Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MIKEENGLAND785

Unholy Quotes From The Koran

"...now that a Book confirming their own has come to them from God, they deny it...they reply: 'We believe in what was revealed to us.' But they deny what has since been revealed, although it is truth...Say: 'Whoever is an enemy of Gabriel' (who has by God's grace revealed to you [Muhammad] the Koran as a guide...confirming previous scriptures)..will surely find that God is the enemy of the unbelievers.'...And now that an apostle has come to them from God confirming their own Scriptures, some of those to whom the Scriptures were given cast off the Book of God behind their backs...The unbelievers among the People of the Book, and the pagans, resent that any blessings should have been sent down to you from your Lord. " (Surah 2:88-, 98-, 103-)

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

"Men are tempted [in this life] by the lure of women...far better is the return of God. Say: 'Shall I tell you of better things than these, with which the righteous shall be rewarded by their Lord? Theirs shall be gardens watered by running streams, where they shall dwell for ever: wives of perfect chastity..." (Surah 3:14, 15)

"The only true faith in God's sight is Islam." (Surah 3:19)

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people...They desire nothing but your ruin....You believe in the entire Book...When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

PropellerAds

Salam

Have you ever read the Bible? Makes me wonder.

Anyhow let me elaborate on your claims.

(Surah 2:88-, 98-, 103-) --- Please be specific I don't see how this can be "unholy" and I bet you haven't read it throughly. Have you read prior to the verses or right after? Its like your just throwing Qur'anic verses right at us, I thank you for that but it makes us stronger in belief :D

(Surah 2:190-) --- Let me bring you the full verse, your quoting out of complete context.

Surah 2:190 - And fight in the way of Allâh those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allâh likes not the transgressors.

I see you also skipped a few quotes going onwards you missed out on verse 192 of Surah 2 (But if they cease, then Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) and you also missed out on this quote But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (wrongdoers-oppressers etc.)

(Surah 2:216) Please study what Jihad is because when it comes to defending, it is obligatory to defend yourselves. Are you implying that if your enemy invaded your country you wouldn't even at least support the defenders? Give me a break.

(Surah 3:14, 15) Again please specify on why you claim this is onholy?

(Surah 3:19) Your point is?

(Surah 3:118, 119) Have you read any interpretation or what it is actually talking about? For example during the time of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) the Jews of Madinah had a pact as part of the constitution of Madinah. However due to most of the Jews hatred, they betrayed there trust. Therefore it was advised thereafter not to form an alliance with the People of the Book.

Salam

Quotes From The Bible:

1. the lord said to moses: "If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put

to death." [leviticus 20:1,9].

2. the lord says: "now go, attack the amalekites and totally destroy everything that

belongs to them. do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and

infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys." [1 samuel 15:2-3].

3. to make room for israel in the promised land, god ordered the "Total

Destruction" of the Seven Nations that were already occupying it :

[deuteronomy 7: 1,2].

"Don't Leave Alive Anything That Breaths." [deuteronomy 20:16].

4. god orders israel to initiate wars of aggression, killing all captive men and non-

virgin women, and bringing any virgin women into sexxxual slavery:

[numbers 31:7, 17-18].

god orders the su-ckling infants of the enemy to be massacred:

[1 samuel 15:3].

5. the bible's treatment of women is abominable. women not only had a submissive

and inferior status to men, but they were considered chattel:

[genesis 3:16, exodus 21:7-11, numbers 30].

6. Child Abuse:

parents could legally kill stubborn and rebellious children, as well as children

who merely cursed, disrespected or disobeyed them [exodus 21:17,

deuteronomy 21:18-21, leviticus 20:9].

7. Condoning Slavery:

in the new testament-- paul commanded: "slaves, obey your earthly masters

with respect and fear." [ephesians 6:5]...[1 timothy 6:1, colossians 3:22,

titus 2:9, peter 2:18,21].

Grace and Peace Everyone,

As a Christian studying the Qu'ran and dialoging with the very knowledgable Khamosh I must say that I have not come across anything "in" the Qu'ran that I object to as unholy. Yes there is clear refutation of Orthodox Christian understanding of the Trinity but I am not sure I would assert that such refutation is motivated by unholy forces. Clearly I am still making my way through the Qur'an and have yet to finish it but thus far it has not struck me as particularly "unholy".

I am sorry but I am unable to concur with fundamentalist Christians in this assertion. Of course this doesn't mean that I agree with everything that I have read but I must conclude my finding with clarity and not emotional rhetoric.

Peace 4 Real.

Edited by Ignatius

hi, i'm not very impressed with your allegations its hardly a matter of refuting.

any1 can quote things out of context and make them suit their opinions.

for example

the quran says

...So woe to the worshipper....

:D (SARCASM!)

but if you read the whole thing and not cut and paste bits and pecises you get the whole jist.

so to continue with the above verse

Who are neglectful of their prayers,

Those who (want but) to be seen (of men),

Yet refuse small kindnesses!

,i hope you learnt somin here

Edited by slave

Grace and Peace Slave,

Was you post directed toward me? :D

Peace 4 Real.

Grace and Peace Slave,

Was you post directed toward me?  :D

Peace 4 Real.

no certinly not, its to those who have a habbit of taking things out of context be it from the bible, quran wateva.

Hellooo,

Yes, it's not hard to quote out of context at all. Here's some more from the Bible:

Tolerance: Non-Christians are deceivers and anti-christs:

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Violence:

Consume [them] in wrath, consume [them], that they [may] not [be]: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah.

Sexual Deviancy and Violence:

2:22  Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

2:23  And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Get it? It takes understanding. The same understanding with which you want Muslims to study the bible, use that capability for yourself to study the Quran. Then the intelligent discussions shall commence and quoting out of context shall cease, inshallah (God willing).

Peace out,

AS

im finding it hard to get an answer if these quotes are for real. is this really a translation of whats in the quaran?!

WOMEN IN Islam:

Tabari IX:113 “Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur’an.”

Tabari I:280 “Allah said, ‘It is My obligation to make Eve bleed once every month as she made this tree bleed. I must also make Eve stupid, although I created her intelligent.’ Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid.”

Message by mod: This post violates rule number 35

35- giving wrong meaning of a verse or quoting un-authentic hadith

When God talks of death, he refers to sin, for the wages of sin are death.

im finding it hard to get an answer if these quotes are for real. is this really a translation of whats in the quaran?!

WOMEN IN Islam:

Tabari IX:113 “Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur’an.â€

Tabari I:280 “Allah said, ‘It is My obligation to make Eve bleed once every month as she made this tree bleed. I must also make Eve stupid, although I created her intelligent.’ Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid.â€

Message by mod: This post violates rule number 35

35- giving wrong meaning of a verse or quoting un-authentic hadith

Yeah, those are fake.

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Cormerant posted all over the form and lacked sabr in waiting for replies, and when his questions were answered he (like so many) never returned, see here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=23135&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=23135&hl=[/url]

This is why I always ask now if a person is a seeker of truth or a person who just wants to argue and spread mischief.

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan