Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ummammaar

Islam In Greece

:D

I saw a documentary on how suspiciously and unfairly the Muslims there are treated, especially after 9/11. They do not even get Greek citizenship just because they are not orthodox baptized Christians. Some of the people there have been there for a few generations, yet their citizenship and ID were taken back from them. They work low-paying jobs in dangerous situtations--some for the Olympics. They ask Muslim world to boycott the Olympics. Some of them come from the Balkans, some from India, Pakistan and some Arab.

If anyone else has anymore information, please share it with us. :D

PropellerAds
:D

I saw a documentary on how suspiciously and unfairly the Muslims there are treated, especially after 9/11. They do not even get Greek citizenship just because they are not orthodox baptized Christians. Some of the people there have been there for a few generations, yet their citizenship and ID were taken back from them. They work low-paying jobs in dangerous situtations--some for the Olympics. They ask Muslim world to boycott the Olympics. Some of them come from the Balkans, some from India, Pakistan and some Arab.

If anyone else has anymore information, please share it with us. :D

peace

i was in Greece before, and i agree, Muslims are seen as aliens there.

The EU agreement with Greece was to drop this BIAS attitude against non Greek Orthodox citizens and especially accept Arab Orthodox Christians as well.

The problem boils down to people judging others based on appearance, basically racism., and we all know racists are simply ignorant cowards who fail to reconize anothers charactor.

:sl:

Can anyone please verify whether or not this link on Islam in Greece is upon the Quran and authentic Sunnah please?

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam.gr/cgi-bin/pages/index.pl"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam.gr/cgi-bin/pages/index.pl[/url]

Can anyone please verify whether or not this link on Islam in Greece is upon the Quran and authentic Sunnah please?

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam.gr/cgi-bin/pages/index.pl

Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters in Islam.

I am part of the team that operates the site Islam.gr

It's the first Islamic site in greek language and is based on Quran and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad SAW ONLY.

We try to give the proper image about Islam in a society that has misunderstood it.

If you need to know anything else about the site or even provide your help please contact with us on the following e-mail : Islam.gr]idees[at]Islam.gr

Also any kind of help in promoting the website will be more than welcome.

JazackAllah Khair

Islam.gr

Greece and the Balkans in general are not too fond of Muslims because of what the Ottomans did to them and also because of their conflicts with Muslims in Bosnia and Albania/ Kosovo... can't blame them tbh... same way Africans aren't too fond of Europeans because of what they did to them...

Edited by basedas2

Salams,

what did ottomans do to them? Like Armani people, they are ungrateful that's it.

Salams,

what did ottomans do to them?

muzur, no disrespect at all, but what the turks did to the greeks is exactly like what israel did to palestine... turks are actualy from CENTRAL ASIA and greeks are actually from anatolia (now turkey) and their capital was constantinople (now istanbul)... turks came to the greeks, fought them, kicked them out of their country, changed the name of the country, changed the name of their capital, changed their religion, changed their culture, destroyed the byzantine empire etc... then there was the janissaries thing etc... so greeks dont like Muslims because they say that Turks took their land, capital, religion, culture and empire and they forced them to fight for the ottoman empire too; some janissaries were forcefully convereted to Islam which wasn't good either... so with all due respect I have to side with the greeks on this one even tho I'm a Muslim... I'm siding with Palestine 100% for more or less the same reasons...

Edited by basedas2

turks came to the greeks, changed their religion,

Bro, i am %100 with Palestine too and i'm against israel but it's not really the same thing!

Turkish people never changed their religion! I dont know if a few some crazy went and did it but the real MUSLIM Turks never did that, cuz we know choosing Islam does not happen in the way of forcing. We know that's wrong! If Turks did it, now all Greek would be MUSLIMS now but they are not really.

You say we kicked them out of country... Come on man, you don't really know about the hadith our Prophet told! He says in the future Constantinople is going to be conquered and it will be happened by muslims. How nice/fine the commander of this group/society is HE SAYS. And along the history, Turks planned to conquer just because of this hadith.

But because of the British lovers of Egypt Government, you're being teached so wrong in the schools.

At a point in time, the country in which you live was called Anatolia, the city you live in was called Constantinople, the area was inhabited by Byzantine Greeks, the religion was Christianity, the culture was Greek. Then Turks, who were all actually from CENTRAL ASIA, kicked the Greeks out of their home, took their capital and changed everything in the land which wasn't even theirs... this is the sour truth! Turks were wrong in taking Anatolia in the sense that israel is wrong in taking Palestine.

But because of the British lovers of Egypt Government, you're being teached so wrong in the schools.

mmmmmm :sl:

half our country cant even read, do u think there's any sort of education happening here or africa generally?!

education is very primitive and basic; in africa education is not a tool for changing society's mindset like in the west cuz most kids dont even go to school or they drop out very early to work and earn money for their families.

our education doesn't bother teaching things like history of other countries; i have to look at these things myself if i want to know them. and from my point of view, the capture of constantinople was treachery; this is my own point of view, our schools dont teach this.

Turks were wrong in taking Anatolia in the sense that israel is wrong in taking Palestine.

You say this because you don't read the hadith i told you.

You don't even know in Istanbul there are some sahabe tombs. Cuz they heard that hadith and wanted to have the honour of the prophet told. THEY DIED ON THIS WAY. and they lay down in our territories now. I don't argue with you anymore... By the way we still say anatolia ( actually anadolu we say, and ana means mother and dolu means full) for the middle territories of Turkey. And probably again you DONT know istanbul has two sides: Asia and europe. But people here call asia side Anadolu. When i am asked which side i live in, i say anadolu.

ANYWAY.

Edited by muzur

The following authentic hadith about the conquest of Constantinople is usually interpreted to refer to the conquest that already took place at the hand of Muhammad (Mehmed) Fatih -- may Allah be well-pleased with him.

Hadith of the Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him and his Family:

"Lataftahanna al-Qustantiniyya wa lani`ma al-amiru amiruha wa lani`ma

al-jayshu dhalika al-jaysh."

"Verily you shall conquer Constantinople. What a wonderful leader will her

leader be, and what a wonderful army will that army be!"

Narrated from Bishr al-Khath`ami or al-Ghanawi by:

Ahmad, al-Musnad 14:331 #18859 [sahih chain according to Hamza al-Zayn]

al-Hakim, al-Mustadrak 4:421-422 [sahih according to him and al-Dhahabi

concurred]

al-Tabarani, al-Mu`jam al-Kabir 2:38 #1216 [sahih chain according to

al-Haythami 6:218-219]

al-Bukhari, al-Tarikh al-Kabir 2:81 and al-Saghir 1:306

Ibn `Abd al-Barr, al-Isti`ab 8:170 [hasan chain according to him]

al-Suyuti, al-Jami` al-Saghir [sahih according to him]

I thought Turkey meant Turkiye in Turkish...

And what does european and asian side of (constantinople) have to do with anything

I thought Turkey meant Turkiye in Turkish...

And what does european and asian side of (constantinople) have to do with anything

Yeah Turkey is Turkiye in Turkish.

I was just trying to explain that "asian" and "anatolian" words are used in the same meaning, in fact anatolian is used more commonly. You were saying :

the country in which you live was called Anatolia

Anatolia was not a "country" name, it is just the region's name, some parts of the region's.

γεια σου ! :sl:

I love the greek language.

I'm checking the page about Koran exegesis right now.

"Θαύματα Του Κορανίου"seems to be very interesting.

Thank u for the site .

To calm things down a little bit..

Basedas2 is totally right about one thing.

Greek hate Islam because of Turkey.

The connect muslims with what has happened here in Greece.

You should know that Greece as it is today was conquered by Turks for 400 years.

And I will tell you my own story to make things more clear.

One and a half year ago, I was christian.

And very much devoted. I had in mind the same things about Islam like the rest of the western world.

My grand-grandparents came from pontos PONTOS. They were kicked out from there in 1922.

Many of the Greeks that lived there died on their way back to Greece.Many were killed. Even women and children. Many were sent in what we call amele tabour, they forced them to work for Turkey with very bad conditions, till they died perhaps.

So since i was little i heard so many stories from my own people about what Turks did to us. Naturally i didn't have the best impression. And to make things worse, school provides all that thing and sometimes even fanatize us. You can imagine now what kind of idea almost all Greeks have when it comes to Turkey. And they always connect that image with Islam. How i changed my belief is a different story. Alhamdulillah for that.

But to change the rest of them and to make them understand that war of that time and Islam is a different thing, it is very very very difficult.

What i face most of the times when someone realises that i am Greek and muslim is something weird. First they suppose that i have turkish or arabic origin and then when they understand that i am Greek, they wonder how i can forget the history of my country.

Even at the beginning of our site about Islam, we have encoutered threats and things like that.

We try to keep a low profile and talk only about Islam. This is what matters the most.

Forever Young Posted Yesterday, 01:59 AM

γεια σου !

I love the greek language.

I'm checking the page about Koran exegesis right now.

"Θαύματα Του Κορανίου"seems to be very interesting.

Thank u for the site .

:sl: Hope you like the site more as you go on reading further.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Salamu alaykum,

okay i got you guys but our own prophet Muhammed Mustafa (saw) told this hadith and this hadith shows that the old Constantinople should have been conquered by MUSLIMS. Along the history thanks to this hadith many muslims attempted to conquer there. Cuz it's like an order of the prophet from old times to the future actually.

And if we think of the history, our porphet fought many times and Islam has a jihad politica for spreading the truth one, Islam. If i'm wrong, correct me please. I also know after our beloved prophet passed away, other khalifas like Hz. Omar etc went to fight with other nationalities after they had invited them to Islam. Turks were not muslims at the time of our beloved prophet unfortunately, and if muslim people didn't fight with Iran and they didn't learn and accept Islam it would be hard for Turks to become muslim. We got many Islamic words from persian language like PEYGAMBER, that is totally Turkish as all Turks use and also it is used in Iran (Cuz we learnt and borrowed that word from them)

The following authentic hadith about the conquest of Constantinople is usually interpreted to refer to the conquest that already took place at the hand of Muhammad (Mehmed) Fatih -- may Allah be well-pleased with him.

Hadith of the Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him and his Family:

"Lataftahanna al-Qustantiniyya wa lani`ma al-amiru amiruha wa lani`ma

al-jayshu dhalika al-jaysh."

"Verily you shall conquer Constantinople. What a wonderful leader will her

leader be, and what a wonderful army will that army be!"

Narrated from Bishr al-Khath`ami or al-Ghanawi by:

Ahmad, al-Musnad 14:331 #18859 [sahih chain according to Hamza al-Zayn]

al-Hakim, al-Mustadrak 4:421-422 [sahih according to him and al-Dhahabi

concurred]

al-Tabarani, al-Mu`jam al-Kabir 2:38 #1216 [sahih chain according to

al-Haythami 6:218-219]

al-Bukhari, al-Tarikh al-Kabir 2:81 and al-Saghir 1:306

Ibn `Abd al-Barr, al-Isti`ab 8:170 [hasan chain according to him]

al-Suyuti, al-Jami` al-Saghir [sahih according to him]

Salams,

ohh i am so sorry sister, i didnt welcome you yet. So

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :sl: It's so nice to have you here. Hope you don't hate me because i am Turkish. :sl: Well i've got a greek friend living in Cyprus but she never told me that she got a problem with Turks, instead, she acts like a best friend to me though she is also christian.

Salams,

ohh i am so sorry sister, i didnt welcome you yet. So

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :sl: It's so nice to have you here. Hope you don't hate me because i am Turkish. :sl: Well i've got a greek friend living in Cyprus but she never told me that she got a problem with Turks, instead, she acts like a best friend to me though she is also christian.

Why hate you? I always believed that simple people are just victimes when war between countries occurs. I don't have anything to seperate with someone only because he or she is from Turkey. And who knows.. maybe we can become good friends as well.

Fee Amanillah

Not One Masjid In Athens – Muslims Pray In Garages

There is not a single Masjid in Athens.

“There is no place in Athens that is legal. Not one. So yeah, we do our prayers in a garage.”

What would you do if you and your community had to go underground – literally – to find a place to pray?

An estimated 300,000 Muslims live in Athens. But because of the Greek Orthodox Church’s influence and growing anti-immigrant sentiment, it is the only European capital without an official Masjid.

As the far-right Golden Dawn party has gained currency since the 2008 financial crisis, Muslim immigrants have been attacked and murdered, and unofficial Masjids have been targeted. With so much hatred in the air, will an official Masjid ever be built?

Here’s the full story on the perils of being Muslim in modern Athens: