Islamic Forum

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64

Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

jesus christ was free from sin as you all know, he was indeed free from sin and still is just like God.

firstly why should i follow a prophet muhammed and walk in his ways i would end up getting locked up if i did and signing the sex-offenders register.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 65

Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'

The Prophet died when he was 63. So he must have married Ayesha when he was 51 and went to her when he was 54.

i do not wish to sound rude but the quran clearly states this.

so my question to you. is firstly why should i follow prophet muhammed and walk in his ways i would end up getting locked up if i did?

my second question is if i was a muslim and left Islam what would you do to me?

since the quran clearly states i should be killed (murder)

please answer my questions only and please do not write statements.

PropellerAds
Guest amani

Hi mike

firstly, i would like to say, when investigating something in general, a murder case a theft anything we must look at all information and evidence before judging.also those above quote you quoted are not quotes from the Quran but are hadeeth.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) after he married Sawdah (may Allaah be pleased with her). She – ‘Aa’ishah – was the only virgin whom he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married. And he consummated the marriage with her when she was nine years old.

Among her virtues was the fact that the Revelation did not descend when he under one cover with any of his wives other than her. She was one of the dearest of all people to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and news of her innocence was revealed from above the seven heavens. She was one of the most knowledgeable of his wives, and one of the most knowledgeable women of the ummah as a whole. The senior companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to refer to her opinion and consult her.

It may be noted that among his wives were those who were young and old, the daughter of his sworn enemy, the daughter of his closest friend. One of them occupied herself with raising orphans, another distinguished herself from others by fasting and praying qiyaam a great deal… They represented all kinds of people, through whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was able to set out a way for the Muslims showing how to deal properly with all kinds of people.

With regard to the issue of her being young and your being confused about that, you should note that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) grew up in a hot country, the Arabian Peninsula. Usually in hot countries adolescence comes early and people marry early. This is how the people of Arabia were until recently. Moreover, women vary greatly in their development and their physical readiness for marriage.

If you think that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not marry any virgin other than ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), and that all his other wives had been previously married, this will refute the notion spread by many hostile sources, that the basic motive behind the Prophet’s marriages was physical desire and enjoyment of women, because if that was his intention he would have chosen only those who were virgins and beautiful etc.

May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions

more regarding this issue can be read (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=44990&dgn=4"]here[/url]

Edited by amani

Hey there preacher,

First of all, the age of Aisha {RA} you quoted is not correct...

Secondly, for arguments sake, people from all cultures in ancient times married young and many people also died young...

Thirdly, before you start pointing fingers at our Beloved Prophet {ASW}, you need to address your own "god" or "son of god's" Morals:

It's highly inappropriate for a god or son of god to have a lover out of wedlock, in the form of mary magdalene (as your religious leaders and scholars claim he had done)...

What kind of example is he setting for his followers? At least our Prophet {ASW} Married Aisha {RA}...

Like the band Metallica eloquently said, "follow the god that failed!!!"

the door swings both ways dude :D

Edited by thezman

bismallah,

Peace! Mikee,

Since the Muslims have been so kind as to answer your questions I have a few of my own from time to time. Perhaps you can be of some assistance to be by answering them. Hears one.

If you have read of the life of the Prophet Muhammad(sallahu alayhe wassalam) you would know that those who were aganst him went to great leinghts to discredit him.

Keeping this in mind can you tell me why his foes at that time never raised this issue marrage of Aisha(ra) to use it aganst him?

Your second question is irrelevent. If you were a Muslim you would not leave Islam.

Yunus

Salam

jesus christ was free from sin as you all know, he was indeed free from sin and still is just like God.

firstly why should i follow a prophet muhammed and walk in his ways i would end up getting locked up if i did and signing the sex-offenders register.....i do not wish to sound rude but the quran clearly states this.

How many Muslims are on the sex-offenders register may I ask? I believe most people have answered your questions, but I'll elaborate.

Have you studied any History at all? If so then I'm sure you'll know what I will be telling you about. If you study the History of the time of Mary (as), the Mother of Jesus (as), you'll know that young maidens married at the age of 12 and a half. According to the popular Christian doctrines, Mary (as) had married Joseph the Carpenter. Because she was a maiden herself she would have married at 12 and a half years of age. According to the historic perspective of the Birth of Christ (as), he was born when Mary (as) was approx. 13 and possible 14 years of age. (For some evidence for example, you can refer to the Catholic Encyclopedia).

Therefore Mary (as) was a minor and we see no problem with this at all. Do you see us Muslims accusing Christianity and saying that the "Christian God" promotes impregnating or consumating with minors? Absolutely NOT!

If you know the kind of woman Mary (as) was, she was mature for her age and according to the Qur'an she was a woman chosen above all the nations. Aisha (ra) was also mature for her age. Aisha (ra) was one of the most prominant religious figures during her lifetime, men would travel miles and miles just to speak and learn from her, because she (along with the other wives) is designated as the Mother of the Believers. I suggest you actually take the time and read the Qur'an, I'm sure you'll enjoy a full chapter dedicated to Mary (as), the Mother of Jesus (as), Surah Maryam.

Please Note: Sahih Al-Bukhari is not Qur'an. It is a compilation of traditions.

my second question is if i was a muslim and left Islam what would you do to me?

since the quran clearly states i should be killed (murder)

I wouldn't do anything to you. It is up to the ullema to make a decision that does not concern me.

Salam

Hello,

PBS, whom I should expect to remain relatively impartial one way or the other, says:

Only one of his wives had not been previously married. Her name was Aisha, the daughter of one of his closest companions. Aisha was betrothed to Muhammad while still a girl, but she remained in her parents' home for several years until she reached puberty.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.pbs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/muhammad/ma_women.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.pbs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/muhammad/ma_women.shtml[/url]

Peace out,

AS

Have you studied any History at all? If so then I'm sure you'll know what I will be telling you about. If you study the History of the time of Mary (as), the Mother of Jesus (as), you'll know that young maidens married at the age of 12 and a half. According to the popular Christian doctrines, Mary (as) had married Joseph the Carpenter. Because she was a maiden herself she would have married at 12 and a half years of age. According to the historic perspective of the Birth of Christ (as), he was born when Mary (as) was approx. 13 and possible 14 years of age. (For some evidence for example, you can refer to the Catholic Encyclopedia).

Therefore Mary (as) was a minor and we see no problem with this at all. Do you see us Muslims accusing Christianity and saying that the "Christian God" promotes impregnating or consumating with minors? Absolutely NOT!

Salam

So what your saying is, take things in context? In that case, Aishi would not have been so young for her time?

Does the Ko'ran use the same calander we do? I'm interested also if the ages may have been improperly converted (or manipulated), leading or contributiing to this issue?

Peace

I hope that you ask because you want to search for the truth, and not because you just do not like the Message the Prophet conveyed.

1. Muhammad, sallallahu aleihi wassallam, did not marry A'isha, radhiallahu anha, to follow his own desires but to fulfil a commandment of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

2. The marriage of Muhammad and A'isha was an arrangement from God Almighty. If he did not marry her he would have disobeyed the order of God Almighty.

3. God Almighty is the One who makes the Law for us, but God Himself is not bound to any Law he made. Does He have to follow any Law? Is it a sin for God Almighty to throw people to hellfire and to allow punishment in the grave? No!! He is not bound to anything. We are bound to the laws he makes. He is the Lawmaker and he can give orders contrary to the law. He is able to make fire cold and he can turn the stick of Musa, aleihi salam, into a snake and he can make Mary give birth to Jesus aleihi salam without a father and he is able to allow a Prophet to get married to a six year old girl.

4. The instruction of God Almighty implies that no man is allowed to marry A'isha except Muhammad, sallallahu aleihi wassallam. It would be unlawful for any person to marry her.

5. Through A'isha, AbuBakr became Muhammad's blood relative which strengthened their unity and brotherhood.

6. Even if A'isha were still in the womb and the order of Allah came down then the marriage would already have happened although A'isha were still a fetus

7. Everything Muhammad did was for the sake of Allah and for the sake of Islam. The marriage to A'isha was not decided by Muhammad but by God Almighty and Muhammad just followed him.

8. The marriage to A'isha is not a Sunnah, but it is an instruction from Allah specificaly to Muhammad. We are not allowed to do what Muhammad did because for us it is not allowed. This was an exceptional situation and had greater purpose that just creating family.

9. Don't confuse marriage with mating. This means that marriage is a contract or an agreement that this woman or man is mine :D. We don't get married through mating like the animals. The marriage of Muhammad and Aisha mean that no one was allowed to marry her and she is Muhammad's wive.

10. The only children Muhammad had came from the marriage to Khadeeja, radhiallahu anha. With the other wives he did not have offspring. This shows you something.

Salam

11. Wisdom: A'isha was young and playful and therefore she asked Muhammad, sallallahu aleihi wassallam, questions that the Sahaba and the other grown-up wives would not have asked due to shyness and respect to the prophet. Muhammad's daughter Fatima did not ask him either because of her respect toward her father. However, Aisha as his wife was not shy at all. Most of the sunnah of the prophet that we have know exist because Aisha asked Muhammad in an informal fashion. Most of Muhammad's role as leader of a family or household is reported by Aisha.

12. Wisdom II: She was young when Muhammad, sallallahu aleihi wassallam, died. This means that she had a long life after Muhammad's death and could convey the Sunnah of the Prophet for a pretty long time. This was important for the Islamic State. She was one of the most knowledgeable scholar because she grew up as the wife of the prophet in the house of Muhammad.

First of all, the age of Aisha {RA} you quoted is not correct...

why do you say that? how old was aisha then when she's married to muhammad? thank you

there isn't really much i can contribute as an answer to ur question at it has already be said so elequently by various people... all i can say is that with regards to the prophet Muhammed (pbuh) marrying Aisha ( ra) wen she was 6. this is incorrect.. they were engaged at that time and later married at the age of nine where Aisha was mature enough for her age to handle life as a wife. also Islamic law unlike the law of the west is not based an age. a girl can be married as soon as she has reached the age their her mensturation starts and is seen as mature.. now this can be at any age ranging from 9 until 60. the Prophet (pbuh) married women of different ages, talents and tribes to serve as examples for the muslim women and as a muslim we are oblige to follow the example of the prophet. living in the west i an aware of the law quite clearly and as u have been so gud as to point out the consequences for that kind of marriage u have failed to point out that there are girls being raped and pregnant at age 9- 16 even though it is not legal. the western law has not value as very few regard it as a threat whereas the Islamic law is followed more closely, because people fear Allah more then man.

i apologise if i seem quite abrupt but i angers me that wenever non- muslim want to find faults in Islam, they use this topic and that of men marrying 4 wives as their amunition. they dont realise that Allah has told us clearly himself that nothing is without reason, whether we have knowledge of it or not. now i'm not directly point at u mike, but can i just say that if sum1 want to convert to Islam then they dont look at the religion based on wat people think.. read the Quran and Sunnah and base ur decision on Islam on that.

i hope this answer has been of any use and if any of it is difficult to understand plz feel free to ask me.

thankyou

hi there,

The issue of age of maturity is certainly one issue which is best left to cultural relevatism and it is a point well made that the blessed Mary would have also been considered very younger by today's standards.

The justification for Aisha's young age is that she was very special- fair enough.

One of the issues which concerns me, however, is that countries such as Iran have lowered the age of marriage for women to the age of 9 based on Mohammed's example. In today's world we do find very old men having sex with very young girls unacceptable and while we can accept it was very different 1500 years ago, and (if Muslim) different because Mohammed has special status, this cannot be said for 'ordinary' men living in 2006.

Yes, in the west we have child abuse cases and rape (as do all societies), but these are all prohibited morally and legally in the strongest terms, in Iran it is legally allowed in the name of religion.

Maybe I am simply lacking in sensitivity, but surely people must accept that there's something wrong with this behaviour in this time?

Love and Peace,

DARLA

Assalamu alaikum

One of the issues which concerns me, however, is that countries such as Iran have lowered the age of marriage for women to the age of 9 based on Mohammed's example. In today's world we do find very old men having sex with very young girls unacceptable and while we can accept it was very different 1500 years ago, and (if Muslim) different because Mohammed has special status, this cannot be said for 'ordinary' men living in 2006.

Is that so? I too find it inappropriate in today's day and age. :D

Ma'assalama

Asalam alikum brothers and sisters ,well read my post Aisya axact age at marriage ,hope you will find your answer