Islamic Forum
Swanlake

How Can We Spread The Messege?

:D

What if we were to visit our neighbours (muslim or non-muslims) with gifts of food and dawah material explaining about Ramadan and Islam. I think this is a great way of reaching out to our neighbours abd bring down barriers. You know us muslims are looked on us suspiciously but this would be really great idea. Some Bengali neighbours have been doing this for years (knocking our doors just before iftaar) and givindelicious fruits. I feel bad that we dont do it, so i am gonna start now.

PropellerAds

yeah mashallah sister i agree :D ...its an xcellent way of reaching out to the non-muslims who live around us :D :D

muslimah88

Edited by muslimah88

Assalamou Alaicom wr wb

Very true masha Allah!

This small step could help us proceed and take much bigger steps in terms of spreading Islam.

I mean, even if we just give them food before iftar, saying, "because it's ramadan" they may be curious themselves and inquire about Islam and its teachings.

It will also be cute if we got the little to kids to send to the neighbours some food or sweets. This could be a headstart if we were lacking a lil courage.

I can always use my nephews for a start :D

Jazakom Allahu khair,

Ramadan Kareem for all :D

Wassalam.

yes sis swanlake it is a bengali custom to give food to neighbours and it would be better iA if you reciprocate, :D for the idea i think i'm gonna slip in a leaftlet next time my mum gives anything to my kufr neighbours.

bro its not only Bangli custom..... :D we usually send food to our neighbours, most of them are Muslim in our area... but never came up with this idea of Dawah... well as far as i know them... they are very practising Muslims.... but it sure is a good idea!

bro its not only Bangli custom..... smile.gif we usually send food to our neighbours,

It is I say! :D :D

Edited by slave

:D, talk about dawah.

relax i was messing :D shessh make a 100 excuse for your brother :D

What if we were to visit our neighbours (muslim or non-muslims) with gifts of food and dawah material explaining about Ramadan and Islam. I think this is a great way of reaching out to our neighbours abd bring down barriers. You know us muslims are looked on us suspiciously but this would be really great idea. Some Bengali neighbours have been doing this for years (knocking our doors just before iftaar) and givindelicious fruits. I feel bad that we dont do it, so i am gonna start now.

sister thats an excellent idea....inshALLAH we can all spread the message this ramadan to the non-muslims and even to a few other muslims.

I remember once a sheikh was saying ....to invite your neighbour around your house and teach her how to make a simple indian dish....and inshALLAH the lady would think that Islam is such a nice, kind religion etc...and then inshALLAH enquire more about Islam.

esp. with all this bad talk of muslims at the mo'...this would be a prime time to spread the truth about Islam. inshALLAH

Even though there are very very few muslims in my neighbourhood....AlhamduLILAH the rest of the neighbourhood (non-muslims) are very nice and polite people....

one thing that does scare me is...what if i dont do enough dawah and im accountable for this on the day of Qiyama.

May Allah swt guide us all on the straight path.ameen