Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Allah's Slave

Forum Upgrade

:D

This topic is being opened to discuss the forum upgrade. I'm having some issues with the layout fitting my screen, and the rich text formatting options when I reply.

Would anyone care to share opinions/issues?

AS

PropellerAds

Yeah thats true.. The Bold Italic Underline, etc stuff shows up as one long line. :D In FireFox its showing up that way.

In IE its showing up as red "x"s. :D

Thanks everyone for letting me know these issues. I'm also aware that polls dont work properly now, and also topic options doesnt work when clicked at.

I've contacted the software tech support, and waiting their help.

Please continue to post any other issues you may find :D

... In FireFox its showing up that way.

In IE its showing up as red "x"s. :D

I forgot to mention I'm also using firefox. I've always preferred the gold skin and the new forum fits a *little* better. The "Radio Quran" section was basically inaccessible on the defauly skin but with gold I can juuust see the pull down button. Even if I use the (formerly inexistent) scroll bar along the bottom to move over the right, the pull down Radio Quran button is still cut off.

Scrolling to the right, apparently, allows me to see the "insert list" rich text option when replying but it's it provides no more access.

It also seems that, when replying, all the emoticons and everything in the brown boxes (gold skin) could be moved a half inch to the left. This may eliminate the need for the scroll bar if possible...

AS

Alhamdo l'Ellah I've managed to solve a few issues.

- now when posting/replying: the long line of formatting is now replaced with nice little icons, all within the table width

- the topic options button is now working

- edit in place, a new feature, is now also working

the polls are still an issue, still waiting for tech support.

anyone noticed any other problems?

edit:

regarding the Radio Quran menu, you dont need to see the drop-down arrow.

If its not visible to you, just click the word 'Choose' and the menu should fold down for you.

btw, only the IPB skin for members is now fixed. Other skins may not work properly now, with the new upgrade. But insha'Allah, if I couldn't fix the old skins, I promise insha'Allah to add new skins compatible with the new upgrade.

btw, you can now start multi question polls, as many members were looking for. Its among the new exciting features. You'll find no 'New Poll' button, because you can start your poll from within any topic you're making.

Jazakallah khair amu! May Allah :D reward you abundantly for your efforts.

The upgrades are excellent mashaAllah. :D

Mashallah! MUCH MUCH better :D :D I was screwing up and using the "IPB for Guests" skin since I used to stick with gold :D Now that I found the "for members" skin it's much more enoyable. Everything looks very clean :D Time to experiment

The blue reminds me of the old days... :D

AS

I suppose this isn't an issue with the upgrade, but for the first time I am seeing "Forum led by..."

That needs to be updated somehow, inshallah :D

AS