Wristwatches...

Well...do you?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Well...do you?

• Always
    • Occasionally
    • Never

:D

I have been looking at wristwatches lately and I'm curious as to how many people actually wear them; now that cell phones are so common.

ALSO, I am wondering if anyone knows some links on where to buy NICE watches with Arabic numerals on them. Not Arabic as in 123456 but I mean the actual Arabic numerals like you'd see in a "learn Arabic" book.

Jazakallah khair in advance

AS

PropellerAds

Only occasionally, like when I go to a party or something.. which is pretty rare anyway. :D

But most of the watches I have are made of nickel or something, and I'm allergic to that. I'm gonna find a nice leather band one, then I'd wear watches more. I used to wear 'em a lot. :D

Always! I feel really unsettled if i don't have my watch on, because i have so many things to attend during one day, that i need to have a watch handy to keep a check of the time. A mobile phone isn't as useful, as i usually keep it in my bag and its a nuisance if i have to keep getting it out to check the time.

i only wear one occasionally...... i feel kinda awkward with having smthing on my wrist :D

i went with only occasionaly too :D

if am going to be on the bus or out for a while its handy but thats about it

Used to wear them a lot when I was at school, but since I left the watches have gone too! :D So now, NEVER! :D

Your Muslim sis

Watches ... :D I never used to take mine off unless I was doing wudhu.. but I lost my watch on the plane. :D

Assalamu alaikum

1,2,3...ARE the Arabic numerals, based on the Indian numerals. Italian Fibonacci (12/13th century) then introduced these numbers to the West after studying in North Africa I think in a madrasah.

Assalamu alaikum

I used to always wear a watch and if i didn't it felt like stepping out of the house without a Hijaab on my head. :D .. that was until i lost it and haven't had the chance to buy one i really like.

Ma'assalama

Never, phones usually do the trick, or the sun............

If im not wearing a watch, i feel like something's missing. :D

If im not wearing a watch, i feel like something's missing. :D

me too, i have never taken it off only when having a shower its been 4 years now and ive got a mark on my wrist :D

btw, wat hand do you wear ur watch on???????????

Assalamu alaikum

Left. Facing out on inwards towards your body?

Ma'assalama

me too, i have never taken it off only when having a shower its been 4 years now and ive got a mark on my wrist :D

btw, wat hand do you wear ur watch on???????????

:D lol ive got a tanline on my wrist from it.

I wear my watch on my right hand, facing inward. :D

1,2,3...ARE the Arabic numerals...

I am wondering if anyone knows some links on where to buy NICE watches with Arabic numerals on them. Not Arabic as in 123456 but I mean the actual Arabic numerals like you'd see in a "learn Arabic" book.

I meant like this:

C24-MyArabicNum.jpg

AS

I am wondering if anyone knows some links on where to buy NICE watches with Arabic numerals on them. Not Arabic as in 123456 but I mean the actual Arabic numerals like you'd see in a "learn Arabic" book.

I meant like this:

C24-MyArabicNum.jpg

AS

I have them in my watch..ie date in both arabic and english...must be because i bought it in kuwait...dont know its available in US or not

I can't leave the house without mine on :D

But most of the watches I have are made of nickel or something, and I'm allergic to that.  I'm gonna find a nice leather band one, then I'd wear watches more.  I used to wear 'em a lot. :D

I hardly ever wear them either since I'm also allergic to nickel. Almost all of them have nickel in them... and even the ones with leather bands... the watch piece still usually has nickel in it...

theres ones called something like "watch bar" watches when you like attach the time piece onto a full strap, so it doesnt touch you at all...

i seen some cute ones... just I dunno... ever time I seen one... I didnt feel like spending my money on them :D

i seen some cute ones... just I dunno... ever time I seen one... I didnt feel like spending my money on them  :D

Yeah, I'm waiting until I find one I really like and hopefully can keep it and pass it on to the little guys :D , inshallah. Also, I'd like to maybe get a nice one in KSA on Hajj, inshallah, and hopefully that one would have the arabic #'s like I'm lookin for...

AS

I always wear my one on my left hand. I love my watch. It's got a voice recorder and telephone index and its so simple and small one cant imagine its so sophisticated. Earlier i used to have a gps/remote control watch but it was stolen from a public place......oh well....

essalamu alikum

I always have it on, if i dont wear it i feel something missing :D i bought 2 from Gazzaz in KSA :D

essalmau alikum

I always wear my one on my left hand. I love my watch. It's got a voice recorder and telephone index and its so simple and small one cant imagine its so sophisticated. Earlier i used to have a gps/remote control watch but it was stolen from a public place......oh well....

Yeah, if I had one it'd be on my left hand too. Now that you mention it, I should get out the mad scientist kit and make a watch into which you can insert a sim-card and just use voice activation to pull up your contacts and call.

The only wierd part would be finding a relatively normal way to position your hand..

AS

:D ^^Lol.

Anytime I leave the house, I wear it on my left hand. Anyone seen the tissot touch screen watches.