Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PTJ_MrQ

Two British Soldiers Killed In Basra Blast

Salaam

Two British soldiers were killed by an explosion in Iraq today, the Ministry of Defence confirmed.

An MoD spokesman said the soldiers died following a roadside explosion in Basra province, where British troops have been stationed, this morning.

The soldiers were travelling in an armoured Land Rover five miles east of Shaiba when the device exploded at 11.30am (0830BST).

No details of the soldiers' identities or regiments are being released until their next of kin have been informed, the MoD said.

Article continues

The deaths take the number of British military fatalities in Iraq to 94, according to Ministry of Defence figures.

They are the first since three members of the 1st Battalion Staffordshire Regiment were killed by an improvised explosive device while on patrol on July 16.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guardian.co.uk/military/story/0,11816,1563106,00.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.guardian.co.uk/military/story/0...1563106,00.html[/url]

PropellerAds

:D

:D.....Allah put disaster in the path of your enemies, give victory to Islam, and give me the ability to be amongst those blessed individuals who fight and die in your path!!

Salaam

UK soldier dies in southern Iraq

One British soldier has been killed and three others injured in an attack in Iraq's Basra province, the Ministry of Defence has confirmed.

A spokesman in Basra, southern Iraq, told the BBC the casualties were being treated at Britain's Shaibah base.

A BBC correspondent in Baghdad said a roadside bomb had been detonated as the soldiers' convoy passed. The MoD said an investigation was ongoing.

The death brings the number of UK soldiers killed in Iraq to 95.

In a statement, the MoD said the fatal attack took place at approximately 11.15 (0815 BST).

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4234668.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4234668.stm[/url]

One British soldier has been killed and three others injured in an attack in Iraq's Basra province, the Ministry of Defence has confirmed.

:D :D :D

Truly pathetic. Made worse by the fact that some of these posters live in the UK, enjoying the benefits and freedoms that this country offers. Why not go outside and celebrate in the street instead if your so happy instead of gloating in your bedrooms.

Truly pathetic. Made worse by the fact that some of these posters live in the UK, enjoying the benefits and freedoms that this country offers. Why not go outside and celebrate in the street instead if your so happy instead of gloating in your bedrooms.

I completely agree.

Those that live in Britain must remember that the freedoms they enjoy, including the freedom to practice their religion, is the result of the sacrifices made by countless British soldiers.

As a British citizen, you and your country are protected by the British armed forces, they fight in your name. If you don't like this, renounce your citizenship and beg favour from whatever tin-pot band of merry men you consider your own.

To disagree with the policies that send them to war is a democratic right, to rejoice in their deaths is the very personification of hypocrisy.

Where are the calls for death with regards to the "insurgents" (read murderers) that target and kill innocent iraqi citizens, target children and worshippers at religious festivals?

All quite on the Islamic front.

Pathetic!!

I completely agree.

Those that live in Britain must remember that the freedoms they enjoy, including the freedom to practice their religion, is the result of the sacrifices made by countless British soldiers.

As a British citizen, you and your country are protected by the British armed forces, they fight in your name. If you don't like this, renounce your citizenship and beg favour from whatever tin-pot band of merry men you consider your own.

The British Army was decieved by false information giving by the government.

Should we still support them in what has become an illegal occupation?

Britain does not enjoy freedom of speech, just ask any BNP member what happend to their literature earlier this month. I doubt you know what I'm referring to, so go back under your rock and come out screaming and kicking the next time someone expresses hate towards an occupying force.

:D.....Allah put disaster in the path of your enemies, give victory to Islam, and give me the ability to be amongst those blessed individuals who fight and die in your path!!

Ameeeeeeeeen!

The British Army was decieved by false information giving by the government.

Should we still support them in what has become an illegal occupation?

Britain does not enjoy freedom of speech, just ask any BNP member what happend to their literature earlier this month. I doubt you know what I'm referring to, so go back under your rock and come out screaming and kicking the next time someone expresses hate towards an occupying force.

Nobody is asking you to support the occupation, i myself do not support the occupation. However, i do not rejoice in the deaths of soldiers which signed up to protect me and my country, just as i do not rejoice in the deaths of iraqi citizens or even the deaths of murderous insurgent scumbags.

As for the BNP literature, i know EXACTLY what you are referriing to. This is the result of the government kow-towing to the "sensibilities" of those screaming IslamOPHOBIA!!!!.

Much of the BNP literature is anti-islamic which meets with zero tolerance, yet a muslim standing on a corner, handing out hate-filled leaflets, preaching death to zionists and burning the national flag of the country that hosts him, is given all the freedom of speech he could ask for.

I am not a BNP supporter, but some of their views are beginning to ring true. It's testament to the govenments support of the muslim community that they have gone to such lengths to censor these views, but ultimately it will backfire.

As for crawling under a rock.......... i'm hurt.

(www.)"http://abc.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1460531.htm"]abc.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1460531.htm[/url]

Where is the outrage? Where is outpouring of righteous indignation??

All quiet on the Islamic front.

Zarqawi, eh? LOL

Thank you for that enlightening and informative response. I think i'll print it out and frame it on the wall.

I'm glad you find the instigator of the murder of countless innocent Iraqi's such a source of laughter. Somehow i think the Shia population of Iraq may hold a different view of the man.

As i type there has just been ANOTHER suicide bombing in Baghdad, 12 casualties so far.

If you found Zarqawi's comments so funny, this should have you rolling in the aisles!!

Pathetic!!

Asalam alikum,

Good to hear this, Yesterday I was watching interview of one of the afghan minister at ATV and he said that In last 6 months American deaths become double since the war started and in last 4 months 64 americans died there, and he said that people was thinking that Taliban are past but they suddenly increase their attacks and there are daily attacks by taliban all over the afghanistan. May the Opressors continue to die on both fronts like this.

Stickybackplastic, are you assuming Zarqawi is my hero? :D

You're wrong, friend. I am not a fan of him, neither am I a fan of Bin Laden. Reason being they serve America more than they serve anyone else.

Stickybackplastic, are you assuming Zarqawi is my hero? :D

You're wrong, friend. I am not a fan of him, neither am I a fan of Bin Laden. Reason being they serve America more than they serve anyone else.

So how do feel about the muslims that are killing Iraqi civilians?

It's pretty evident that British soldiers being killed is generally perceived as being a good thing on this forum (by many living in Britain!!) However, nobody seems to have an opinion on Iraqi (shia) men, women and children being slaughtered in the streets by those that are held in such high esteem on this forum.

One of my posts answers your question:

Like I mentioned before, I am against al Zarqawi, and anyone who thinks resisting the occupier is the same thing as targeting Iraqi civilians. I support ONLY those who target the occupiers and everyone working with the occupiers.

But then again, I believe the attacks on civilians are set up by the occupiers themselves who seem to be so quick to announce who carried out the attacks, blaming funny groups that are most likely non-existent. Heck, if they were so damn sure, they must have had previous knowledge that such an attack will occur...why didn't they stop it?!

Like I mentioned before, I am against al Zarqawi, and anyone who thinks resisting the occupier is the same thing as targeting Iraqi civilians. I support ONLY those who target the occupiers and everyone working with the occupiers.

But then again, I believe the attacks on civilians are set up by the occupiers themselves who seem to be so quick to announce who carried out the attacks, blaming funny groups that are most likely non-existent. Heck, if they were so damn sure, they must have had previous knowledge that such an attack will occur...why didn't they stop it?!

You don't need prior knowledge of a terrorist attack to attribute it to a terrorist group that claims responsibility, and has proved in the past that it not only has the know-how and weaponry to execute such an attack, but it also has the will and moral bankruptcy to rejoice in it's success.

Crackpot consipracy theories aside, surely not even you would deny the existence of Islamic insurgents targetting Iraqi shia civilians. They've issued a public declaration of war against the shia people!!

I'm glad to read that you are against Zaqawi. Are you also against those that beheaded Pearl, Bigley and those Nepalese workers, or did these people warrant their grisly deaths?