :sl:

Salamu alaykum,

who do you thank to brother? :sl:

Like Turkish people cant you say the same meaning in your own language? But she is a christian though, how does it work to make duaa that way? Hmmm. You can maybe say May Allah bless you? :sl:

Edited by muzur

Hmmm. You can maybe say May Allah bless you? :sl:

:no:

"May Allah Bless You"

Yea that would work :sl: Thanks Sis..............and that was thank for YOU[using large font size is not allowed]

^ Oh sorry for the misunderstanding.

Salams,

did you get angry at me bro :sl: sorry then.

You're welcome also.

Assalamu alaikum, Please no offence here, Let me see now, here is how it went Right??

-You did a favour for her.....

- She said "God Bless You".....

Now you want to say something in return, so you could just say "SAME TO YOU" or if you want to reply in Arabic, then you should say "WA IYYAKUM" which means Same to You.

It would make more sense to say JazaakAllahu Khairan or BarakAllahu Feeki to her if she did a favour to you, BUTMAKE SURE YOU EXPLAIN TO HER WHAT IT MEANS TOO.

Salaams.

Assalamu alaikum, Please no offence here, Let me see now, here is how it went Right??

-You did a favour for her.....

- She said "God Bless You".....

Now you want to say something in return, so you could just say "SAME TO YOU" or if you want to reply in Arabic, then you should say "WA IYYAKUM" which means Same to You.

It would make more sense to say JazaakAllahu Khairan or BarakAllahu Feeki to her if she did a favour to you, BUTMAKE SURE YOU EXPLAIN TO HER WHAT IT MEANS TOO.

Salaams.

Jazakallah Khair Sister :sl:

And no offence was taken. I dont know much Arabic so I appreciate you guys and gals (well mostly gals!) showing me what best to say. I love you all for the sake of Allah. Shukran.