Islamic Forum
English Rose

Dear Admin: A Kind Request

Assalamu Alaykum,

I pray you are all in the best of health and emaan inshaAllah, and may Allah reward you all for your efforts, ameen.

Dear Gawaher forum, I've recently noticed that a reasonable amount of DaralislamLive Translations of Amr Khaled into the English language have been pasted here.

Unfortunately these lectures are copyrighted. Below each lecture states:

All Rights Reserved. This Translation by Daralislamlive E-Translation Publishing House may be printed and duplicated freely for private purposes. However, this is on the condition that the original source, Daralislamlive, is mentioned. For all other purposes not mentioned, you need to obtain prior written approval from the website management by using the Feedback Form

When we stated private purposes, this excluded pasting the articles on other websites. People need to ask permission for that before hand and we don't normally permit people to duplicate material on other sites since the purpose of having our website is for people to read our lectures there. Although you have put the name of Daralislamlive under each lecture, you have sadly spelt it wrong in most cases, which sadly means our copyright has been infringed.

Since our team has worked very hard to translate these lectures, I kindly ask you to delete all of our lectures which you have on your forum and instead tell everyone about the lectures they can read on our website instead of duplicating material by copying/pasting. I think this is more fair and I pray you are not offended by my request dear Muslims :D

I pray that this can be done soon. You can notify me on my e-mail address inshaAllah. May Allah reward you all for your kind understanding.

Gazakum Allah Kul Kheir for your efforts and inshaAllah later on we can discuss a banner exchange between our websites which is more effective then copying/pasting :D

Ramadan Kareem to you all.

Yours sincerely,

DaralislamLive Manager

PropellerAds

:D

So much for Muslim unity and working together in the road to dawah.

The published material, both in this forum and in your website sister, belongs to Dr. Amr Khaled. I understand that you have spent a lot of time translating it, and I respect that, but that does not give you any copyright on the lectures themselves. In addition, we're following your copyright requirments as mentioned in your copyright notice in your website. If you want to dis-allow all websites from using your translations, please mention that clearly in your copyright notice at your own website. Until you do that, we insha'Allah will continue to follow your current copyright notice.

Besides, if you cloely examin the copyright notice you just quoted, all it requires is that your website gets mentioned, which we did exactly. And your saying that your intention was not to allow websites to copy those translation is unfounded. On the contrary, asking that your website is metioned clearly imply that this is done on the web. Or could it be that you mean personal like in personal diaries for example? if so, why ask that we mention your website, then, in our own personal diaries?

On a side note, I want you to ask yourself: if we take the time to translate the same lectures of Dr.Amr Khaled and publish them here in the forum, upon permission from the author, wouldn't that be a waste of Muslim time?

Why don't you share your efforts with others, so that we Muslims do collective efforts, instead of scattering our efforts by repeating them unneccessiraly? Shouldn't we all be working for the sake of Allah, and the road to dawah?

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakatu,

(this post will come in two parts since it cant fit into one post)

Insha'Allah you are in the best of health and emaan and Allah SWT is pleased with you and your efforts, ameen.

I really only came here with a kind request, praying for my brothers and sisters, bidding them an early Ramadan Kareem, and asking no one to take offense or misunderstand my request. I really did not expect an abrupt reply, but inshaAllah I will make excuses for my brothers and sisters in Islam since things here over the Internet are easily misunderstood, and I pray that I have misunderstood you for being abrupt.

Actually I'm quite concerned that you have misunderstood my request, since indeed we are here to unite as Muslims, and as I said in my previous post, this can be done in many other ways that does not involve mis-spelling our site name and duplicating many of our lectures that has copyrights without notifying us. As you said, there is no need to repeat ourselves unnecessarily. Instead we could advertise for each other with a banner exchange and the other usual things done in a partnership.

For your information, we work closely with Mr. Amr Khaled's Manager and Secertary. They strongly advised us in writing that all of our English Translations should contain copyright owned by DaralislamLive, and this is with the approval and support of Mr. Amr Khaled since he is aware of our efforts. So we merely followed this advice.

I understand that you thought you were following our copyright requirments, but unfortunately you have mis-spelt our website name in several of the lectures you have chosen to paste, so you have not followed it exactly.

And to include the site's name and link was directed at those sending the lectures via email, printing it out to send to others, giving lectures at university or a khutba and so on. So all it needed was for the staff to kindly email us to clarify that information as many other website organisations kindly do.

I understand and agree that Muslim's should be working together, but I think it should be done directly to be more effective. We were not aware that your forum contained our lectures until recently. If a member of your staff had kindly informed us before hand, which is what many online organisations who wish to use more than 2 of our lectures, then we would have taken it as an opportunity to form a fruitful partnership with your forum, as we do with many other Islamic organisations.

So we do permit other websites to copy the odd lecture or two, but we were suprised to find several lectures on your forum and unfortunately with most of them not linking back to the proper name as previously stated. So on the contrary we do unite with other Muslims and work hand in hand (or in this case mouse in mouse) to spread Da'awah.

(continued below)

Please do not take my kind and polite request as a way to criticise and mis-judge hard working Muslims who love you all for the sake of Allah and wish the very best for you all. I pray no misunderstandings occur after this post inshaAllah and no hard feelings for the sake of Allah SWT.

The copyrights have been changed to the following:

All Rights Reserved to DaralislamLive E-Translation Publishing House. This Translation by Daralislamlive E-Translation Publishing House may be printed and duplicated freely for private purposes (this EXCLUDES copying and pasting

more than two of our lectures on websites and forums). However, this is on the condition that the original source, Daralislamlive, is mentioned with its full link, and stating below, "For more of these lectures, visit DaralislamLive". For all other purposes not mentioned, (i.e. if you want to copy/paste more than two lectures your forum/website) you need to obtain prior written approval from the website management by using the Feedback Form. Please note that amrkhaled agrees and supports that DaralislamLive has copyright over their English translations. Please do not infringe these copyrights. Barak Allah Feekum.

I do apologise if my previous post or the copyright was unclear in any way to you all which caused misunderstandings, please forgive us. And if we started off on the wrong foot I pray after this clear-up both websites can become good friends, sohba salha, fe sabeel Allah.

Barak Allah feekom and may Allah bless you with Jannah, ameen.

Assalam Alaikum wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakatu.

DaralislamLive Manager

Thanks sister for your kindness, and barak Allah feekum for modifying your copyright notice. Any mis-typed name of your website was not intentional, however please accept my apologies. Insha'Allah we will now comply to your new copyright notice, and so all Amr Khaled's lectures will be removed from our forum now. Barak Allah feekum sister and jazakum Allah khayran. Please send our salams to our dear brother Amr Khaled, and to all of your team members, and Ramadan Kareem.

Assalamu Alaikum, This is so sad, Personally I have never heard or read any lectures by this person, but SubhanAllah, someone's ego came across and has deprived many who would probably have benefitted, from the lectures.

Anyways, my way of thinking is that maybe something was wrong somewhere in the lectures or translations, so Allah protected us from giving wrong info to the general public. I know some of you may think that this lady is gone coo coo, but what else can you say.

If I had my way, I would have all Islamic material by authentic and true scholars to have no copyright on them, these things should be free for publication in any form, so that they could benefit the Ummah. Why do we need a name here, InshaAllah Allah will reward us in the hereafter for our efforts. Yes I agree we have to mention the name of the person or organization who put in the effort.

What next?????????? Copyright on the translation of Quran by Yousuf Ali, Marmaduke Pickthall, Sahih Bukhari...................etc.

tc.

We dont need non muslims to bring us down, we do their job better than they ever would. Sorry if I offended someone, but my heart cries. Wassalamu Alaikum.

We dont need non muslims to bring us down, we do their job better than they ever would.  Sorry if I offended someone, but my heart cries.

I understand your sadness sister. Funny that you mentioned that, but it reminded me of an author of a great book exposing zionism and the atrocities they have committed over the years, in amazing details and historical documentation. The author sent me his approval to publish his complete book in this forum. Not only that, but he astonished me with his kindness and offered another book he wrote, which I was not aware of, free for us to publish in the forum too.

That generous author is an old Jewish man.

This also reminds me of another moment of sad memories. Funny its also related to Dr.Amr khaled, though indirectly. By the way, Dr.Amr Khaled is a great young man, with astonishing talent. He's well known in all Arab countries, and his lectures, which airs on many satellite channels, has convinced thousands of sisters to wear the hijab, and get closer to Allah :D

He calls for many beneficial projects masha'Allah for the youth to participate in. Among those projects, one was to translate the works of Dr.Zaghlool Al Najjar, a leader among earth scientists across the world. In his works, he sails into the wonderful world of scientific miracles in the Quran and the Sunnah. A group of volunteering translators took it on themselves to translate his great lectures. I was very optimistic, for I've been looking for that translation for years all over the web. That man's lectures helped countless non-Muslims to embrace Islam. So, I contacted the translation group leader, and asked that they kindly provide me with a copy to publish in this forum, for the benefit of the many non-Muslims who visit here. Sadly enough, they sent me their refusal. The only reason they gave me was that this site is a discussion forum, with no room for translated works. I contacted them again, to stress that we have a large dedicated section for free eBooks, and that we're trying to make dawah mainly through this forum, and that many non-Muslims visit here. They never gave me their approval though, and even stopped replying.

I was very optimistic, for I've been looking for that translation for years all over the web. That man's lectures helped countless non-Muslims to embrace Islam. So, I contacted the translation group leader, and asked that they kindly provide me with a copy to publish in this forum, for the benefit of the many non-Muslims who visit here. Sadly enough, they sent me their refusal. The only reason they gave me was that this site is a discussion forum, with no room for translated works. I contacted them again, to stress that we have a large dedicated section for free eBooks, and that we're trying to make dawah mainly through this forum, and that many non-Muslims visit here. They never gave me their approval though, and even stopped replying

such habbits do make me boil :D i do somtimes wonder what the real intentions are dawah or publicity+money making.

those who are only concerned with dawah should have no problem for their materials to be copied if it wont be alterd ofcourse.

We dont need non muslims to bring us down, we do their job better than they ever would. Sorry if I offended someone, but my heart cries. Wassalamu Alaikum.

the sad truth hey,

Masoom, and Slave, why are you blaming English Rose? Where in her posts does it state that the articles should be removed. She states that there are conditons to be fulfilled before copying and pasting the articles. These seem to be obtaining prior approval from the website management and linking back to the website.

Assalamu Alaikum, Sister, I am not blaming English Rose, I am blaming the high headedness of all people involved in their organization, read carefully their original copyright statement and then the changed one. You will find quiet a difference in the wording.

Anyways, I think what we are trying to say here is that it is sad when we see that something can benefit the Ummah and could become a source of Twabe-e-Jaariyah for the original person and everybody involved, has been deprived because of some frail reason.

We are in a time when we have to help the Ummah anyway we can so that Allah will have mercy on us and maybe accept us as His loved ones. We are the followers of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam and his companions, who gave their lives to spread Deen, and because of whose sacrifices the Deen has been preserved and has reached us. Let us all ponder over it, and then ask Allah for forgivness, and hope He forgives us. Wassalamu Alaikum.

I apologize for the typo but I have specifically asked by email if I post the material on other sites and I was given the ok provided I give the source. So I can post the material here.

I shall correct the way I’ve written the site. It was not intentional.

I simple wanted to share the material as akh Amr Khaled wanted.

I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Assalamou Alaciom wr wb

Okay, I'm a little confused here, so can the lectures (more than 2) be posted as long as the source is mentioned correctly? Or they cannot be posted at all and need to be removed completely?

Jazakom Allahu Khair for clarification.

Wassalam.

What I received by mail from daralislamlive is that I can post them provided I mention the source. I did that but unfortunately in some of the posts I misspelled the name may be I put an a before the l or something like that.

That's what I was told.

I'm glad it turned out that our dear sister Zeinab, who's in charge of posting those articles, did contact that website's management long ago, before publishing those articles here, and obtained a written approval authorizing us to publish those articles in our forum. Seems like sister English rose did not check with her coleagues before posting this issue here. Insha'Allah if she keep a record of their approvals, such mis-understandings can be avoided in the future.

Sister English rose may freely contact sister Zeinab who will happily provide her with a copy of that email of approval, which is signed by 'Nermeen'.

Alhamdo l'Ellah we can put the lectures back online now :D

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=299"] Contemplations on the Quran ÎæÇØÑ ÞÑÂäíÉ[/url]

I'm glad it turned out that our dear sister Zeinab, who's in charge of posting those articles, did contact that website's management long ago, before publishing those articles here

Yay!! Good job, Zeinab :D :D :D!

Sister English Rose and I have resolved the situation. Alhamdulliah :D

I would like to thank her and her team for their efforts.

Jazakoum Allah kouli khier and Ramadan Kareem in advance.

One thing I liked is that the sister showed complete manners in putting forward her request. It is commendable. I dont particularly agree with the copyrights on Islamic material, but what can we do because she has 100% right to decide what to do with her work.

I just posted this just to say about the manners showed and this should be aknowledged so the person and others get encouraged.

yes wallahi i agree about manners even though the other points can be argued against